• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kindergarten TD! v.3.0

I'm very happy to show all of you my Kindergarten TD!

For people who want to know something about this map before playing it, there's a small FAQ here:

What did you change?

This TD bases on the old Wintermaul maps but there's nearly nothing i didn't change:
°All towers (123) and races (10) etc.
°I remade the terrain and did heavy changes to the landscape.
°All special levels (11) were made by me.
°All map specials (e.g. builder teleport) were made by me.
°I improved the unit pathing and added a stuck-teleport.
°I added an XP system based on save/load codes.

What do i have to do?

°The sense of the map is to defend the kinna treehouse from the adults who want to know all your 40 secrets (lives).
°It's your mission to choose one of 10 unique races and beat the adults that try to reach the treehouse.
°Save your amount of XP and enable many features for you to play!

Who helped you to create this map?

°Basically this map is made by me, Dinah.
°Ap0calypse helped me translating the map.
°Some people of this map forum (and some friends of mine) who helped me improving the map and finding bugs.

What makes this map unique and a must have?

°Better looking terrain (Green flower style).
°A bank (or better comic) system with variable interest.
°Many special rounds like Invulnerable or Healer.
°Fixed unit stuck.
°2 Languages (German/English).
°Sounds.
°Funny descriptions of every tower.
°An XP system.
°A Money Devide Mode (for better Teamplay).
°Many other features.

Is this map protected?

Yes this map is protected and can't be opened in WE.

What is the sense of the XP system?

The XP system should motivate skilled players to play Kindergarten TD multiple times to earn advanced revards offering new strategies.

Which features can be enabled with higher XP amounts?

°100 XP -> Pro Races
°200 XP -> Instant Builder-Teleport
°300 XP -> Random Tower
°400 XP -> Book of Capers
And much more!

Changelog
Kiga now requires Warcraft 1.24 version.
Added new Game Mode "Perfection" (only 1 Secret; 125% XP).
Added new tower for Anime (Yu-Gi-Oh).
Added new upgrade for Electric Carusel (Murderous Carusel).
Added new tower for Gang (Assassin).
Added new tower for Library (Edward Cullen).
Added new XP tower to Cuddle Corner (Cuddle Den).
Added Waypoints to the positions of Red, Blue and Teal.
Added upgrade for Random Tower for 600 XP.
Added "-host x" command for Host to determine a new Host.
Added Random Race ability to the start kid (Choosing random race gives 15% extra startup gold).
Added "Adults Left" Bar to the multiboard.
Added new spell to "Book of Capers" (Emergency Landing; 1200 XP).
Rebalanced Bedwetting ability (Increased damage and AOE).
Rebalanced "Stuffed Mythological Creature's" anti air upgrade.
Replaced some tips.
Replaced loading screen image.
Reduced cooldown of "Catch" ability.
Removed Caster levels due to bugs (might be readded in future versions).
Improved "Move your ass"-Ability.
Improved unit pathing.
Fixed bug making the game stuck when Host leaves before Game options are choosen.
Fixed Whirlwind ability from slowing mechanically levels.
Fixed Whirlwind ability from Cyclone Bonus rounds.
Fixed "Stuffed Alpine Bear"-Upgrade and "Detective Conan" from not slowing as shown in tooltip.
Fixed rare bug showing up the wrong level in defeat dialog.
Fixed "-nameall" command.
Fixed wrong sell values on upgraded towers.
Fixed some memory leaks.
It's not possible to attack adults at greys spawn from yellow position anymore.
Sell ability now also can sell car workshop items.
"-sell"-command now will sell items, too.
When amount of adults is below 10% the remaining mobs will be marked on the minimap.
Bonus Rounds now have a 10% chance to spawn as red ones additionally offering an extra secret.
Library Autocast can now be set to "only Bonus".
Minor Changes.
Minor Bugfixes.

Please report bugs\etc. to me.

- Dinah -

Keywords:
td, tower defense, defense, maul, Kindergarten, tower, wintermaul, maul, Dinah, Kiga
Contents

Kindergarten TD! v.3.0 (Map)

Reviews
15:22, 14th June 2009, by Rui(#101): A tower defense translated in two languages. There is little else to distinguish it from other maps of the same type. Approved with a 2,5 out of 5 rating, 3 (Useful) approximately.
Level 8
Hmm ok but i already nerfed them a bit (changelog) ...
When you have better idea to survive level 27 without mass narutos/farting mashines or (another aa tower) it's a big advantage for you.
I guess the best strat is to build as many different aa towers as possible because of the specials of some of them.
for example:

°The Farting Mashine (Toggolino Club) has a low range but splash and slow!
°Naruto (Anime) has splash and a magic attack.
°Kung Fu Panda (Library) is not an anti air tower but has an aa ability decreasing the armor of a group of air units by 10!
°The Radio Antenna (Car Workshop) has a good damage and range.
°The comfortable Park Bench (Playground) has multiple attack (6 targets!) and bash!
°The Readinglamp (Library) has a slow but very strong chain-lightning-like ability

A mixture of these towers will bash every air unit back to hell. :D

Edit: >> The next version will bring you a new race but i don't want to spoil it ;) <<

Last edited:
Level 1
Finally, we beat v.2.4 on "Old Guy" :grin:
I think we won't try it on normal...

A bug we found: If a tower is build far away so that teleportation is necessary the tower isn't build completely.

Level 8
oh very cool to see that some1 reached the end of the map :thumbs_up:

i fixed that teleport bug yesterday (the action the builder wants to do is still interupted but the tower will build up properly)

i haven't much time so it will take a while untill you can get the next version (2.4b) but it'll bring many new features ...

i finaly finished my works for the moment
this new version actually is 2.5 because there are so many changes (=> Changelog)

i hope all of you enjoy playing my map and especially the new race i put a lot of effort in ;)

ps. love getting comments :D

Last edited:
Level 2
I played your map and noticed some bugs:

-I don't know how it happened but my friend suddenly said that his workshop got disappeared, he was on green slot and built his workshop on the mountain.

-When I deleted my first tower on that computer race, all of his upgrades dropped on the ground like items and I couldn't do anything (sell/pick/attack) to remove them.

-I was playing that computer race again that I noticed my game is a bit lagging, after 2-3 more waves, I couldn't scroll the map on my towers cause I could get heavy lag, my tower models would disappear and a huge graphical bug would appear on my screen (like a tornado of item chests and other colorful stuff!). I don't know if it's the fixed heavy bug with -give y x command you mentioned cause I used that command several times to give money to my friend.

Suggestions:

-The grey position seems too hard to defend... I mean we always leak on the easy difficulty cause the grey position can't kill his creeps on the first 3-4 waves... The only race that could kill his creeps had those "faceless model" towers.

-The races need a bit more balancing.

-Not really important but can you make the changelog in the first post hidden, cause it needs too much scrolling to reach the dl link ^^

Level 8
ok at fist thanks for playing Kiga TD and especialy for giving a comment.:thumbs_up:

I don't know how it happened but my friend suddenly said that his workshop got disappeared, he was on green slot and built his workshop on the mountain.

hmm never heard about this ...
I personally always build on the side borders and never got problems with it.
Maybe he sold his main building or the host (grey) killed it with his Admin Tower?

When I deleted my first tower on that computer race, all of his upgrades dropped on the ground like items and I couldn't do anything (sell/pick/attack) to remove them.

This should be no problem because these items are removed immediately.
(There is a trigger removing them every second)

I was playing that computer race again that I noticed my game is a bit lagging, after 2-3 more waves, I couldn't scroll the map on my towers cause I could get heavy lag, my tower models would disappear and a huge graphical bug would appear on my screen (like a tornado of item chests and other colorful stuff!). I don't know if it's the fixed heavy bug with -give y x command you mentioned cause I used that command several times to give money to my friend.

I know about this bug:
-occours fist in level 6-9
-only occours with the "Computer"-Race
-lasts untill the rest of the game
-makes towers and "adults" invisible
Unfortunately I have nearly no idea how to solve this :confused:.
Perhaps its because of the special effect wich is given to the towers when upgrading them. I guess i'll add an ability instead (-> Next version).
The "Heavy Bug" with "-give x y" has nothing to do with this bug but I'll not say what it was to prevent enormous bugusing.

