• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Left 4 Dead v0.39

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Make your way to the heli-pad and survive while waiting for rescue!

11 Players MUST work together to survive, a lone target is just as good as dead hence the title. You also need to constantly move to different closets to get items to survive, zombie attacks almost never ends, if only for a short time.

v0.32 - Fixed & balanced alot of things and added some new things.

v0.34 - Added more objectives and fixed other things.

Keywords:
Left 4 Dead, zombie, survival, resident, evil, attack, dead, left, infected
Contents

Left 4 Dead v0.39 (Map)

Reviews
19:09, 11th Jun 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 31
I suggest you to improve the description of those hotkey.
Instead of written Hotkey is F, you could have easily set it Shotgun [F] or using the standard technique of blizzard by setting it up this way >>> Shotgun.

It is good to have difficulty setup, but I think the quality is too low to be acceptable. Even for hiveworkshop standard, it definetely a NO from me.

Based on the map condition, I think everybody would prefer to play Resident Evil by Kofi_Banan instead of this. The terrain, item and many more need tremendous improvement.

Description of the map ain't that good as well. All it written was "Make your way to the helicopter and await rescue! ".

You could have add more information.

Level 6
Map idea is very good!!!
The game transfer is also very good.
Cool triggers!
But you have to improve your map in many things.

- Terrain is very aweful
- Map need much more doodads
- The witch is left(5 enemy characters)!!!
- Many bugs

Screenshoots: Bug: I have pushed a Boomer with the "Push Spell" between walls.

I miss many things like custom models, more weapons,...
Hope you can improve the map!

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_120408_175405_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_120408_175405_01.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,525
  • WC3ScrnShot_120408_175416_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_120408_175416_02.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,256
Level 6
Whoa I was pondering if I should make a L4D game, but someone already did! If you need help, contact me ^^ (PM)

P.S. Don't feel too bad about Septimus. He's a strict moderator >=(. Actually, he rejected my map for a false reason and he still has not apologized by giving my map back :(. It was his fault for rejecting it, so I should not be punished here but o well. I'll comment more when I test your map out.

after testing...

LOL OMG NICE XD I LOVE how you got the PUSH to work! :D and I LOVE how smokers have that chain. Very nice. I know this was a casual game make for you, but if you actually work on it a bit more, it can be very good! You need some "systems" in your game though like a weapon/ammo system (do it however u want either inventory display or gold/lumber) and.. well that's the only major one I can think of. I like the skills a lot! And I think you should spawn items around the map instead of closets. Then you can use closets to revive people like in the real game.

Nice game ^^ if you ever need me, just PM me.

Last edited:
Level 31
P.S. Don't feel too bad about Septimus. He's a strict moderator >=(. Actually, he rejected my map for a false reason and he still has not apologized by giving my map back :(. It was his fault for rejecting it, so I should not be punished here but o well. I'll comment more when I test your map out.

Don't blame people when you yourself don't bother to check the bandwidth of your map.

For me, I don't give a damn at how nice a map been develop. As long it was unplayable at certain aspect, it should be rejected.

And I am sure I had told you all those problem in your map through chatroom.

Don't slander other peoples maps if you're not review said map :p

You're getting there, though.

I don't test resources to said how nice it was or what should be improve, but rather ensure the resources is safe enough to be used. Map mod/admin duty is to ensure the resources is safe, what else we have the approve/reject system for ? :p

Seldom reject resources because of quality, if I do. It mean the resources was poorly develop.

Ash, you're strict at quality. But, I am more to bugs & error. :p
Maybe you should be re-appoint as map moderator level 2. Map that earn my approval for bug free would be test by you to ensure the quality is good. :p

Many problem with this map at this moment, I think I would wait till v0.40 before I play it again.

Level 6
Don't blame people when you yourself don't bother to check the bandwidth of your map.

For me, I don't give a damn at how nice a map been develop. As long it was unplayable at certain aspect, it should be rejected.

And I am sure I had told you all those problem in your map through chatroom.

Lol, are you sure you were awake during your conversation? I did check the size of my map. And we did prove that my map size was in fact, suitable for B.Net because you even tried it yourself. Remember the little chat about how I hosted that exact same map on BNet many times on bnet?

Please, get your facts straight. And since when has Hiveworkshop turned into a strict uploading map site? We are just people and we are not perfect. We do not have jobs to make games on WC3. I'm just a kid, so why are you guys being so mean? D=. And stop rejecting maps for false reasonings (like mine).

Level 2
Did you just have to make a L4D map? Just cause the game has got huge hype now, didn't mean you've had to make a map for it...

Level 6
Map sucks!
At the moment 10x best rating on epicwar!
All people like the map!
I have every time i host the map fullhouse!
I mean it´s because of the cool game adaption of the PC game and of the low size of the map! At the moment only 99 kB!

Many people told me that this map isn´t like in Left 4 Dead because there are 11 human survivors! PC game has 4.

Also it would be better if you add a new terrain maybe host(player red) can choose at the beggining on which terrain he want to play. So maybe you can add a forest terrain with houses,... like in the real Left 4 Dead. Or a village terrain which you can choose at the beggining.
Watch out that the terrain size will not rise about 1,5 mB i mean lesser poeple will wait and play the game.

One of my favourite maps!
Keep up the good work!

Level 31
To Bumkt & MrBimbo : I have few advices for you.

1st, you are currently off topic and your posts have nothing to do with this resource.
2nd, if you cannot accept somebody else review, just ignore it.
3rd, if you cannot accept somebody else review, do not post your map.
4th. if you cannot accept somebody else review, do not ask for review.
5th, if you cannot accept the rules of this site & moderator/admin decision, do not bother to upload your resources.
6th, not everybody could speak english very well. English might be your native language, but it is not for the other and they need something called "Time" to learn it.

To operationer : You certainly have edit the terrain, still it need to be improve. The same goes to the tooltips.

Level 6
DUUUDE nice edit!!! Terrain is looking more beautiful but still doesn't look excelent. I LOVE playing on expert! It's really fun and everyone enjoys it too =). I'm kinda surprised on how many L4D players there are on WC3 and they can relate to the game. They like it a lot, congrats! =P. Just more terrain adjustment, some tweaks here and there and I think that should be it. Add witch!!

Bug Issues:
Instead of using Shockwave as your dummy spell, use carrion swarm or another line damaging spell because Shockwave causes lag.

The game says it's over even though people are still reviving. If you are trying to mimic the game function where if everyone is "Down" the game is over, then it's okay. but I'm not sure if you are trying to do that.

To Septimus: Well, You never talk back to me anyways or PM so I found this L4D page as my chance to talk and communicate =\. And relax I'm not trying to bomb you or anything. I'm just a bit irritated by the fact that you rejected my map for no good reasons (yes I am 100% sure it is under 4mb and it works on bnet. PM me if you actually want to play it with me on bnet to see for yourself.)

And I can accept somebody's review. I just can't accept things that aren't true.
(I didn't mean to offend you about the language.)

P.S. Sorry operationer for using your web space as a communication source from me to Septimus =(.

Level 15
PROS and CONS

PROS: This map provides future ideas and reference for other zombie games, you can still find something amusing about it though.

CONS: lacks sound effects and models, 11 player co-op sucks ( since L4D was suppose to be a 4 player co-op), frustrating controls, gun effects are lame, NOT even close to the original. L4D fans would be disappointed

Score: 1/5

Last edited:
Level 3
Lol, when i played, about 4 hunters came and started beating me up on the first time i played. Couldn't move. XD
oh yeah, and try making the hot-keys the Q,W,E,R,T keys? it will be easier to manage.
Boomers don't puke and Hunters don't pounce? :O
Tank looks ugly. Smokers don't wear hoods, just saying. Although I guess that's okay, since there isn't really any suitable zombie models for the Infected (I tried making some Infected models for fun, but I suck, seriously, take a look http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/4056/warcraftl4dzombiesattem.png ). 11 player co-op? What's up with that?

Last edited: