• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Knockback Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I would suggest contacting with the owner of the unit, (jeez too much wc3 >.>) *of the thread to see how he made it or with the guy that posted the answer, for further explanation. Unless you prefer waiting for a post here.

{EDIT}
What didn't you understand? Loc stands for Location (=Point), Real stands for itself (Real Number), Integer also stands for itself (Integer Number) and Effect stands for Special Effect.

Level 13
See before annoying us with stupid questions you should read AT LEAST!!!

2 Tutorials!

1. Basic tutorial concerning basic triggering: Here
2. Basic tutorial concerning variables: Here

And THEN you can search for a knockback system and if you don't understand it ask us.

Btw: Why is your titel "epic map maker"?

Level 13
See before annoying us with stupid questions you should read AT LEAST!!!

2 Tutorials!

1. Basic tutorial concerning basic triggering: Here
2. Basic tutorial concerning variables: Here

And THEN you can search for a knockback system and if you don't understand it ask us.

Btw: Why is your titel "epic map maker"?

Jeez chill mate, why do you think it is? ( The title)
Oh and thx Vergil rep+
I wanted to be sure of them since I screwed it first time I tried...
Btw: I think most people appreciate constructive comments in their threads so if you don't have any please, don't post negative comments, keep 'em for yourself.

Level 2
  • Chill Nova
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Chill Nova
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within (200.00 + (((Real((Level of Chill Nova for (Casting unit)))) - 1.00) x 12.50)) of (Position of (Casting unit))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Y of (Position of (Picked unit))) Greater than (Y of (Position of (Casting unit)))
              • (X of (Position of (Picked unit))) Greater than (X of (Position of (Casting unit)))
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Chill_Nova_Unit_Degrees = (Atan(((Abs(((Y of (Position of (Picked unit))) - (Y of (Position of (Casting unit)))))) / (Abs(((X of (Position of (Picked unit))) - (X of (Position of (Casting unit)))))))))
              • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by (400.00 + (((Real((Level of Chill Nova for (Casting unit)))) - 1.00) x 25.00)) towards Chill_Nova_Unit_Degrees degrees)
            • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Y of (Position of (Picked unit))) Greater than (Y of (Position of (Casting unit)))
              • (X of (Position of (Picked unit))) Less than (X of (Position of (Casting unit)))
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Chill_Nova_Unit_Degrees = (Abs(((Atan(((Abs(((Y of (Position of (Picked unit))) - (Y of (Position of (Casting unit)))))) / (Abs(((X of (Position of (Picked unit))) - (X of (Position of (Casting unit))))))))) - 180.00)))
              • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by (400.00 + (((Real((Level of Chill Nova for (Casting unit)))) - 1.00) x 25.00)) towards Chill_Nova_Unit_Degrees degrees)
            • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Y of (Position of (Picked unit))) Less than (Y of (Position of (Casting unit)))
              • (X of (Position of (Picked unit))) Less than (X of (Position of (Casting unit)))
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Chill_Nova_Unit_Degrees = ((Atan(((Abs(((Y of (Position of (Picked unit))) - (Y of (Position of (Casting unit)))))) / (Abs(((X of (Position of (Picked unit))) - (X of (Position of (Casting unit))))))))) + 180.00)
            • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Y of (Position of (Picked unit))) Less than (Y of (Position of (Casting unit)))
              • (X of (Position of (Picked unit))) Greater than (X of (Position of (Casting unit)))
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Chill_Nova_Unit_Degrees = (Abs(((Atan(((Abs(((Y of (Position of (Picked unit))) - (Y of (Position of (Casting unit)))))) / (Abs(((X of (Position of (Picked unit))) - (X of (Position of (Casting unit))))))))) - 360.00)))
            • Else - Actions
That is a not so simple way around using a knockback trigger. If you want me to explain the variables presented and the rest of that crude mess just respond here again :)

Level 14
I recommend using Paladon's GUI Knockback System (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...7719/?prev=search=gui%20knockback&d=list&r=20)

I've used it extensively in my own map (see signature link) and it works very well, is smooth and professional. It's also nicely documented and easy to add to your own map, free of leaks and MUI (Multi-Unit Instanceable - in other words, lots of different knockbacks can happen at once and they'll all work fine).

Just download that file and read the triggers in the map. It's all very easily explained and simple to implement.

Status
Not open for further replies.