The grey position seems too hard to defend... I mean we always leak on the easy difficulty cause the grey position can't kill his creeps on the first 3-4 waves... The only race that could kill his creeps had those "faceless model" towers.

Grey is probably the hardest position in game (e.g. because it has no waypoint) but in the case that the players know how to play in team it's not a major problem, i guess.
I played this map so numerous times now and in my opinion grey is well balanced (If you don't think so, please give more arguments to make me change something).

The races need a bit more balancing.

I have no idea why you think that the races are badly balanced ...
90% of the towers are balanced by the following formula:
Money*Attackspeed*(0.9+(Damage-Modifiers))=Damage
Damage-Modifiers are e.g.:
-Damage type
-Range
-Anti Air
the rest of the towers has an ability or something

Not really important but can you make the changelog in the first post hidden, cause it needs too much scrolling to reach the dl link ^^

Hmm thanks but ...
Do you know how to "hide" this text?

Last edited:
Level 9
there are few bugs
1 when bonus units is stuck we must build towers at places where the unit go and must wait the unit to be killed
2 bonus units are only for down players (they got upper players leaked units + bonus) kinda stupid for me
3 i was the host but i don't get anything to choose and when 1 player left game say host left now host is ....
4 remove trigger that detect host and make bonus units to be spown at random region at normal spawns

this map is maybe your first map otherwise you need to read more at forums how to make thing better and please translate it to english this is 21 senctuary man it's time to enter in ............:spell_breaker:

Level 2
This should be no problem because these items are removed immediately.
(There is a trigger removing them every second)

Well... This didn't happen when I played v2.4, maybe it's fixed in higher versions.

I played this map so numerous times now and in my opinion grey is well balanced (If you don't think so, please give more arguments to make me change something).

IMO someone should survive the first 2-3 waves in the grey position with any race and with basic mazing skill on the easy difficulty(you can't build anything special in the first waves anyway...).

I have no idea why you think that the races are badly balanced ...

They aren't badly balanced, but some races are just stronger than the others. Like the machine race seems a lot harder to play (I know it's pro race) but other races are easier. This way people will mostly play the easy races instead of playing the pro races unless they get something special out of them if they learn playing them.

Hmm thanks but ...
Do you know how to "hide" this text?

If you reply the topic not using the quick reply button, you can use the "Hidden" function. Just use
Text[ /HIDDEN]
Like:

There's another bug I want to mention! The Library race needs more accurate auto casting system. It waits around 0.5-1sec to cast another spell and sometimes the target gets out of range while the spell is getting cast and this will interrupt the spell casting. If you manually cast the spells, you can avoid the delay and hence attacking faster while avoiding interruption.

Not only an example! Read it =P

Last edited:
Level 8
when bonus units is stuck we must build towers at places where the unit go and must wait the unit to be killed

fixed in 2.5d

bonus units are only for down players (they got upper players leaked units + bonus) kinda stupid for me

yes i already thought about that but I don't like random spawn for Bonus rounds. Any suggestions?

i was the host but i don't get anything to choose and when 1 player left game say host left now host is ....

Grey always is host in the beginning

remove trigger that detect host and make bonus units to be spown at random region at normal spawns

Like I said before: Grey is always host and not the actual game host.

this map is maybe your first map otherwise you need to read more at forums how to make thing better and please translate it to english this is 21 senctuary man it's time to enter in ............

lol ... no this is NOT my first map and it IS translated into english (thanks to ap0calypse).
Maybe there are some minor thinks being not translated e.g. the units themselves having german names but this is not one of the most important things in the game.
What do you mean with "read more at forums how to make thing better"? I know how do things better but I'm a human and to do mistake is a part of human being.
When you find a bug (including spelling errors or grammar mistakes!!) say it and i can fix it.
When you have a suggestion then say it and I'll think about adding it.

Well... This didn't happen when I played v2.4, maybe it's fixed in higher versions.

But the Gamershed race was added in 2.5!!

IMO someone should survive the first 2-3 waves in the grey position with any race and with basic mazing skill on the easy difficulty(you can't build anything special in the first waves anyway...).

I agree with you in this point. I will nerf them a bit ot something ...

