• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability that increases max health and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So I wanted to make a ability that provides life steal, restores maxium whenever it kills a enemy units and also increases maxium health then.

The part I need help with is the maxium health increase (preferly without giving health tome).

Hopefully even with a text on the ability there I can se the total health given. The health will also have to be boosted dephended on ability level and also saved whenever you level the ability up.

So you kill a unit, you gain 5*level increased maxium health (example number) and then it adds up in the ability text "total health given". You choose to increase the abilities level and the "total health given" is saved.

Level 15
Here is a system in vJass: [System] Bonus Mod & SetUnitMaxState
It uses a trick to change the maximum life/mana of unit.
I can provide a Jass version if you prefer it.

Regarding the text:

The only possibility to have a changing number in an ability description is by giving the ability different levels with different descriptions. You could create an extra passive ability that displays the bonus health. But this is not that nice because you would need an ability with many levels.

An alternative would be to have an item on the hero, that represents the bonus health by the remaining charges.
There are not that much possiblities to display dynamic data in the UI.

Last edited:
Level 11
So I wanted to make a ability that provides life steal, restores maxium whenever it kills a enemy units and also increases maxium health then.

The part I need help with is the maxium health increase (preferly without giving health tome).

Here is the lifesteal system and trigger which increases max health and mana.

Attachments

• LIFEDRAIN.w3x
    24.3 KB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.