• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[vJASS] Killing Destructable without showing death animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I was wondering if there is a way to kill a destructable without showing its death animation.

I'm talking about the Elevator destructables that increase in height when they 'die'. I want the height to be increased instantly and not slowly done by an animation.

Any idea's?

ABM

ABM

Level 7
if it was to kill really the destructable, i would have suggested the remove destructable.
but what you want is to alter the death animation speed...
so is it possible to do so in the editor like for unit...checking...no only unit death animation time can be customized...

so the only thing you can do is:
remove alive destructable elevator
create a dead destructable elevator at same position

you can use 2 destructables
1 for alive (only alive variation)
1 for dead (only dead variation)

Level 19
Hmm i suppose this isnt a good option for me because i will have to do this for like 100 destructables at the same time which might cause issues for the players watching them...
But I'll try it out anyway. Thanks!

Level 23
he most likely only wants to kill it because he mentions elevators and not remove it so removing it from game it is not viable option for him

maybe someone can alter you elevator so it has your desired dead animation and this should be possible, like those chests in Dota are just chests with birth animation the same as stand so when you buy item and it drops to the ground it wont show its open anim.

Level 19
Well.
I'm using destructables in my map that are placed on top of eachother.
The brown ones are moveable, the green, red, yellow and orange ones are there just for their colors because they show the player possibilities on the game board. (Since it's some sort of a 2d turn based game)

In the video I just made you see what I did with the destructables. I heighten/lower them. However, because some of the colors are hidden for me while I do so, they don't show their animation.
For some reason they show their animation as soon as I can see them again.
So when I order my unit to move somewere or do anything that changes the square's colors, they suddenly play their birth/death animation again.

This gives some odd results as you can see.

So I'm trying to find a way to let these destructables do their animation before I can see them, or not do their animation at all... However... The visible square's SHOULD show their animation... And that's the hard part.;-)

Here's the video to show you what I mean: (it might still be processing)

(ARGH annoying facebook sounds on the background!!!)

Level 19
As soon as I have more time I will play a bit with those functions.
Didn't think of Set elevator height, however my feeling says it will display the animation.
Animation speed might be the solution though.
I'll update this post after I had time to try things again!

Level 19
Have you tried these?
Animation - Change destructible animation speed
Animation - Play detructible animation
Destructible - Set elevator height

Tried them out.

If I check at the function that controls Set Elevator Height it basically orders the elevator to display a given animation so it's the same as using animations.
I found a way that works decent by setting the animation speed to 1000. however I still see a small flash. I mean, it's very fast but not instant.
Is there a way to instantly set animations?

The play destructable animation doesnt work out. I have to kill/revive the destructable while giving it an increased animation speed.
So is it possible to get that 'animation speed' to instant?

Status
Not open for further replies.