They aren't badly balanced, but some races are just stronger than the others. Like the machine race seems a lot harder to play (I know it's pro race) but other races are easier. This way people will mostly play the easy races instead of playing the pro races unless they get something special out of them if they learn playing them.

The pro races are harder to play but in my opinion they are very interesting.
-The Workshop is completely different from the other races and I realy like this unique way of killing creeps. Additionally the weapons have some nice differnces (e.g. the Marvel ability of the New Paint).
-In my opinion the Library is the most intersting race in the game and you can use so many strategies with this very powerfull race.

Yes of course many people prefer playing easy reces but i guess they just never got the taste of these races ;)

If you reply the topic not using the quick reply button, you can use the "Hidden" function. Just use
Text[ /HIDDEN]
Like:

There's another bug I want to mention! The Library race needs more accurate auto casting system. It waits around 0.5-1sec to cast another spell and sometimes the target gets out of range while the spell is getting casted and this will interrupt the spell casting. If you manually cast the spells, you can avoid the delay and hence attacking faster and avoiding interruption.

Not only an example! Read it =P

In my opinion its easyer not to hide i small answer to someones Comment.

The other bug:
I gonna fix that in next version ...

What did I do wrong with the hidding function in the map desciption?
Look yourself.

Level 2
Dinah said:
But the Gamershed race was added in 2.5!!

Lol... xD Then I'm wrong about the version... But it didn't get removed on the version I played so I just built my mazes around them =P

Dinah said:
The pro races are harder to play but in my opinion they are very interesting.
-The Workshop is completely different from the other races and I realy like this unique way of killing creeps. Additionally the weapons have some nice differnces (e.g. the Marvel ability of the New Paint).

Yeah, I liked them too! (Especially the Workshop race) but I haven't figured out a way yet to optimize it's dmg.

Dinah said:
What did I do wrong with the hidding function in the map desciption?
Look yourself.

I typed a space in the hidden command I posted for you, so it won't get triggered and you can see the code =P. But it seems that you used that space, so your command didn't get activated. Just change the last part to [/HIDDEN] to work.

-Btw look at the title of your map:

Kindergarten TD! v.2.5d
by Dinah; translation by ao0calypse [Dinah]

I guess you should change the translator name to ap0calypse.

-Download Firefox3! It's free and it has spell check wherever you type. You have some spelling errors in your posts and in the change log =P

EDIT: I changed your first post, added colors, fixed grammatical and spelling errors and added the "HIDDEN" function. It's attached to this post. You can replace it with the current first post if you want =D

Attachments

• First Post_ Kindergarten TD.txt
    11.4 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Level 2
Can you make the builders use the undead summoning theme?! So you don't have to wait for each tower to finish before building another tower.

Level 8
I only wanted to test the save/load codes in this version ...

In future versions I'll add some rewards for the amount of XP a player has (I thought of only enable the builder teleport with some XP points for example)

Don't be sad but I guess this code wont work anymore when I make some changes e.g. reducing the given XP per round (and I will change something :p).

I'm looking forward to seeing somebody reaching the end because I put some effort in it (But I don't want to spoil it :p).

Edit: I'd like to make something out of the wood bar ... I thought about some points a player gets from time to time wich allow him to get tomporary Bonus or something like that. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Level 2
Suggestion: When someone loads his XP, he'll get some lumber depending on the amount of XP he saved. You can add 1-2 upgradeable towers for each builder that require lumber to get built.

Level 2
You can make the waves harder so that the game is possible with lumber towers (no need to be "very strong"er than the average towers, but they should be better). Still the game should be possible with normal towers but that will require skillful players.

Level 8
hmm I thing i'll make it a bit different:
1. There will be some Towers needing a certain amount of XP instead of wood.
2. You receive wood by ... doing something (not depending on the XP) and you can open a dialog having all the psiibilities what you can do with your wood in it (e.g. casting an ability slowing all 'adults' or giving a temporary 10% attack bonus to all you towers).

