• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Favourite Album

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Ideally an album should tell a story. It should never be just a grouping of songs, but a journey of sorts. What is your favourite album?

Mine is Songs for the Deaf, by Queens of the Stone Age. It's about a physical journey through the California desert, but it's a symbolic journey through the soul. I love it very much.

So post yours!

Level 27
Ghost - Radical Face.
Ghost sort of tells a story of cycles, the beginning songs are about finding a new home, the last ones are about leaving home, everything in between are the stories in between.
That's my interpretation, however the artist stated it was a story with the concept:
"What if houses, those really old ones that have stood for over a century, wood creaking and windows fogged, what if they could tell stories about the people who lived in them? Those who came, those who passed, and all of the stories in between?"
I think the concept is a really neat idea, and it has a few of my favorite songs.
--donut3.5--

Level 27
None - Haven't been listening to Music for a year or so.

And you didn't die? Impressive...

And mine is.

graventhe.gif

GRAVEN - THE SHADOWS ETERNAL CALL

1. Prologue
2. Horde of Wolves
3. The Glorious End
4. Lords of The Winter
5. Swarm of The Night
6. From A Distant Past
7. The Presence of Death
8. The Shadows Eternal Call / Epilogue

Level 34
Out of Exile - Audioslave

Can't say it's my favorite, but it's definitely one I quite enjoy to this day.

Level 14
Well my favorite album is Lateralus by Tool.

I'm not much of a "literary" thinker, so I don't know the exact story that it tells, but I am a "musical" thinker.

Lateralus is a progression, musically, that evokes your every emotion. It's an intellectual story, more than a tangible story, if you know what I mean.

I'm sure there is a story, I'm just not too bothered to find it out, because I can just feel where the music takes me emotionally, and that's enough of a "story" for me.

Also, I'm not sure if this counts, but Jefferson Airplane's "The Worst of Jefferson Airplane." No story (it's a greatest hits album), but I love it. The End.

Status
Not open for further replies.