• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The puzzles island

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
You are some crazy guys lost on an island. You will need to solve puzzles, avoid traps and search for items all around the map to complete the 15 levels and reach the end !

The game features various puzzles, some fun traps, and some research parts.
It's hard, and you probably won't do all the map in once.
However, to help you, player one can "-skip" two levels. Choose them carefully !

The game also has some useless jokes or reference.

The map is protected to prevent players to look inside the map everytime they are stucked on a level.
Duration : Around 2 hours

The map might have bugs, and even if i didn't see any, please tell me if you see one.

All the map and triggers have been done by Rangerdeath/Rangerdeaths.

Screens :

Update history :
-Fixed various bugs.
06/11 : Minor fixes.
06/13 : Minor fixes
06/13 2nd : Removed a crash error
06/18 : Fixed major things, added 3 more hidden items :p

Keywords:
Lost, Puzzles, Puzzle, Island, Maze, Research, Tricks, Solve, Reflexion, Traps
Contents

The puzzles island (Map)

Reviews
21:55, 1st Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 5
Yeah the map is taking the same "system" as "the impossible map".
However, it's really not the same levels/puzzle and so on. (Well the level 1/2 are really well known, else i think everything is more or less new.)

My name is Rangerdeaths here because i lost the mail adress of a "Rangerdeath" count i created or something like that. If needed, you could whisp "Rangerdeath" in game to verify.

Level 5
Oh really it crashed? Never happened before, what were you doing when it crashed?
Well i changed some triggers that should prevent that, even if i can't upload the map right now.
By the way, how far have you been in the map?^^

Edit : Uploaded a new version which should correct this crash and prevent another bug.

Last edited:
Level 4
If you want your map to be good puzzle map I would suggest you take out random death triggers. I attempted to play your map and at the very beginning I walk up the little cliff and die. Oh, apparently there was fire, where i cannot see. Great. Oh, how stupid of me, I should have known that if i go down far enough I can simply walk up the cliff?? How is that a puzzle at all? Also, I came to a room where there were two paths, one with torture traps, the other with people and children. I walk down the "safe" route and die instantly at the end. Oh silly me again, of course I was suppose to walk up the cliff and down the other side?? How at all is this a puzzle, it is more of a test-everything-I-can-think-of theory until I stop dying.
And yes, I say the child who's name was (I'm Evil) or whatever. But I walked near him and didn't die.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
How sad is to die if you revive 2 seconds later 3 feets ago? It's a way of game. That's not really important in my opinion, even if i can understand that you dislike.

"How at all is this a puzzle, it is more of a test-everything-I-can-think-of theory until I stop dying."
This is the 2 first levels, go to next levels to have "real" puzzles. I can't make something too hard for the beginning.

Level 12
Which levels did you skip? You should try to find these levels to have a skip left for the level 10 ^^
Level 10 is the hardest level probably.

oh hahaha, yeah I understood, I guess you have pointed the hint at quest log. "keep your skip for the hardest one" and so then this is really the hardest one and there is no way to pass it without skip. Did I get right?

I have skipped archmage vs. gatekeeper level (if I remember correctly, I have gave my items to gatekeeper and they have just disappeared, so I totally stuck at level)

and secondly, I guess I have skipped at 3rd or 4th level, there were strange things items, a market with 100 gold-100 wood teleport somewhere thing and there was a lever with several gates. I couldn't find anything and skipped.

thnx for the map, its the best puzzle map I've ever seen (it would be insult to call it a retard map, because it's way different and way better than them)

Level 5
The level 10 could be done without skip ^^
It's just that the solution is really new and nobody think about it. Moreover, it's a very very long level.

If everything works as intented, every item that you give to the gatekeeper are sent to the ground, so you can get them again.

Well the level with "?" isn't easy also, but it makes a sense^^
I think that if you play with enough players, they will find one of this levels.

"thnx for the map, its the best puzzle map I've ever seen (it would be insult to call it a retard map, because it's way different and way better than them)"

Last edited:
Level 1
My two friends and I played this map, really enjoyed it.

We got every single puzzle except the one with the 5 question marks and the lever, skipped that one.

In response to the level with the two paths, we actually thought it was a refreshing change since most games that have them will force you to pick one of two and you usually die at one. The crossing in the middle was creative :p.

There's one thing that one of my friends kept doing, don't know if you intended it to happen. On level 2, where you pass the room and can't reach the teleporters, there's that chicken you kill and get the strange note. If you wait long enough near the edge of the invisible barrier, the chicken will eventually walk over and you can kill it, letting you get to that room with the teleporters all over the place.