Level 2
lol... You're dealing with tons of special codes to make this map, yet you can't handle this simple forum codes. xD

Edit: As far as I can see, the color codes are changed. So that [COLOR=&quot;White&quot;] TEXT [/color] is now [COLOR="color name"] TEXT [/Color], just copy-paste your post in word and use "Find and Replace" to change the color codes.
e.g. Find: [COLOR=&quot;White&quot;] Replace with:

Level 8
lol... You're dealing with tons of special codes to make this map, yet you can't handle this simple forum codes. xD

Yes, you're right xD

As far as I can see, the color codes are changed. So that [COLOR=&quot;White&quot;] TEXT [/color] is now [COLOR="color name"] TEXT [/color], just copy-paste your post in word and use "Find and Replace" to change the color codes.
e.g. Find: [COLOR=&quot;White&quot;] Replace with:

ok fixed these codes :)

Edit:
I'd like to add some Rewards for your amount of XP in the next version. I thought to make the Builder Teleport and the Pro Races depending on your XP. But I'm looking for some more. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Level 2
Hello Dinah

First of all i want to say thanks for your great map. Below are some of my suggestions and questions.

1. How can i remove items which drop when we sell tower of "six items race".

2. Could you please add some kind of "focus target" skill for builder. Mean that we do not to manual target click sometimes. It will be great for killing bonus green ghost.

3. Do you think that will be better if we have some "regret" time for re-pick the races.

4. Do you think that will be better for some special events such as:

+ Most killed units player in turn
+ Storm (slow or haste creep), acid rain ( lower armor), prayer ( stronger tower or creep), special units (randomly happen in each turn which power of this creep depend on waves level) etc...

I will be back soon as i have more ideas :grin:

PLT

Level 8
Hi phamlongtuan,

First of all i'd like to thank you for playing my map and giving a coment.

1. How can i remove items which drop when we sell tower of "six items race".

I this was posted some time ago and it's still the same answer:
There is a trigger removing all these items every second.

Code:
kill items
    Ereignisse
        Zeit - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    Bedingungen
    Aktionen
        Gegenstand - Pick every item in (Playable map area) and do (Actions)
            Schleifen - Aktionen
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    'IF'-Bedingungen
                        ((Picked item) is owned) Gleich False
                        Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                            Bedingungen
                                (Item-class of (Picked item)) Gleich Kampagne
                                (Item-class of (Picked item)) Gleich Verschiedenes
                    'THEN'-Aktionen
                        Gegenstand - Remove (Picked item)
                    'ELSE'-Aktionen
I never had problems with that but maybe it only occours in english versions?

2. Could you please add some kind of "focus target" skill for builder. Mean that we do not to manual target click sometimes. It will be great for killing bonus green ghost.

This could be a bit tricky to initialize but actually it not a bad idea ... perhaps i'll look for something like that.

3. Do you think that will be better if we have some "regret" time for re-pick the races.

Good idea, will be added when i have some time.

4. Do you think that will be better for some special events such as:

+ Most killed units player in turn
+ Storm (slow or haste creep), acid rain ( lower armor), prayer ( stronger tower or creep), special units (randomly happen in each turn which power of this creep depend on waves level) etc...

I love special events and stuff like that because it's makes a map as unique as mine :D so yes of course i like them.
I already thought about adding a description saying which player has the most kills, the highest comic amount and things like that.
The second ... like i said some time ago: I'd like to make something out of the wood bar. Maybe every player gets some wood (of course i'll call it different, e.g. points, ...) every level which can be used for starting special efffects like you said.

I will be back soon as i have more ideas :grin:

Great, I'm looking forward to it :D.

Dinah

Level 28
Hey, I just dled the new version... looks pretty good ^^
Too bad I can't play with the car workshop race in SP anymore xD

I like the loading bar and the bar in the multiboard and ofc the XP-system.
You've changed a lot and you're doing great ^^

I don't have much time to write any ideas, so just keep doing what you think is good :)

Level 22
look alike

I don't know where you got the idea or w/e but this map is pretty similar to Shopping Maul. It has very many stuff that "looks" like stuff from Shopping Maul.

Anyway great map, hard to play for us maul geeks :) but still haven't played 2.7 yet. Also many people that plays this for the first time feel it kind of hard for beginners but anyway gj!

Level 8
Hey :D

I don't know where you got the idea or w/e but this map is pretty similar to Shopping Maul. It has very many stuff that "looks" like stuff from Shopping Maul.

