• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Playing with the Game Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey I would like to ask a simple and fast answered question:
Is it dangerous to play with or change the game interface?
Can the language be changed by thatß

If you dont understand what I mean, I make an example:

I am from Germany so my Programm and the world editor is in german.
If I use "own Game Interface", I am able to change for example the cursor.

Does the rest (Like Text messages) is now all in german, and also for people who play this map and have their programm (warcraft 3) in english?

Better example:
I use my own Curder (and therefore I pick that cross on "own Game Interface").
Does the rest automatically change the language? (I mean, when I did not use my own game interface, then everybodys game interface would be the language the player itself has used for wc3 [If a player has the game in english, then the interface would also be english]. But now I changed the curser and used own Game Interface, then the messages for example for "Tagtet has to be alive" would be changed to my language "Das Ziel muss am leben sein").

So I ask again, does this happen when I use my own game interface?
Or does it only happen when I change the accordingly value?

<I hope everybody understood my question, if not, tell me, then I will try to explain better>

Level 18
in a way you'll screw your WE? i dont think so, but it is let's say dangerous for your map as you can delete some paths or change something important.

But there's an easy fix: you can check ''reset setting to default'' if you screw the goddamn something. So let's say no need for big worrying

Level 5
Afaik, it won't change the language. I mean, i have seen a lot of games with a changed game interface partially found descriptions which still were in my native language, so i doubt it will.

Level 30
It wont change anything, nothing dangerous at all in changing or making a custom Game Interface but if you are impoting a custom font for game, issues such as changes in Game Interface might reset tho and only way to do it again is to do the changes again.

Level 3
Ok, I only changed some parts (such as HUD, Mouse Button and Selection Circle) so there wont be any language changes...
great, tahnk you all

Status
Not open for further replies.