1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Seek unity between the elements in the 22nd Terraining Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Seize the moment! The 18th Mini Mapping Contest has commenced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Kindergarten TD! v.3.0

Submitted by Dinah
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
I'm very happy to show all of you my Kindergarten TD!

For people who want to know something about this map before playing it, there's a small FAQ here:

Frequently Asked Questions
What did you change?

This TD bases on the old Wintermaul maps but there's nearly nothing i didn't change:
°All towers (123) and races (10) etc.
°I remade the terrain and did heavy changes to the landscape.
°All special levels (11) were made by me.
°All map specials (e.g. builder teleport) were made by me.
°I improved the unit pathing and added a stuck-teleport.
°I added an XP system based on save/load codes.

What do i have to do?

°The sense of the map is to defend the kinna treehouse from the adults who want to know all your 40 secrets (lives).
°It's your mission to choose one of 10 unique races and beat the adults that try to reach the treehouse.
°Save your amount of XP and enable many features for you to play!

Who helped you to create this map?

°Basically this map is made by me, Dinah.
°Ap0calypse helped me translating the map.
°Some people of this map forum (and some friends of mine) who helped me improving the map and finding bugs.

What makes this map unique and a must have?

°Better looking terrain (Green flower style).
°A bank (or better comic) system with variable interest.
°Many special rounds like Invulnerable or Healer.
°Fixed unit stuck.
°2 Languages (German/English).
°Sounds.
°Funny descriptions of every tower.
°An XP system.
°A Money Devide Mode (for better Teamplay).
°Many other features.

Is this map protected?

Yes this map is protected and can't be opened in WE.

What is the sense of the XP system?

The XP system should motivate skilled players to play Kindergarten TD multiple times to earn advanced revards offering new strategies.

Which features can be enabled with higher XP amounts?

°100 XP -> Pro Races
°200 XP -> Instant Builder-Teleport
°300 XP -> Random Tower
°400 XP -> Book of Capers
And much more!​

Changelog

Kiga now requires Warcraft 1.24 version.
Added new Game Mode "Perfection" (only 1 Secret; 125% XP).
Added new tower for Anime (Yu-Gi-Oh).
Added new upgrade for Electric Carusel (Murderous Carusel).
Added new tower for Gang (Assassin).
Added new tower for Library (Edward Cullen).
Added new XP tower to Cuddle Corner (Cuddle Den).
Added Waypoints to the positions of Red, Blue and Teal.
Added upgrade for Random Tower for 600 XP.
Added "-host x" command for Host to determine a new Host.
Added Random Race ability to the start kid (Choosing random race gives 15% extra startup gold).
Added "Adults Left" Bar to the multiboard.
Added new spell to "Book of Capers" (Emergency Landing; 1200 XP).
Rebalanced Bedwetting ability (Increased damage and AOE).
Rebalanced "Stuffed Mythological Creature's" anti air upgrade.
Replaced some tips.
Replaced loading screen image.
Reduced cooldown of "Catch" ability.
Removed Caster levels due to bugs (might be readded in future versions).
Improved "Move your ass"-Ability.
Improved unit pathing.
Fixed bug making the game stuck when Host leaves before Game options are choosen.
Fixed Whirlwind ability from slowing mechanically levels.
Fixed Whirlwind ability from Cyclone Bonus rounds.
Fixed "Stuffed Alpine Bear"-Upgrade and "Detective Conan" from not slowing as shown in tooltip.
Fixed rare bug showing up the wrong level in defeat dialog.
Fixed "-nameall" command.
Fixed wrong sell values on upgraded towers.
Fixed some memory leaks.
It's not possible to attack adults at greys spawn from yellow position anymore.
Sell ability now also can sell car workshop items.
"-sell"-command now will sell items, too.
When amount of adults is below 10% the remaining mobs will be marked on the minimap.
Bonus Rounds now have a 10% chance to spawn as red ones additionally offering an extra secret.
Library Autocast can now be set to "only Bonus".
Minor Changes.
Minor Bugfixes.​

Please report bugs\etc. to me.

- Dinah -

Keywords:
td, tower defense, defense, maul, Kindergarten, tower, wintermaul, maul, Dinah, Kiga
Contents

Kindergarten TD! v.3.0 (Map)

Reviews
15:22, 14th June 2009, by Rui(#101): A tower defense translated in two languages. There is little else to distinguish it from other maps of the same type. Approved with a 2,5 out of 5 rating, 3 (Useful) approximately.
  1. Dinah

Dinah

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    oh sry i forgot to answer you ;)

yes when there are fewer players the amount of creeps will decrease (even when someone leaves)
    but i added it only in order to make the mobs not stuck

i noticed that some people ratet this map realy bad (2/5 or 3/5) and realy don't like this development ...

i just want everybody rating this map give a reason for his (positive or negative) rating

2. Lord Amaclon

Lord Amaclon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ah, nice to hear that there is scaling - I didn't even try to count the creeps...

I cannot see any reason why some should give a bad rating. ATM I cannot vote because of the 10 day limit - but a soon as I am able to vote I'll give 5/5, of course!

3. Dinah

Dinah

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    thank you for the feedback :thumbs_up:

4. Lord Amaclon

Lord Amaclon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi

This time we lost one of our players due to a unstable wifi connection :angry:
    That's why our maze got several holes and we were out of secrets within a few seconds...
    Can you implement a functions which distributes all towers and money among the remaining players? It's already implemented in "Geldteilen TD" if you want to have a look.

P.s.: W'll give give it another try end of next week.

5. Dinah

Dinah

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ehm ... i already thought about that.

i think the best solution is that the host can decide whether the towers of a leaver will be sold or devided under the other players.

Edit:
    @Lord Amadon, knolli & friends
    I want to thank you all for playing my map and giving such a constructive criticism :thumbs_up:
    i noticed that lvl 27 has middle armor so it only gets only 75% damage by piercing and magic (eg. Naruto's) attacks so i decided to set the armor to light (140% by piercing; 125% by magic). I also reduced the life of these lvl 27 "beast's" by 350.
    @Squiggy
    Big thanks for the offer but i've done so many dialogs for annother map that it doesn't take a long time to make it myself
    @Rui
    it's still the same rating as before :eekani: (3.25) (4 votes)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  6. knolli

knolli

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was one of Lord Amaclons companions yesterday. First of all I'd like to say that I, too, like your map very much.

After yesterdays LAN-party I tried the map in single player using money cheats just to check how much air defense is actually needed. All I can say is: 12 Narutos per site is not enough to beat lvl 27! All Air-Waves before needed 4 Narutos maximum. How tough are these beasts in lvl 27?!?:razz:
    At the very end of their way I had build 7 (!!!) Kindergärten and several (about two dozen) "2fache Supersayajins" and Hypnos and the creeps nearly survived that. All other Waves didn't even reach the second turn of the labyrinth.

What I want to say with this is: Please check the balancing of the last air-wave. these creeps are way to strong.

7. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You may not double-post in less than 48 hours. I have also removed Templarion's rating (1 - Unacceptable) for not providing an explanation.
    ~Comments Cleaned

8. Lord Amaclon

Lord Amaclon

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is not necessary. I did some single-player-money-cheat research myself and found a strategy to survive level 27. But I don't want to spoil the party, so I won't post it here. :razz:

P.s.: Finally, I figured this mysterious car workshop "bug" out: I simply didn't know that it is possible to set the item output to a tower directly.

9. Dinah

Dinah

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmm ok but i already nerfed them a bit (changelog) ...
    When you have better idea to survive level 27 without mass narutos/farting mashines or (another aa tower) it's a big advantage for you.
    I guess the best strat is to build as many different aa towers as possible because of the specials of some of them.
    for example:

°The Farting Mashine (Toggolino Club) has a low range but splash and slow!
    °Naruto (Anime) has splash and a magic attack.
    °Kung Fu Panda (Library) is not an anti air tower but has an aa ability decreasing the armor of a group of air units by 10!
    °The Radio Antenna (Car Workshop) has a good damage and range.
    °The comfortable Park Bench (Playground) has multiple attack (6 targets!) and bash!
    °The Readinglamp (Library) has a slow but very strong chain-lightning-like ability

A mixture of these towers will bash every air unit back to hell. :D

Edit: >> The next version will bring you a new race but i don't want to spoil it ;) <<

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  10. Lord Amaclon

Lord Amaclon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Finally, we beat v.2.4 on "Old Guy" :grin:
    I think we won't try it on normal...

A bug we found: If a tower is build far away so that teleportation is necessary the tower isn't build completely.

11. Dinah

Dinah

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    oh very cool to see that some1 reached the end of the map :thumbs_up:

i fixed that teleport bug yesterday (the action the builder wants to do is still interupted but the tower will build up properly)

i haven't much time so it will take a while untill you can get the next version (2.4b) but it'll bring many new features ...

i finaly finished my works for the moment
    this new version actually is 2.5 because there are so many changes (=> Changelog)

i hope all of you enjoy playing my map and especially the new race i put a lot of effort in ;)

ps. love getting comments :D

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  12. Synix

Synix

Resources:
    Resources:
    I played your map and noticed some bugs:

-I don't know how it happened but my friend suddenly said that his workshop got disappeared, he was on green slot and built his workshop on the mountain.

-When I deleted my first tower on that computer race, all of his upgrades dropped on the ground like items and I couldn't do anything (sell/pick/attack) to remove them.

-I was playing that computer race again that I noticed my game is a bit lagging, after 2-3 more waves, I couldn't scroll the map on my towers cause I could get heavy lag, my tower models would disappear and a huge graphical bug would appear on my screen (like a tornado of item chests and other colorful stuff!). I don't know if it's the fixed heavy bug with -give y x command you mentioned cause I used that command several times to give money to my friend.

Suggestions:

-The grey position seems too hard to defend... I mean we always leak on the easy difficulty cause the grey position can't kill his creeps on the first 3-4 waves... The only race that could kill his creeps had those "faceless model" towers.

-The races need a bit more balancing.

-Not really important but can you make the changelog in the first post hidden, cause it needs too much scrolling to reach the dl link ^^

13. Dinah

Dinah

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ok at fist thanks for playing Kiga TD and especialy for giving a comment.:thumbs_up:

hmm never heard about this ...
    I personally always build on the side borders and never got problems with it.
    Maybe he sold his main building or the host (grey) killed it with his Admin Tower?

This should be no problem because these items are removed immediately.
    (There is a trigger removing them every second)

I know about this bug:
    -occours fist in level 6-9
    -only occours with the "Computer"-Race
    -lasts untill the rest of the game
    -makes towers and "adults" invisible
    Unfortunately I have nearly no idea how to solve this :confused:.
    Perhaps its because of the special effect wich is given to the towers when upgrading them. I guess i'll add an ability instead (-> Next version).
    The "Heavy Bug" with "-give x y" has nothing to do with this bug but I'll not say what it was to prevent enormous bugusing.

Grey is probably the hardest position in game (e.g. because it has no waypoint) but in the case that the players know how to play in team it's not a major problem, i guess.
    I played this map so numerous times now and in my opinion grey is well balanced (If you don't think so, please give more arguments to make me change something).

I have no idea why you think that the races are badly balanced ...
    90% of the towers are balanced by the following formula:
    Money*Attackspeed*(0.9+(Damage-Modifiers))=Damage
    Damage-Modifiers are e.g.:
    -Damage type
    -Range
    -Anti Air
    the rest of the towers has an ability or something

Hmm thanks but ...
    Do you know how to "hide" this text?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  14. onix_noob

onix_noob

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    there are few bugs
    1 when bonus units is stuck we must build towers at places where the unit go and must wait the unit to be killed
    2 bonus units are only for down players (they got upper players leaked units + bonus) kinda stupid for me
    3 i was the host but i don't get anything to choose and when 1 player left game say host left now host is ....
    4 remove trigger that detect host and make bonus units to be spown at random region at normal spawns

this map is maybe your first map otherwise you need to read more at forums how to make thing better and please translate it to english this is 21 senctuary man it's time to enter in ............:spell_breaker:

15. Synix

Synix

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well... This didn't happen when I played v2.4, maybe it's fixed in higher versions.

IMO someone should survive the first 2-3 waves in the grey position with any race and with basic mazing skill on the easy difficulty(you can't build anything special in the first waves anyway...).

They aren't badly balanced, but some races are just stronger than the others. Like the machine race seems a lot harder to play (I know it's pro race) but other races are easier. This way people will mostly play the easy races instead of playing the pro races unless they get something special out of them if they learn playing them.

If you reply the topic not using the quick reply button, you can use the "Hidden" function. Just use
    Title
    Text[ /HIDDEN]
    Like:

Another Bug
    There's another bug I want to mention! The Library race needs more accurate auto casting system. It waits around 0.5-1sec to cast another spell and sometimes the target gets out of range while the spell is getting cast and this will interrupt the spell casting. If you manually cast the spells, you can avoid the delay and hence attacking faster while avoiding interruption.

Not only an example! Read it =P

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  16. Dinah

Dinah

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    fixed in 2.5d

yes i already thought about that but I don't like random spawn for Bonus rounds. Any suggestions?

Grey always is host in the beginning

Like I said before: Grey is always host and not the actual game host.

lol ... no this is NOT my first map and it IS translated into english (thanks to ap0calypse).
    Maybe there are some minor thinks being not translated e.g. the units themselves having german names but this is not one of the most important things in the game.
    What do you mean with "read more at forums how to make thing better"? I know how do things better but I'm a human and to do mistake is a part of human being.
    When you find a bug (including spelling errors or grammar mistakes!!) say it and i can fix it.
    When you have a suggestion then say it and I'll think about adding it.

But the Gamershed race was added in 2.5!!

I agree with you in this point. I will nerf them a bit ot something ...

The pro races are harder to play but in my opinion they are very interesting.
    -The Workshop is completely different from the other races and I realy like this unique way of killing creeps. Additionally the weapons have some nice differnces (e.g. the Marvel ability of the New Paint).
    -In my opinion the Library is the most intersting race in the game and you can use so many strategies with this very powerfull race.

Yes of course many people prefer playing easy reces but i guess they just never got the taste of these races ;)

Title

In my opinion its easyer not to hide i small answer to someones Comment.

The other bug:
    I gonna fix that in next version ...

What did I do wrong with the hidding function in the map desciption?
    Look yourself.

17. Synix

Synix

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol... xD Then I'm wrong about the version... But it didn't get removed on the version I played so I just built my mazes around them =P

Yeah, I liked them too! (Especially the Workshop race) but I haven't figured out a way yet to optimize it's dmg.

I typed a space in the hidden command I posted for you, so it won't get triggered and you can see the code =P. But it seems that you used that space, so your command didn't get activated. Just change the last part to [/HIDDEN] to work.

-Btw look at the title of your map:

Kindergarten TD! v.2.5d
    by Dinah; translation by ao0calypse [Dinah]

I guess you should change the translator name to ap0calypse.

-Download Firefox3! It's free and it has spell check wherever you type. You have some spelling errors in your posts and in the change log =P

EDIT: I changed your first post, added colors, fixed grammatical and spelling errors and added the "HIDDEN" function. It's attached to this post. You can replace it with the current first post if you want =D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  18. Synix

Synix

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can you make the builders use the undead summoning theme?! So you don't have to wait for each tower to finish before building another tower.

19. Dinah

Dinah

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Added the undead summoning theme to the builders in next version.

2.6 will bring an XP system based on Save/Load codes!!

20. Synix

Synix

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice job there! But what's the use of that save/load system? =P