Well, I heard some people saying that before but actually I've hardly played Shopping Maul yet. It's a well made map and probably one of the best TD's/Mauls.
I guess you think of the bank system, the XP system when talking about the "stuff" and i can understand what you mean but these "features" are used in a lot of other maps as well (e.g. Artifact TD). I never wanted to copy anything from Shoppingmaul (or other maps) and I allways like to make this map unique and a must have :D.

Anyway great map, hard to play for us maul geeks :) but still haven't played 2.7 yet. Also many people that plays this for the first time feel it kind of hard for beginners but anyway gj!

So now I want to thank you for playing Kiga TD and especially for giving a comment ;). Some people may think that this map is damn hard and yes i think they are right :p but actually i've just completed Kiga a few minutes ago on normal dif playing with a friend :D. This is the fist time that i get till the end in a version above 2.0 so I'm very happy :).
(I've attached the replay to this post so you can see how we made it ;)

Edit: I think I'll add a "Hall of Fame" with all people getting untill the end of the map ;).
Edit: Done! Just send me a replay of the game and I'll add other persons, too!

Attachments

• KIGA TD 2.7 Replay.w3g
    209.1 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Level 22
hey, chill out, all the mauls are based on the winter and it's nothing wrong with wintermaul terrain with some "flowers" as in the description :)

Also I think you're wrong because this map isnt like any other map I've seen with the towers, the triggers you can argue alot with but still ...

Level 8
All the mauls are the fucking same nothing changes except that stupid names Bad :thumbs_down:
All the mauls are the fucking same Try to do something more creative!

Hey man you seem to have no idea of making maps and the efford some people (like me) put in a high quality map. If you don't like it, don't play it and leave the numerous guy's liking this map alone.
This is just annother ignorant comment of an ignorant user!:thumbs_down:

hey, chill out, all the mauls are based on the winter and it's nothing wrong with wintermaul terrain with some "flowers" as in the description :)

:thumbs_up:

Also I think you're wrong because this map isnt like any other map I've seen with the towers, the triggers you can argue alot with but still ...

still what? :p

Level 28
Hey, still a great map ^^
Ignore -LwO-EdGaRd, I know how hard it is to be creative and how hard it is to realise your idea (if you have an idea, it's not always possible to use it in the map :p).
I quit editing my map and I'm going to make it an open source file, I hope some people will have the courage to edit it and keep giving me credit :)

Here are some "original" ideas for your map (they're just ideas and maybe someone else used it, but then I've never seen it):
- A hero-builder, who can build special towers at certain levels. (I've used this in my TD, but I quit working on that too...)
You can make every builder a hero-builder, or make the hero-builder a special race (with the xp you loaded), or w/e

- You can add a special effect on the builder when you have more xp (e.g.: lightning shield with 50xp, rejuvenation with 100xp, immolation with 200xp)
This doesn't affect the gameplay, but it might look nice and isn't hard to create :D

Non-original idea (I think):
Make a lottery where you can win towers, gold, choose a new race, items, or nothing at all...
=> this probably has already been used, though I don't know for sure whether I've seen it before

that's all ^^
Thanks for working on the map, I know how hard it is, I've been there and I quit...

Level 22
Make a lottery where you can win towers, gold, choose a new race, items, or nothing at all...
=> this probably has already been used, though I don't know for sure whether I've seen it before

rofl lottery is a piece of cake to make, make a spell, then when player 1casting set player1boolean true if brown / computers food equal to 0, or number of units in playable map owned by brown equal to 0 then pick random number 1 to 10, below or equal to 1 then set integer (different number) add "integer" to player 1 gold :)

Still not original idea, used this my self, exists in ryoko td for an example but winning towers?! never seen

If you maze there they can hit a region and skip the dot, hard to explain, can you send me a pm with your mail so I can send the replay?

Last edited:
Level 28
rofl lottery is a piece of cake to make, make a spell, then when player 1casting set player1boolean true if brown / computers food equal to 0, or number of units in playable map owned by brown equal to 0 then pick random number 1 to 10, below or equal to 1 then set integer (different number) add "integer" to player 1 gold :)

And when did I say it was hard to make? :) and I've said it wasn't an original idea, though and I have played ryoko TD I don't recall the lottery (I'm sorry)...
You can add some original rewards, though...

