• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

KB3D - Knock back 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Oh, I thought it was one of those weird jass things again. I remember Nestharus saying >= is slower than >,<,=. Weird eh?

Is the code updated already?

Level 22
@Malhorne:
Malhorne: ahaha!
Game Message: Protoss Carrier has arrived.
Malhorne: Where are you taking me?
Zeratul: Dunno...
Malhorne: Crap, don't take me to the protoss asylum! Please!
Zeratul: Who said anything about the asylum? We're going to the Zerg canned goods factory.
Malhorne: Oh. Lemme get my stuff.

*Bump + Plug-In suggestion*
Can you make a function that when enabled and one of all units in a group goes towards some land with much higher height than his current loc, he gets KB'd making it feel like it's too high to reach?

The KB power would also be constant.

MMORPG pathing emulator style. :3

Easy way to get rid of pathing blockers.

Level 22
@Wrathion; you see dude, Jad doesn't like plugins, that's why I stopped suggesting plugins to him...

Veto isn't the appropriate word here, since you only do what you want to do... more like a military decision...

Level 16
i didn't treat it like a plugin..
there is such thing as KB_Bounce_Unit and making the feature you are suggesting is the same, just that it only triggers when the height is higher (so mainly the reported lag.. will.. ya know.. be more harmful)

Level 16
Negative Z offset value doesn't work with KB3D, by this i mean that if you want to decrease the unit's height, KB3D isn't the system to use -- + KB3D doesn't allow height changes that go under the default height of the unit

And i have an idea...
Stop the plug-in ideas IN KB3D... And why not make them individuals... Meaning uploading it as template for KB3D ... More or less extensions..

Level 16
example:

Unit has 250 fly height
usually you were only able to apply positive Z (fly upward)
now, if iKB is enabled, negative Z is possible, so the unit will go down instead of up

it is also intelligent, so if the Z is lower than the unit's height, the Z will change to suit the height of the unit

in the example:
Unit height = 250
Z chosen = -500

Z taken by KB3D = -250

Level 22
Does that mean it can be target-able by ground melee units if the fly height is less than 100? I mean a fly height of 100 seems (aesthetically) target-able by ground melee units.

Level 16
(aesthetically), yes it can be

BUT, in the WE, there is a line in the OE, where you see in the unit: "Targeted as" it can be set to ground, flyer, ancient or whatsoever, so for a unit to attack flying units, it doesn't depend on the target unit's height

Thought this can be triggered (order the unit to stop when attacking a unit with high height, and he can target both air and ground target)

Status
Not open for further replies.