• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

POLL: HINDYhat vs redscores

Which was the best spell?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Vote for your favorite submission! This poll will close officially in 10 days.
YOU MAY NOT VOTE FOR YOURSELF, REDSCORES!
Reviews concerning your allocated vote are highly encouraged!
If any vote is made against the site rules, it will be ignored.

The theme of this challenge was to create an elemental spell, with configurable levels.

Download Fulmination here : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27325&stc=1&d=1208810719
HINDYhat's submission said:

FULMINATION
detonate.gif

The hero explodes into 12 controllable and invulnerable water particles. After a certain time, each particle moves to a medium point and reforms the concerned hero.

Level 1 - Explodes at 400 units per second. Lasts 4 seconds.
Level 2 - Explodes at 550 units per second. Lasts 4.5 seconds.
Level 3 - Explodes at 700 units per second. Lasts 5 seconds.

EDIT: REMEMBER to adjust mana cost and cooldown to your needs. I left them null here for testing reasons!

IMPORTANT : This spell requires JassNewGenPack for vJass syntax! Click here to download JassNewGenPack : http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=90999

Download Magma Barricade here : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27324&stc=1&d=1208810719
redscores' submission said:
My map has the knock back function by silvenon.

Here is it: Magma Barricade

Summons 8 melted Rocks which start to rotate around the caster, they will start to rotate faster and will deal damage and gives a 25% chance to knock back a enemy unit. The damage caused is increased while the rocks get faster (100 damage is max), same for knock back (10 range more knocked back per second, max is 300 range). The Knock Back and Damage can only appear every 3 seconds. Lasts 30/45/60 seconds.

Attachments

• Challenge Map vs HINDY.w3x
    103.3 KB · Views: 191
  • Fulmination.w3x
    49.5 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Level 36
Redscores' ability is interesting and awesome, as well as fairly smooth (except I think the damage should be extremely fast but low) and the code is good.

But HINDYhat gets my vote because his ability is just so unbelievably fun to use!! Not only that but it's very very smooth, I looked to code over and even though I'm not the best coder it looks fine, and efficient to me. Also, I noticed how you made a FRAMERATE variable. Now if that doesn't show efficiency I don't know what the fuck efficiency is.

It's amazing how much code it takes for one somewhat simple-looking ability.

Level 17
I'd give this one to Hindyhat. Redscores was fine, it looked cool at first. But to me it was just kind of, an immolation with a cool effect. Nice though. But Hindyhats took a different approach to an "escape spell" that wasnt just "Jump" or "Portal" or some kind of magic teleportation. And its fun to watch the water particles hop around, they even bounce on contact with objects, neat!

So ya, my votes for Hindyhat.

Btw, while it looks cool, its a pretty useless spell (In an actual game wise). It would be better if the water particles did damage, or a cold effect, or something to enemies it past.

Level 5
Vote for redscores.

I just like the idea and the eye candy that comes with it. Also it actually does something to an enemy unit. The fulmination is also a very nice concept but lacks a finishing touch. By that I mean, the water particles seeking out a target and doing something to that target. For example the water particle entering a unit, doing damage from the inside, making the unit grow bigger due to the pressure, exit (shrinking unit again ofc.) and stunning the unit for x seconds, and then reform the hero. It would be a H2O variant of the Terminator.

Level 21
Well, firstly, I never said that I am a pro, that was produced by your paradox thinking, i said I am longer in this buisness as you, and thats the case, if you dont trust me check my spells (the pending ones) and check which was the first submitted. Well, it was around 2003 or 2004. And I never fail if I win.

Level 27
I liked Redscores' spell better, but HINDYhat's coding was far superior.
BB, some questions:
3. You didn't put .'s after some reals, also did .00 instead of just .
Does the . really matter? I never knew that.. does WC3 actually calculate significant figures?
3. It's obvious that you copied some stuff from GUI, because of the spaces between letters and parenthisis CreateTrigger(....) for example.
Is this all that bad? I always used the GUI Init functions, edited a little of course to remove BJ's, but is there a more efficient way?
--donut3.5--

Level 40
In my opinion, if people that actually know JASS voted, HINDY would of won (as his script had no flaws).
In my opinion, if people vote solely on script quality, they have something wrong with them.

HINDY or redscores, PM Wolverabid or another admin for this rep thing to be resolved.

Also, I wasn't talking about the CreateTrigger(....) thing specifically, there were things in the main code that had lots of spaces between letters and parenthisis.
Some people code like that, I used to (Spaces between lots of things).

Level 7
Hindy long time no see buddy! Since like.. Last summer. Btw I still see bigS sign onto XBox live almost every day :D

Awesome spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.