And yes, win towers... if you create inventory slots for the builder (which is extremely easy), just make it an item.
You only have to make about 10-20 items (only the cheaper towers) and put the item in the inventory of the builder...

But it's just an idea...

Level 8
Hey :)
thanks for having annother look at kiga :thumbs_up:!

So here my point of view of your ideas:

A hero-builder, who can build special towers at certain levels. You can make every builder a hero-builder, or make the hero-builder a special race (with the xp you loaded), or w/e

You can add a special effect on the builder when you have more xp (e.g.: lightning shield with 50xp, rejuvenation with 100xp, immolation with 200xp)
This doesn't affect the gameplay, but it might look nice and isn't hard to create :D

Ehm I guess you think of a builder like the one in Skibies Castle TD? Well, the Idea is great but there aren't so many abilitys that are usefull in a TD so it would be very hard to add different abilitys to every race builder.
(10 races x 2-3 abilitys = 20-30 abilitys :/)
Besides this would heavily simplify the gameplay.
I thought of adding a spellbook to every builder (the same for every race) getting more and more spells with a higher XP amount (e.g. a magicleash-like one with 100 XP or Heavy aoe stun spell with 200, ...)

In my opinion it's not that non-original as you said but actually i have annother idea of it:
Maybe you could be able to build a Random Tower wich cost ~50 (or 100 w/e) gold and wich morphs into a random special tower being a bit stronger (10%) than standart towers.

Found some kind of bug wp bug, maybe not huge but very disturbing at pink and greens spawn, there is a dot where the spawn walks first and it's like a dot with a labyrint

If you maze there they can hit a region and skip the dot, hard to explain, can you send me a pm with your mail so I can send the replay?

Yes I can ;D!

And yes, win towers... if you create inventory slots for the builder (which is extremely easy), just make it an item.
You only have to make about 10-20 items (only the cheaper towers) and put the item in the inventory of the builder...

This may seem to be very easy but there is a big problem:
The Car Workshop builder already has an Inventory but he mussn't be able to use items because you could put your weapons into it's inventory and they could fire :D. Furthermore this is not necessary.

Thanks for having fun by playing kiga xD

Dinah

Level 28
I have a request for your map :)
Add a command to give control of towers in your area, but from another person to you, please :)
I was paying with 4 players, we had only lost 6 secrets at level 26, but then "Rapti" (a player) built towers to block our maze, he said it was "to help us".

Result:
the creeps teleported over my maze and I couldn't do anything about it, changing the maze was too difficult and would take too much time, selling a tower so the creeps could go through wasn't an option either.
Rapti left and we lost...

We probably would have won if he didn't do that, or if we had such a command.
Thanks anyway, don't abandon your map like I did with mine ^^

Level 8
Hey,
Thanks for annother time you have played Kiga :)
I thought of making a comment destroying all towers in your area but this seems quite better ;)
this Player "Rapti" ... which position was he on?
I ask this because the Host (Player 9; grey) is allowed to kick people and sell towers of every Player in order to shut those idiots down. When he kicks him he can even devide the towers so everyone can decide wheather a tower should be sold or not.

Its extremely annoying if somebody makes stupid things only in order to destroy a game but if the host uses his "power" he can ban those idiots to rescue the game ;)
Please don't understand me wrong ... I never want to abandon the map or something like that but I have so much things to do so i can't work for a new version very often.
Actually the next version is not that far away ;)

PS: I'd like to add some custom things to the map (like the loading bar) so does anybody know what else i can change?

Level 28
Rapti was purple, but we were playing without grey.
Normally, me and my friend wanted to play alone (pink and green), but 2 other players joined and I didn't want to spoil their fun, so I let them play.
You might add a banlist-trigger, so "Rapti" can never play this game again... it serves him well
I forgot to say 1 more thing about him: just before he left, he called us "motha fakkas" and some other stuff I can't remember (all about our family I think...)

A custom user interface requires a lot of work, but may look really nice.
Custom cursor, special effects, another minimap.
Of course you don't need to change all of this, that would be a lot of work...
I can understand that you can't work on the map a lot, at least you keep working on your map - which is really good.

