• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

KitaLock puzzle v1.06

The map is now OPEN SOURCE!

This map is very small but you will be surprised on how much time it will take to complete it!

There are 10 puzzle levels.
You cannot win this game because you lack patience.

Have fun!

You can suffer play alone or with friends (1-11 players)

+rep to anyone who completes this game and sends me the replay!

Updated to 1.06!
  • The puzzle has now a one hour time limit.
    • (Because I don't want to watch replays where people are idle for half an hour :p)
  • You can see how long you have been playing
    • Gold has been changed to Minutes (spent playing the game)
    • Lumber has been changed to Seconds
    • Try to beat the puzzle as fast as possible!
  • Some new aesthetic content
    • New model for the playable unit
    • New animated loading screen
  • Other minor changes
    • Food has been changed to Current Level / Max Level

Highscores (since v1.06)
Kill3rbeast - 8min 1sec
DisturbanceX - 20min 59sec
McNegro - 21min 49sec

xlyte - 29min 18sec
Just_Spectating - 37min 48sec

(Note: Kitabatake is NOT responsible for ANY brain damage/mental illness caused by this custom game. PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK! Thank you.)

Keywords:
Very annoying puzzle, 9 lock
Contents

KitaLock puzzle v1.06 (Map)

Reviews
14:13, 18th Jun 2008 Septimus: Good Point [+] No bug found [+] Good for those who like to solve puzzle Neutral Point [!] "Got enough brain ?" word seem to be insulting :grin: Bad Point [-] WARNING : THIS GAME IS FOR THOSE WHO...

Did this map cause brain damage to you?

• Total voters
Level 8
Level 7 should be possible to finish, just try harder!

can ya gimi a clue? :) i suppose nobody has been to final lvl right?

PS: this message will is not abt quote but i dun wan to mess up creating 2 comments

kryptosuper: i saved replay 1 time and i cant save 2nd.. can i send screenshot? i dun edit screenshot trust me kita ^^

@ kryptosuper

This game is makable... i have solutions for ALL levels and more colours than this game wants to have XD. Just try harder.

I can only suggest you to try to find the "system" of this, use maths. I would normally give you a hint now but i dont know if Kitabatake agree that.

tell me secretly :D :D :grin::grin::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
hey kitabatake, wat u said in F9 was really true afterall... running like headless chicken never helps and impatience can never pass this game.. i tried hosting at gaming software GGclient and most of them were leavers.. then only left superboyboy2 and me we tried solve lv 7 but i had to go so i cant finish it i reached lv 8 now ^^ btw i saw 1 error or maybe glitch, i run into portal but i dint get in but i tried 4th time then i got in i dunno why..

hey kitabatake, wat u said in F9 was really true afterall... running like headless chicken never helps and impatience can never pass this game.. i tried hosting at gaming software GGclient and most of them were leavers..
I can believe that. Most people that play this custom don't have enough patience, skill and determination so they leave

then only left superboyboy2 and me we tried solve lv 7 but i had to go so i cant finish it i reached lv 8 now ^^ btw i saw 1 error or maybe glitch, i run into portal but i dint get in but i tried 4th time then i got in i dunno why..
Hmmh a weird glitch indeed. I have never seen that happen myself.

Oh and the game is Updated to 1.04 version!
filesize is smaller and now the save/load glitch has been removed
...by making saving and loading impossible.

Oh and a couple of hints:
Level 1: Run it in a H shape
Level 2: Run it in a + shape several times

Level 14
There we go, after forgetting to save the replay, I tried again with the knowledge I got from the first one. It still took me an hour to beat a second time though :p
~Asomath
"World Editor Trainee"
P.S. I cant figure out how to get the replay to you >.>

Last edited:
Level 14
Yep it is an interesting game, but It seems my 8th grade math was smart enough to figure it out. Actually the first few levels were harder then the rest of the game. It got easier as I went on. And it got really easy when I figure out you only had to repeat a few moves for each level, just the amount of each move changed with level. However, it was fun ^_^ I guess I have a brain :D

~Asomath

Level 1
Wooooooo!

I did this with a friend and we beat all 10 levels.

I got through the first couple of levels with my friend the first time we played, but my friend couldn't see the colors, so we decided to remake when we reached level 6. So the replay attached is our second game, and we did the H and + hints as a shortcut to get back to where we left off. Spent a couple hours on this. Great puzzle.

Attachments

• LOL WE BEAT THIS PUZZLE RO.w3g
    385.2 KB · Views: 152
Yep it is an interesting game, but It seems my 8th grade math was smart enough to figure it out. Actually the first few levels were harder then the rest of the game. It got easier as I went on. And it got really easy when I figure out you only had to repeat a few moves for each level, just the amount of each move changed with level. However, it was fun ^_^ I guess I have a brain :D

~Asomath
I watched that replay and it was some style you got there!
+rep and congratulations!

Wooooooo!

I got through the first couple of levels with my friend the first time we played, but my friend couldn't see the colors, so we decided to remake when we reached level 6. So the replay attached is our second game, and we did the H and + hints as a shortcut to get back to where we left off. Spent a couple hours on this. Great puzzle.
Nice teamwork and dialog!
"Let's just break the damn thing" Hahah
+rep and congratulations!

Level 21
Wooooooo!

Where are you from? Romania?

