• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Learning struct fo OOP with extra libraries for missiles spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello. I looked around for several projectile systems. But they seem to me not very comfortable and bulky. Before that, I saw the concept of this hero. And I looked at how he realized his throw with axes. And it seemed to me not so difficult because of OOP, but the problem is that I do not understand anything about OOP and structures, this is complicated by the fact that it uses a huge number of libraries. I found this old tutorial here, but I think it's a little outdated. Since it does not affect third-party libraries. Is there any practical tutorial using all the common libraries in OOP?

Level 39
Is there any practical tutorial using all the common libraries in OOP?
How to interface with a particular library is entirely dependent on how the library was written, but the specifics of how that interfacing works will never change. Non-static methods always require a struct instance and use dot syntax (call Object.method1(GetTriggerUnit, Object.methodthatreturnssomething()). Static methods require the type name + dot syntax. Things with the private keyword cannot be accessed outside their scope. If they exist, public scopes require you to use their prefix. Object inheritance is defined and implemented exactly the same everywhere. Etc.

When you see something you don't understand, look it up in the JASSHelper Manual. Or read it at your leisure to see what is possible and how it works. Libraries usually have example code or comments explaining how to use them properly.

Level 3
When you see something you don't understand, look it up in the JASSHelper Manual. Or read it at your leisure to see what is possible and how it works. Libraries usually have example code or comments explaining how to use them properly.

Yes but there are not many practice lessons. It's all theory. I have problem with theory bc I don't understand how I can use it. Like I just don't understand how to combine theory with practice. I remember when I studied at a technical school and I understood the theory pretty well, but I could do almost nothing on practice

Level 39
Then I would suggest that you just try to make a simple example using the library that you don’t know and ask about it here if you get stuck or do not understand. Use the examples as a base. Even if it doesn’t DO anything, confirming that you are using the syntax correctly may be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.