• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Laptop Adapter fell off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hey people!
Today something strange happened.
Laptop turned off, me cleaning my desk.
Accidentally I moved my adapter's wire and the adapter fell of my desk at height of 7cm (and made a small front flip (lol)).
During that accident a spark (like fire) took place and I though it would explode!
After the spark the adapter was extremely hot!
I left it for an hour to cool down and I needed to use a cool machine to cool it of!
Now I play for about 2 hours with the adapter just warm.
What happened?
Should I do something?

Reminder: Laptop was turned off during the accident.

Level 22
The safest thing to do is bring it to a technician, it might have been damaged and it might cause harm to you and your laptop.

Level 14
....it might cause harm to you and...

brace-yourself-shit-just-got-real.jpg

Will try.
Thabks for the answer

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Sounds like it got shorted with grid power, which likely fried it.
Now I play for about 2 hours with the adapter just warm.
Yeh it seems to still work amazingly. I to would have thought it to be dead if he did not say it still worked.

During that accident a spark (like fire) took place and I though it would explode!
Where was this spark? What do you mean like fire?

Falling 7 cm should do nothing to a charger. I mean they are designed to be thrown around, probably even for meters while in use. If you can explain what happened more clearly we may be able to explain why.

Level 14
Maybe 7cm are not a heigh, but I pulled it, adding another Force plus Weight.
It wasn't a free fall.
It was an accident................................................................................
About the spark, it was bright. Really bright.
It was a spark I think inside it and it was so bright that it seemed like a small fire.
After that, God Knows how it didn't melt.
Now it's fine.
However the thing that trubles me most is why that happened, while the laptop was closed (note: enviroment temperature is 32 Celcius).

Status
Not open for further replies.