Level 8
i cant go any further than lv 9 i'm stuck at it.... its really hard i dun even no how to solve it. it changes a lot colors i dun even remember the accordings of the colors. any1 pass lv 9 please tell me thanks :) btw i'm scared i try too hard and get sent to mental hospital

i cant go any further than lv 9 i'm stuck at it.... its really hard i dun even no how to solve it. it changes a lot colors i dun even remember the accordings of the colors. any1 pass lv 9 please tell me thanks :) btw i'm scared i try too hard and get sent to mental hospital
Just keep on trying! You've nearly completed the game!

Level 8
IT's UNBELIEVEABLE! i passed all lvls and i saved the replay. the next morning when i opened the com i thought 'WTF' my com is being formatted. i know u wouldn't believe cuz its ridiculous but its true.I think my bro did the formatting last night when he came from his other house.well its ok anyway nice game anyway its my luck... u can say i'm a liar or anything but this is the truth u dun believe it i dun force u to believe it.

Expected thoughts from people "i think he's crazy or i think he gone nuts."

Anyway kitabatake, nice puzzle u got there.... make harder one :D

Last edited:
Level 1
Great game! As I went on, I began to develop an algorithm that I realized could be used on every level, so the last few levels were a breeze for me! Although you probably don't want to spend time watching my replay, if you catch my drift. Overall 5/5. Fantastic!

Level 19
err how do you know that passing this is possible ?
Edit: Shitz /me tries to hides his post but gets spotted

I just beat the game. The first few levels were hardest. Then I started to count ;)

Congratulations and +rep!

Updated to 1.06!
  • The puzzle has now a one hour time limit.
    • (Because I don't want to watch replays where people are idle for half an hour :p)
  • You can see how long you have been playing
    • Gold has been changed to Minutes (spent playing the game)
    • Lumber has been changed to Seconds
    • Try to beat the puzzle as fast as possible!
  • Some new aesthetic content
    • New model for the playable unit
    • New animated loading screen
  • Other minor changes
    • Food has been changed to Current Level / Max Level

Last edited:
Level 1
Just made this account to say I beat it...
First time playing, I had to figure every thing out so I was stopped at level 8 but basically got to figure out the pattern.
The second time I played, I beat it.
I just used algorithm method and it wasn't too difficult.
Beat it in 21 minutes.
I made some little mistakes but now I think I could beat it under 15 minutes now.

Attachments

• Puzzle gg.w3g
    51.2 KB · Views: 105
I reached lvl 6 and can't go any further, although my friend passed it while I was afk :D
Just keep on trying!

Just made this account to say I beat it...
First time playing, I had to figure every thing out so I was stopped at level 8 but basically got to figure out the pattern.
The second time I played, I beat it.
I just used algorithm method and it wasn't too difficult.
Beat it in 21 minutes.
I made some little mistakes but now I think I could beat it under 15 minutes now.
Very nice!
Congratulations and +rep!

Hmm... maybe I should start making a highscore list...

The highscores are now listed on the map details and will be updated whenever I receive another replay.

Highscores (since v1.06)
Kill3rbeast8min 1sec
McNegro21min 49sec
- -
I will probably include the highscores in the actual map once I have at least 3 scores to display...

(Note: Only replays from map version 1.06 and up are qualified for the highscore listing)

Edit: Kill3rbeast has beaten the puzzle in 8 minutes and 1 second!

Congratulations and +rep for claiming the first position!

Level 3
First 2 lvls, i Checked the HWS for a bit help :D 3 lvl was kinda easy, 4 level went on random but 5, its so damn hard. (bwohohoh anti cheat)
Nice puzzle like it alot, like your other maps :)
5/5

Wohoo I've beaten your puzzle :grin:

kinda had to go around in circles
Oh damn. How did I not see your post earlier?
I can't watch the replay because it is made with the old version of wc3

Anyway, +rep and congratulations!
(I can't add you to the highscore list because I can't see the time from the replay)

First 2 lvls, i Checked the HWS for a bit help :D 3 lvl was kinda easy, 4 level went on random but 5, its so damn hard. (bwohohoh anti cheat)
Nice puzzle like it alot, like your other maps :)
5/5
Just keep on trying and you'll make it as well!

I ran out of time
got to lvl 9
imma sleep now its getting late
Ill try tomorrow, prepare to get Beat!

EDIT: Now i have done it!

Victory is mine!

Congratulations! 37min and 48sec!
You have claimed the 3rd place in the highscore list
+rep!

EDIT: UPDATE - OPEN SOURCE!

I'm currently having my first weekend holiday from the army and I decided to upload the unprotected version of this map before heading back to the barracks.

The map is now open source for anyone to edit and improve!

Last edited:
Level 2
Wow, I found an intriguing solution for level 2. Run diagonally from bottom left to top right across the squa- circles, then the top left, middle, and bottom right will all be green. From that point all you have to do is step twice on the bottom left and top right circles and POOF you're done.

Level 1
I made this account just to post i eat the crap out off your game : ) . I think my time was 8:31 i hope i find my way to the records with it : ).

Ow yeah, if you want a decent time it's best to think with maths. It's also usefull to use symmetrical solutions, you'll find it alot easier and you can still solve everything (as I've proven).

Good luck everyone.

Attachments

• smartassgame.w3g
    56.1 KB · Views: 92
Level 4
The first 2 levels are pretty easy, 3rd level is average difficulty, 4th level is hard, 5th level is very hard etc.. exponentially increasing difficulty level.

You must make all circles GREEN in order to pass the level

Have fun!

Oh and if you have played Aeroblyctos' campaign, you might have already seen the 3 first levels of this puzzle...

You really love Puzzle you even did it in The Chosen Ones
And I love it!!!:mwahaha::mwahaha: