1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Languages

Discussion in 'Nature's Call - Return of the Dragons' started by BladeKiller, Jun 17, 2004.

1. BladeKiller

BladeKiller

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Will Return of the Dragon only be in English or is it different Languages?

You,(Darky27) should make your own Campaign at least in your own language. That would be great for me because I'm German :D

2. DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Resources:
    Resources:
    Campaigns should be done in english because it's world language. But if Darky27 wants to release a german version, I would like to help translating it into german (although Darky27 is better in english-german than I am). My project The World of Andolar - Shadows Rising will be released in german and english.

3. BladeKiller

BladeKiller

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Thanks for your quick answer but i wait for the answer of the master himself: Darky27 . :D

4. Darky29

Darky29

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    english first... others might follow

5. Anub'arak II

Anub'arak II

Resources:
    Resources:
    When will the german version be ready??

6. DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Resources:
    Resources:

No one said that a german version WILL follow, only MIGHT follow.

7. Azjol-Nerub.

Azjol-Nerub.

Resources:
    Resources:
    What i still dont get is that there is only 2 languages... Germand and sometimes French. But we never have Duth, Spain or Italian versions ... maby the autors should ask people to translate into other languages, or we just use English versions ...

8. DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Resources:
    Resources:
    The problem is that there aren't so many guys that now english/dutch, english/spain etc and wanna translate something for free (don't forget that you need to find guys that have to speak e.g. spain for the voices). If there are any guys that wanna do a translation for other languages, plz respond here. And it's Darky's choice if he wanna do this work again (testing voices / search for translation mistakes)

9. DBZ_SSJ8_Vegeta

DBZ_SSJ8_Vegeta

Resources:
    Resources:
    well it would be a pleasure for me cause im dutch.
    i was planning to buy a new microphone next week so why not :p?

10. TheWickerMan

TheWickerMan

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Why bother translate it to other languages than English? You know english good enough for a campaign unless you live on Neptunus. I could translate RotD to swedish, but it would sound totally gay if i did...
    As some voices from the prolouge would sound in spanish;

"Muera lich"
    "Usted no me puede doler con este tipo de la magia"
    "Y su nombre es Metamorphus..."

Doesn't sounds very good, does it? :?

11. DemonMaster13

DemonMaster13

Resources:
    Resources:
    maybe you can only transelate the spells and cinametic and let the voices be english maybe ?

12. Carnalien

Carnalien

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think everything should be first in english because almost everibody understandes it.

13. Storm_Mage

Storm_Mage

Resources:
    Resources:
    What about that? Subtitles in other languages!
    I think that would be the best way...

14. mr.szing

mr.szing

Resources:
    Resources:
    with ur permission, i would translate the whole thing into german, when its released. i know lots of guys who would help me doing voices, cuz it sucks, if everyone has the same voice ^^

15. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    A real big problem with translating is that the world editor only support English characters, so that leaves so many countries that is is applicable to. In this case, English, German, Spanish, French, all those are feasible. Editors that support Asian text don't recognize maps made with the English-text. Maps cannot be transfered between Eastern adn Western languages....otherwise I would be asking Darky for permission to translate ROTD into Japanese and possibly Korean...

Speaking with an a guy from China recently, I heard that most Asian mappers stick to the english version, anyway, because they can get their maps spread across b.net easier and get more players for them.
    -VGsatomi