• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing Unit Max health via Triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hey all, I want to be able to change the maximum health of a unit entirely by use of triggers.

I know this is possible as an AoS style map known as Eve of the Apocalypse: Twilight has a hero called the Forlorn Martyr. This hero is able to create Wards which have a maximum health equal to 2 x the strength of the hero.

Obviously, he has not used the item ability with multiple ranks to increase the health of the Ward, as there are quite simply hundreds of thousands of possible values for the health of this Ward.

So what I'm asking is: How do you change the maximum health of a unit by way of triggers and NOT max health increasing abilities?

Or perhaps, the max health increase ability only gives 1 HP and is added X amount of times?

Status
Not open for further replies.