• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Languages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Campaigns should be done in english because it's world language. But if Darky27 wants to release a german version, I would like to help translating it into german (although Darky27 is better in english-german than I am). My project The World of Andolar - Shadows Rising will be released in german and english.

Level 1
What i still dont get is that there is only 2 languages... Germand and sometimes French. But we never have Duth, Spain or Italian versions ... maby the autors should ask people to translate into other languages, or we just use English versions ...

Level 13
The problem is that there aren't so many guys that now english/dutch, english/spain etc and wanna translate something for free (don't forget that you need to find guys that have to speak e.g. spain for the voices). If there are any guys that wanna do a translation for other languages, plz respond here. And it's Darky's choice if he wanna do this work again (testing voices / search for translation mistakes)

Level 6
Why bother translate it to other languages than English? You know english good enough for a campaign unless you live on Neptunus. I could translate RotD to swedish, but it would sound totally gay if i did...
As some voices from the prolouge would sound in spanish;

"Muera lich"
"Usted no me puede doler con este tipo de la magia"
"Y su nombre es Metamorphus..."

Doesn't sounds very good, does it? :?

Level 3
with ur permission, i would translate the whole thing into german, when its released. i know lots of guys who would help me doing voices, cuz it sucks, if everyone has the same voice ^^

Level 22
A real big problem with translating is that the world editor only support English characters, so that leaves so many countries that is is applicable to. In this case, English, German, Spanish, French, all those are feasible. Editors that support Asian text don't recognize maps made with the English-text. Maps cannot be transfered between Eastern adn Western languages....otherwise I would be asking Darky for permission to translate ROTD into Japanese and possibly Korean...

Speaking with an a guy from China recently, I heard that most Asian mappers stick to the english version, anyway, because they can get their maps spread across b.net easier and get more players for them.
-VGsatomi

Status
Not open for further replies.