• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HINDYhat vs redscores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
The Hive Workshop
Challenge Request

Instructions
1. Copy this form in its entirety.
2. Create a new thead in THW's Admin Contact or Challenge Submission forum. Title: Challenge Request.
3.Complete the information in each <field> below the underlined categories.
4. Do not alter the document in any other way.
5. Improperly completed requests may be rejected.
Challenge Arena Rules:
  • No memory leaks are allowed in triggers or scripts.
  • Challenge results must be bug-free.
  • Copy and paste techniques are not permitted.
  • No exports from other games are acceptable.
Challenge Theme:
Triggering elemental spells.

Challenger:
HINDYhat

Opponent(s):
redscores

Challenge Duration:
14 days

Proposed Reputation Award:
15 points.

Challenge judging:
All judging will be done by public poll.

Map-specific conditions:
Theme: One elemental spell.

File size: Unlimited.

Imports allowed: No.

Optimization/protection: No.

Other:
  • Third party programs are allowed. For example : WEWarlock, WEU, Jass NewGenPack, Grimoire.
  • Full systems are not allowed, although small utilities are.
    • Example of large system : Particle System, Caster System, etc...
    • Example of utility : CS_Cache, Handle Vars, Armor detection system, Damage detection system, etc...
  • Only one spell must be included on the map, with possibility to test the spell in the world editor test map or in Warcraft III. That means that the spell must be assigned to a hero.
  • No model imports are allowed, except the "dummy.mdx" dummy axis model by iNfraNe.
  • The spell must be made entirely by you.
  • The spell must be a hero spell, and configurable over multiple levels.

Model-specific conditions:

File size:

Polycount:

Other:

Texture-specific conditions:

File size:

Other:

Other challenge conditions:
Details: Have fun.

Level 21
My map has the knock back function by silvenon.

Here is it: [RAINBOW]Magma Barricade[/RAINBOW]

Summons 8 melted Rocks which start to rotate around the caster, they will start to rotate faster and will deal damage and gives a 25% chance to knock back a enemy unit. The damage caused is increased while the rocks get faster (100 damage is max), same for knock back (10 range more knocked back per second, max is 300 range). The Knock Back and Damage can only appear every 3 seconds. Lasts 30/45/60 seconds.

Thats my first attempt at structs and just made for fun. :) ( i bet i don't win the challenge due to lack of experience ^^)

Attachments

• Challenge Map vs HINDY.w3x
    103.2 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Level 34
That's one sweet skill there redscores. Although I don't like the dust anim. Too large.

Biggest problem was the overpoweredness of it. All melee got owned. Maybe make it do damage over time, and then have a chance to knock back each tick of damage? Would that be too hard?

Level 40
# Full systems are not allowed, although small utilities are.

* Example of large system : Particle System, Caster System, etc...
* Example of utility : CS_Cache, Handle Vars, Armor detection system, Damage detection system, etc...
Lol hindy :p

Anyways, approved, seeing as the challenge is going anyways, and I can't find any problems with this.

Level 20
lol @ triple-post.

Done with the ability. In fact, I finished last night, but Hive was down and I had to sleep, so I guess it's okay if I upload it just now:

FULMINATION
detonate.gif

The hero explodes into 12 controllable and invulnerable water particles. After a certain time, each particle moves to a medium point and reforms the concerned hero.

Level 1 - Explodes at 400 units per second. Lasts 4 seconds.
Level 2 - Explodes at 550 units per second. Lasts 4.5 seconds.
Level 3 - Explodes at 700 units per second. Lasts 5 seconds.

EDIT: REMEMBER to adjust mana cost and cooldown to your needs. I left them null here for testing reasons!

IMPORTANT : This spell requires JassNewGenPack for vJass syntax! Click here to download JassNewGenPack : http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=90999

Attachments

• Fulmination.w3x
    49.4 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Level 34
I suggest making it so that the units are selected for you, so that you don't have to. It's annoying trying to select them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.