• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Killing Zone - Empires at War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
OK, I was inspired by some series for this type of game.
There are three empires. Each Player can join any of this Empires(or forces). Nothing strange. The Empires will have their own types of heroes: The first will be with Agility one, second - Intelligence, and third - Streght.
However, I have some unique (or atleast unique for me) ideas.
1.Spell learning
There will be a special recource gained from killing... "Expirience"(maybe I'll change the name later). The Expirience is used to buy spells, which go into the spell books. You have two spell books, so this means that the maximum amount of spells will be 16. Spells cost mana. To learn a spell you go to a trainer. I'm planning (if I ever begin this map) many types of trainers. You cannot learn from other Empires' trainers, but you can always use the Neutral one.
2.Enchasters
OK, this has been seen in other maps, many other maps (DotA and AE for example). There are merchants that are making magics on you, it's like buying books. However, I'm thinking about something like this: You go to the Speed Magician and buy a magic called "Speed Aura". This increases your movement speed and the movement speed of the friendly units around you, for a minute. Or buy Attack Bonus and you'll have +30 Attack for 10 minutes.
3.Crafters
There are hidden places in the forests, which contain some ingrediants: Iron, Wood, Gold. You can sell them, but you can also go to a crafter to make you an weapon for example. However, they can also make Iron Golems if you give them Iron, or Ballistas, if you give them wood and Iron.
4.Soulstealing
When you kill an hero, you gain a special recource called "Soul" (again a stupid name:sad:) This Recource is used to summon Undead units, the most powerful ingame, or to research special techologies, or to learn neromancer magics. I think that this is the most cool part, because many people (in DotA, for example), are afraid of fighting with other heroes and preffer Creeping or killing the supporting units. Without killing heroes, you'll just can't use many ingame feautures.
5.You and your Castle
Your Castle is the place where you are in rest. You first start only with a keep, but later with upgrading it you can build more buildings. I'm also planning a very interesting way of building buildings. You just buy a building and summon it somewhere in your castle. However, you can't build outside your castle walls.
Upgrading your castle will also allow some abilitie upgrades on it. From Footman frenzy came te idea for the pocket factory abilitie to be used on your keep, for example. However, this is not Footman Frenzy, so only if you upgrade your keep to a Workshop, it will spawn mechanical soldiers (no other types of soldiers will be spawned due the food factor). If you upgrade it to an achemy laboratory, your keep will give you gold every second.
6.Food
To have food you first need to build a farm. Then, you train pigs in the farm. Pigs give you food.
7.Good/Bad
This is the last idea: when you uprade your keep, you'll be able to choose in what way - good or bad. Both will have their bonuses on you and your keep.

Please suggest anything.

Level 14
I don't know if I'll continue this idea due the coplex factor. You see, I am still a noob. If somebody liked the idea, he may try to make this map. Also, I'm making another map now... not so complex, ofcourse! I'll take some ideas from here...
Maybe in the future I'll do it!

Level 5
I don't know if I'll continue this idea due the coplex factor. You see, I am still a noob. If somebody liked the idea, he may try to make this map.
This is a complete copout! I don't have the skills for my map, know what I do? acquire them as I edit, or contract someone to make what I can't do.

Also, I'm making another map now... not so complex, ofcourse! I'll take some ideas from here...
Maybe in the future I'll do it!
This is acceptable. You shouldn't start a map until you abandon/finish all your previous ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.