Level 8
Okay, this player Rapti seems to be one typical idiot wanting to destroy games like yours, however i decided not to add a "banlist trigger" because i'm not a fan of those bans.

The next version should have some things that make the game more interesting for players who have often played Kiga so they may discover something new :D
I want to add some game modes the host can choose from when the game starts.
These modes can be harder to beat because i could offer some extra xp for them.
The custom user interface would be great too but I'm not very skilled in Photoshop and I would take too much time at the moment.

Edit: I have a translation request because in this case no Web-Translator could help me.

"Um einen Zufallsturm würfeln

Würfelspiele sind sehr beliebt bei Kinnas und mit ihnen werden sehr viele Entscheidungsfragen gelößt. In diesem Fall entscheidet der Würfel welchen Turm ihr bekommt."

The problem is the verb "würfeln" and the word "Würfelspiele". "Würfeln" means that you throw dices and "Würfelspiele" are games in wich you play with dices. I just need the correct Translation of this.

Edit2: No need of this translation anymore.

Last edited:
Level 1
Hi Dinah!

KiGa TD is a really great map, and its amazing, how many people know it.

It host this map really often, all slots are full fast, and often I have 3-4 people > 100 XP (and its pure random).

But one big thing, which makes me crazy (ger: und zur Verzweiflung treibt):
The map seems to cause a complete wc3.exe-Crash in high levels. Today, my warcraft crashes:
1. at lvl 28
2. at lvl 31
3. at lvl 32

arrrgggg ... in teenager-mode ... arrgg ... sooo many XP :((

Every player in the map had the same crash. And on another game, one player had a wc3-crash (but not me as host).

Because I never have crashes on other maps, and other people have crashing-problems on KiGaTD, too ... i thing, the map (2.8b) could have a bug?!

Edit: Today again. Green left von lvl 22. Pink left von lvl 24. Both whispered me a minute later, that there warcraft-game crashed :(

Last edited:
Level 8
Hey
I'm so sorry that I didn't reply earlyer but since the map was rejected on this site I thought nobody would give annother comment to it.

Ono more time I'd like to thank you for playing and especially hosting kiga :)

Many people told me about Wc3 errors when playing Kiga and this seems to be very strange because it occurs randomly :(

Don't think that I stopped working on Kiga but on this site I can't release new versions anymore :/

Level 1

I visited this site, because its "linked" in the map multiple times (and i was wondering, that I only found a hidden thread in this forum).

Is there any new website and/or forum for KiGaTD?

Attachments

• Zuschneiden_9-2.png
    Zuschneiden_9-2.png
    924 KB · Views: 236
Level 1
In the last days, I host and play version 2.7, which seems to be bugfree :)

btw: In the meantime, I know some more people with > 1000 XP :D

edit: Same issue in 2.7. Is crashing, too.

Last edited:
Level 1
hmm ... in my hosted games, there are always a few people with crashed wc3.

hmm. When I host myself (and building on grey), i rarely get a error. When I join a foreign game (usually not grey, then), I often get the error.

btw: Which filesize has your original 2.8b ?

Edit:
Crash while hosting, screen attached (17.03.)
Edit2: again (18.03.). While the first 18 levels, 7 players left without any announce, I whispered everyone who left, and no one of them was logged-in.

Attachments

• Zuschneiden_3.png
    Zuschneiden_3.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Level 8
Damn :/
These errors are very mysterious ...
What exactly do you mean with original?
The unprotected file or the protected one?
I don't have the unprotected file of 2.8b but it should be ~498 kb in size
The protected one has 261 kb

Level 1
I asked in Bnet last game ... The People with 300-500 xp said that they had one error in about 50 games and I whould say the same :/
Hm. When I asked, nearly everyone confirms this :cry:

Attachments

• Kiga-crash-frage.jpg
    Kiga-crash-frage.jpg
    790.4 KB · Views: 408
Level 1
First: I really love this map. Just played it through two times in 1 1/2 hours ^^
I've played it about... 20 times? And I don't remember any crash.

I hope you will continue to improve this map because it is really fun. Maybe more random towers would be great or new features for people with really high experience.

Keep up the great work :D