• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kyuss!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
My latest favourite band, Kyuss is here! It probably wouldn't come as a surprise to some of you (those who know me and my taste in music well) that I like Kyuss, considering that 2 of its members come from my favourite band, Queens of the Stone Age (one of them still remains) and this man, Josh Homme, is also the drummer for Eagles of Death Metal. How cool is that? 3 awesome bands, and my favourite guy, Josh Homme happens to be in all of them :) But i'm not here to talk about Josh Homme, this thread is for Kyuss. Kyuss is (like Queens of the Stone Age) a desert rock (coming from the fact that they are based out of Palm Desert, California) band, and they are the precursors to Queens of the Stone Age. They have a desert rock/stoner rock kind of sound, and it's all very great. If you like heavy/harder rock, then you will like this band. They have a very bass-oriented style, and Josh Homme, the guitarist, even plays out of a bass amp. It's all very wonderful sounding. There are three albums that you must listen to, two are amazing (blues for the red sun, sky valley) and one is great (...And the Circus leaves Town) and all the rest are definetly worth checking out. If you are an iTunes user then check these songs out:
Demon Cleaner
Thumb
Hurricane
Green Machine

`Brad.

Status
Not open for further replies.