One more thing is that the level with the spinning blades, I would suggest making the HP of that last one the same as the others. I figured out that level really easily because I have the option that shows HP bars all the time. All the dangerous blades had long bars and the right one had this skinny little square so I figured something was up :p.

Anyway, my friends and I really enjoyed your map and we definitely are waiting for more puzzles :)

Level 5
My two friends and I played this map, really enjoyed it.

We got every single puzzle except the one with the 5 question marks and the lever, skipped that one.

In response to the level with the two paths, we actually thought it was a refreshing change since most games that have them will force you to pick one of two and you usually die at one. The crossing in the middle was creative :p.

There's one thing that one of my friends kept doing, don't know if you intended it to happen. On level 2, where you pass the room and can't reach the teleporters, there's that chicken you kill and get the strange note. If you wait long enough near the edge of the invisible barrier, the chicken will eventually walk over and you can kill it, letting you get to that room with the teleporters all over the place.

Anyway, my friends and I really enjoyed your map and we definitely are waiting for more puzzles :)
(from HarchNode)

Hi and thanks for your comment ^^
Well the part with the teleporter rooms isn't a bug really, as there is something to search in this new room, and it doesnt help you to do latter puzzles (well, at least in latest versions). The teleporters are in acces after the level 11 also.

Level 12
The level 10 could be done without skip ^^
It's just that the solution is really new and nobody think about it. Moreover, it's a very very long level.

If everything works as intented, every item that you give to the gatekeeper are sent to the ground, so you can get them again.

Well the level with "?" isn't easy also, but it makes a sense^^
I think that if you play with enough players, they will find one of this levels.

"thnx for the map, its the best puzzle map I've ever seen (it would be insult to call it a retard map, because it's way different and way better than them)"

lol, I was playing alone, I did went all the way through level 10 myself, I couldn't have found anything and at last given up in the end of that game, at 10th level. so close to the end. and also, I tried putting some gems to the golem but it didnt work and I couldn't took the spawned items back so close to him. Could you fix it? lol

lol and when I give items to gatekeeper (at the level with archmage), items did just disappeared, I couldn't see them on his inventory too. and I just couldn't find what to give him next, lol. And I got extremely curious about the 10th level.

Could you give some extra hints about level with ? items, archmage vs. gatekeeper level and 10th level? 10th level must be a real deal because you're saying its too long. The longest one (which almost was killing me cause of boredom) I've ever seen was just the level before 10th, lol.

Level 12
I almost beat level 10, but I can't find the 3rd key... can you please tell me where it is? All I see is invulnerable shades, nothing else D:

EDIT: Found the key, now I can't get past the 4th gate. Is the moon crystal of any use?

Last edited:
Level 12
The only thing that hints me here is 99. Must be part of the code. Idk the other 2 numbers :S

EDIT: I also can't figure out the unknown object thing. I even organized them like you did in the screenshot :p. I had like 7 of my friends try it they couldn't figre it out either. Also, what to do on 11?

Last edited:
Level 1
im trying to solve level 10 3 hours already, i think its a bug because i open the second and third doors... i even found the shade which is responsible for the first door but he is on a cliff and there is no possible way i can get there

Level 5
The 99 on the item you found isn't a hint. You just have to use it, and then somehow you have the answer (a 4 numbers answer).

Please nuuh, edit your "answer" or send him a private message, i would like not to give answer on this thread if possible.

Level 12
K sry, also level 14 glitches when skipped.

Speaking of bugs, the glave's shooting missiles.

Attachments

• Bug.png
    Bug.png
    2 MB · Views: 206
Level 3
Argh...Got stuck on level 12...WITH just 5 deaths. Could you tell me what to do there? I ran out of skips. The dirty hints part, what does it do? The C.N. jokes did not help at all! Anyways, good puzzle map. The chicken part and the part with the 5 question marks was fun. So little tooltips or hints though... 3/5!! Would be 6/5 if there are going to be enough hints and more fun puzzles added.

Level 3
well, I got claws of attack that does not work, and an useless joke, (thats good joke :D) but level 1 is still inpossible! I work with it 1h / day or more but cannot realize whats the matter of it
what does that hidden button thing do?
OMG I FINALLY GET IT!

Level 6
Obviously the 2 blanks are die and kill...
I just cant figure out what can kill me (besides "hugging" the door and clicking the mushroom, which wont get me to the next level)

Level 5
Uh, i though i had already corrected that. Well, looking for that again.

By the way, for every players that enjoyed the map, i'm currently working on another puzzles/solve map that i will release in something like one week. It won't be the same style, but i think it will be interesting.

Edit : Uh, i just tested it, i can't get the teleporter without the key. Are you sure you are playing on the latest version?
If you are playing on the latest version, tell me how you manage to see the teleporter through vision blocking o_O

Last edited: