• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Kill the King!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Just looking for opinions, suggestions, and maybe a triggerer, if anyone's interested.

Kill the King!

The story, (very) short version: Two countries are at war, and the king in one of them has decided it'd be a good idea to kill the other king.

Information/gameplay:
The map is set in medieval time, meaning no lasers or rockets flying around.
Gunpowder may be an option, but I haven't decided on it yet.

There's 3 parts to the map, outside the walls, inside the walls, and inside the castle. There will be several ways to advance to the next part, and several ways to kill the king.
  • Outside the walls, players will have only one challenge, which is to get inside the walls. You do however have to prepare yourself for the mission, as you may need certain things to escape situations, or use certain objects.
  • Inside the walls is where you'll start having to think more about where you're going. You will have several ways to enter the castle, and each of them gives different pros and cons, in both reaching them, and what they lead to.
  • Inside the castle there are guards, traps, secret passageways and locked doors that you'll have to deal with. In addition, the king is not meant to be stationary, but will move around, giving you an even harder time accomplishing your task.

Specific things I'd like opinions on:
  • Does it sound like a fun idea?
  • Should there be gunpowder?
  • How many players should there be?
  • What should happen if you die?

Level 3
Specific things I'd like opinions on:
Does it sound like a fun idea?
Should there be gunpowder?
How many players should there be?
What should happen if you die?

:thumbs_up::fp:it souds quit fun but also very hard . you will however need spawning points for new units and different heroes. and you will need to make a special al computer to follow enemies but give up after time and return to their position and in case sacrifice their life for the king.

but no gunpowder because if you make that it will mean you could easily destroy walls and kill people so better no.i believe there have to be 6-10 players.and if you die your mates will need to bring him back to the start where will have a longer time in which you need to hold this place which will then be assualted by the defenders.

these ideas are good
. plz.
:mwahaha:

Last edited:
Level 6
Ok I tell you how I think I would done it...
It should be for 4 players so 2v2
The units will have wind walk /Stealth
Some of the king guards should have stealth detection so the player have to try to avoid them or so
Player at the start can chose their weapon range or normal if they chose range the king will have more hp if they chose normal the king will have less hp for the balance.
This maybe helped you if not....

Status
Not open for further replies.