• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Kill boost??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Can i make so when i make my boost tower
so when you kill a unit you gain 5+ in atk??
and if i can so how?

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
OMG u gonna need alot of upgrades so forget it man !!!!!!!!! But i will tell anyway >>

First u need to give the tower upgrade abilities +5 +10 + 15 +20 so u create like 10000000 ugrades and when u finish a unit is killed by tower ext....... Research upgrade 1 ( +5 ) again a unit is killed by ..... Research upgrade 2 ( +10 ) it's very hard !!!

OMG u gonna need alot of upgrades so forget it man !!!!!!!!! But i will tell anyway >>

First u need to give the tower upgrade abilities +5 +10 + 15 +20 so u create like 10000000 ugrades and when u finish a unit is killed by tower ext....... Research upgrade 1 ( +5 ) again a unit is killed by ..... Research upgrade 2 ( +10 ) it's very hard !!!

Lol ._.
Isn't it muuuuuch easier to use several levels?

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
Well u can Replace by abilities, but still it's the same concept, A unit dies by tower ext.... Add abilitie upgrade 1 ( +5 ) Then Remove Abilitie Upgrade 2 ( +0 ) :p it's the ...

I have an idea maybe u should put a limit, like max is ( +30 damage ) this should work with u, u can add then only 5 abilitie or upgrades :p

Level 5
this trigger i think on look like that
a unit finish the construson
con
(owner of the(triggering unit) equal to boost tower
aticons
Turn trigger trigger 1 on

trigger 1
events
a unit dies
con
If the owner of the(killing unit) is equp to player 12
actions
something there do add 5+ atk to all unit of owner of who have killing the unit
understand?

edit: not the owner but unit type

Last edited:

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
It's the same concept also !
U have to create many abilities !

Abilitie 1 >or> Upgrade 1 : (+5)
Abilitie 2 >or> Upgrade 2 : (+10)
Abilitie 3 >or> Upgrade 3 : (+15)
Abilitie 4 >or> Upgrade 4 : (+20)
Abilitie 5 >or> Upgrade 5 : (+25)
Ext......
So each time a unit dies >>>> u have to >>>> Add abilitie 1 >or> Upgrade 1 .....
a unit dies again with the same killing unit then ,,, if unit have Abilitie >or> Upgrade 1 Then Add Abilitie 2 >or> Upgrade 2 ,,, then remove Abilitie 1 >or> Upgrade 1 ...

SAME IDEA OR TRIGERING OR CONCEPT !!!!

Level 19
some wrong content

You know Item Damage (or attack ?) Bonus +5 item ability
If you add this to same unit 2 times it will have +10 bonus
What makes it stack ? Stats - Item Ability = True > Stacks

And this is just an info use Captain Griffen's way

There are no Damage Tome by default (as I remember) but there is its ability which works like Manual of Health but increases damage instead of HP
should be something like Item Permanent Damage Bonus (I really dont remember)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Damage tomes work, Although adding them can be demanding for high prime numbers but generally its the best way and for low numbers will not even make you skip a frame. I have tried it out and it did work in my nature spell.

You do have to design an efficent system wherby from an integer it can use multiple tome abilitys to set your damage, as adding 1 per tome will do it but will lag if you enter values like 1000+.

If you only ever add 5 damage per kill thou, that is easy as you simply make one that adds 5 damage and add it to the killing unit every time a unit dies owned by your creeps.

Level 6
This may sound stupid....
But clone a hero unit, make them unable to move, turn hero icons off, then make the primary attribute agility, give the unit +5 tome of agility everytime it kills something... This way triggering simple, only 1 ability needed and it can go on forever (also, the tower will slowly gain attack speed from the agility)
You could make it so that it gains +1 strength every kill aswell, making it tougher over time :mwahaha:

Level 5
but will i so dont need to make all my
towers to hereos and again make them
to towers again like Lord_BoNes said?

Level 19
they dont need to be heroes
they just need hero inventory

Unit - Add Inventory (Hero) to Tower
Give it Tomes
Unit - Remove Inventory (Hero) from Tower

Level 5
okey i have try something and i hope this help
**** i gonna to give must rep!
how sould the trigger look
p.s i love the video in your sigatur need_02

Last edited:
Level 19
Look I'll just sort everything up here in easy way

Attack Speed Bonus:
Modify Item Attack Speed bonus to minimum value you will use (like %10 for example)
Add it to a unit multiple times to get attack speed increased (if you add 1 times it has %10, 2 times %20 etc)

Damage Bonus:
Way 1: You can use same way with Attack Speed Bonus but you'll use Item Attack Bonus instead (bonus will appears as +damage)
Way 2: Make damage tomes and give them Item Permanent Damage Bonus ability
Unit - Add Inventory (Hero) to Unit
Give it Tomes
Unit - Remove Inventory (Hero) from Unit
(Bonus will be added to base damage so no + thing)

These are things everyone can do just dont take the weird ways like upgrades or something

Level 19
you cant be serius
all item abilities stack...
WTF
It even works in BX-blabla (Diablo II type inventory system)
how does it get the attack speed bonus then ?
Edit: Lol actually all bonus systems use this way anyway I hate to test it

Level 19
No no
Look take an item ability and add it 2 times (yes same ability) and unit will get twice bonus from it
this only works for Item Abilities

Level 19
ARGGHHH !!!!
I dont get it
Im currently checking to see how a Bonus System does that (I couldnt find it alone so Im checking it from a Inventory system)
Its like it adds Item Attack Bonus +5, makes it permanent and adds another one.... but I cant make it working

Someone please check the AAA inventory system and tell me how its done ....

Last edited:
Level 5
okey
but i dont know about this is me there have not understand that
but the idea sound like that
"Also make that a tower gains +1 damage and +1% attack speed with every kill up to a maximum of 200 or 256 (based on the system you use)"
can that helps or have i understand that?

Status
Not open for further replies.