• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pandaria's TD 3.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Map Type
This map is a type of Tower Defence and Maul...
NOTE - The game must be Full House

Story Line
A Land called Pandaria is under siege!. Many has fail to defend it. Many has Suffered to Defend the lands of pandaria. Town Folks has started to evacuate the lands and move on to another country, While the Soldiers of Pandaria defends the lands.
Pandaren.jpg

Elemental Builder Files

The Earth Builder can create (Basic earth model, Earth model, Advanced earth model, Ultima Earth Tower.

----------------------------------
Basic fire model, Fire model, Advanced Fire Model, Ultima Fire tower

----------------------------------

Basic storm model, Storm model, Advanced storm model, Ultima storm tower

Code:
Trainee - If you are new to the game and dont know how to play well
1. Pick a Earth builder
2. Create 4 basic earth model
3. Upgrade them to Siege Tank
4. Create another 2
5. Upgrade them to level 2.

[highlight]I Hope you have fun[/code]

Keywords:
TD, Defence, Maul, Pandaria TD, FrostScythe
Contents

Pandaria's TD 3.0 (Map)

Reviews
00:04, 23rd Jan 2011 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 28
The description really looks good enough ^^
Well, there's not much information, but I guess this works like any regular TD.

Before playing the game: remove the music, seriously. This is not a request, it's a demand.

My thoughts when playing the game:
Hm, the loading screen has too many flashy colors. You could greatly improve it if you don't use too much capital letters and change the colors to something smooth.
The start-message seems to have the same problem as the loading screen text. Looks really horrible actually, I believe an orange color for "Warning:" and then lowercase letters would've been a far better option.

Although the loading screen and your description told me to go for the Earth builder, I think random suits me better.
Randomized the fire builder, looks decent... upgrading for some splash towers now.
First wave: oh, wow... must be an ancient system this guy uses: unused player slots still get their spawns. That's what he meant with "must be full house" - that's quite outrageous these days.
A system that disables the spawns of unused/left player slots is standard and really not hard to create, but I'll accept that... for now.
Okay, I lost this one (obviously), now I'm going to cheat a bit and edit the map so I can have it my way.

Hmh, by adding and setting up 2 variables I succesfully disabled the spawns for unused players (took me what, 5 minutes? Literally).
And I actually removed the memory leaks while doing so, isn't that great? :D

Let's retry that...
I randomed fire last time, so I'll just manually pick fire to recreate the last situation (but good this time).
Started out with a maxed wisp, a regular wisp and an infernal to reach 0 gold.
As last time, there is no timer to indicate when a wave starts, you only see these suicide thingies going into a circle of power - which isn't exactly my idea of telling someone when a wave starts.
Well, first wave was easy, that's to be expected of course.
Wow, the second wave starts immediately? Probably reacts to all units being dead, still a pretty fast spawn which is in my disadvantage.
God, ugrades take so extremely long...
An upgraded infernal's immolation doesn't increase? :| Sucks... still, normal attacks could come in pretty useful.
Mehh, not that much tower choice - I need 70g for the next tier (and then probably another 50g to actually build a tower or so).

Okay, I checked the object data now - apparently the Fiery Wisp only has a full damage AoE (the other AoE damages are still standard, which is 0% of the total damage, meaning it doesn't deal damage whatsoever).
Mehh, a 50 AoE isn't that good - takes care of air with ease though.

Waves are getting stronger, this isn't a solo-game, definitely.
Screw that, I'm going to use cheats to check the rest of the game.

Hm, interesting... you can get other buildings later on + a sort of 'final builder'.
Let's check that one.
Not really that much difference. Well, it's better of course.
Ultima tower seems nice, 600DPS for 300g, which is 2DPS per gold (and that with a 1500 range) - not bad at all in comparison to the standard units (0.6DPS per gold with an 800 range).
No reason not to build it, a combination of this tower and Doom Guards (which are mainly to take out air units).
The slow missile speed is annoying though (the last missile is always wasted, sometimes even 2 missiles).

Well, I guess I've got enough for now - nothing interesting is going to happen either way.

In short:
  • Remove the music.
  • Terrain doesn't look too bad for a regular TD.
  • Low tower choice (basically you can always choose between 3 different towers, since you can just discard the lower tier).
  • It is indeed full house-only, which is very bad: a game must be flexible with a different amount of players. Getting full house on b.net is pretty hard.
  • AoE hasn't been set correctly (only the full damage amount works, the medium/small amounts will result in 0% damage).
  • The triggers leak :|
  • The trigger category "Tower gold" made me sad.
  • Build/upgrade time is too long.
  • Wave-timer is very primitive (could be a good idea though, but you need more for that).

This is really a primitive TD.
The systems are all outdated and - although they 'work' - do not provide a good gameplay.
Because of the lack of tower choice (as said before: 3 towers to choose from at all times), there's not much to do either.

I've seen and played enough games like this, I don't think there's a need for this anytime soon.