• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kingz vs MistAssass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
The Hive Workshop

Sacrifice Challenge Request

Instructions
1. Copy this form in its entirety.
2. Create a new thead in THW's Admin Contact or Challenge Submission forum. Title: Challenge Request.
3.Complete the information in each <field> below the underlined categories.
4. Do not alter the document in any other way.
5. Improperly completed requests may be rejected.
Challenge Arena Rules:
  • No memory leaks are allowed in triggers or scripts.
  • Challenge results must be bug-free.
  • Copy and paste techniques are not permitted.
  • No exports from other games are acceptable.
Challenge Theme: Sacrifice Spells

Subject: Spells,triggering

Theme: Sacrifice

Challenger:Kingz

Opponent(s):MistAssass

Challenge Duration:7-14 days

Proposed Reputation Award:5-10

Challenge judging:
50% Poll
50% Asigned Judge

Map-specific conditions:
Theme: Spells

File size: Not larger than 1Mb

Imports allowed: Only dummy.mdx models with and without Z facing

Optimization/protection: none

Other: none

Model-specific conditions:

File size:none

Polycount:none

Other:no custom models

Texture-specific conditions:

File size: none

Other: none

Other challenge conditions:
Details: 1 Sacrifice Spell, fresh idea, no type restrictions(passive,active),must be multi leveled, must be at least MPI, the spell must cripple the owner of the casting unit somehow

Level 25
If you can you can withdraw before it starts and i will find a new opponent, cause you know your first challenge and i didn't see you made any spell here, ever.
If you think you are a match to me(gosh this sounded wrong) then fine but i think you need more experience first.

Level 9
hmmm i do not like to make my spells public cuz i usually make anime based spells and 90% of the hive users hate animes :grin: ... my only public spell was made due one of the s&s contests
i wanna stay and compete but if you think i lack tell me :p
... and i have a question ... if you want me to compete against you ... can i start making my spell or should i wait for someone to prove this ... ?

Level 25
No problem, i asked just for info...
EDIT:
To clarify:
Sacrifice:must cripple the player of the casting unit either directly or undirectly:
-reduce property
-kill unit
-damage unit
-something difrent

And the apointed judge will be Dynasti if he acepts.

Last edited:
Level 25
Venom Bolts
attachment.php
Creates 10 venom bolts and tosses them toward the target point. Each bolt suficates the caster and any unit it hits. Upon impact with the ground they splash venom around dealing damage over 10 seconds to any nearby unit.
Level 1 - Costs 20 health per bolt, deals 75 damage per bolt, 15 damage per second in 200 AOE on contact with ground.
Level 2 - Costs 30 health per bolt, deals 95 damage per bolt, 25 damage per second in 200 AOE on contact with ground.
Level 3 - Costs 40 health per bolt, deals 115 damage per bolt, 35 damage per second in 200 AOE on contact with ground.

Updates:

-fixed an indexing bug

-fixed a special effect leak
-added more eyecandy
-added a bolt size variable
-changed the bolts movement type from fly to nothing
-now shows the whole spell animation
-changed the map into barrens style
-added test heroes heal via Esc button

I think it fits the theme, with each cast you sacrifice life and you can kill yourself :p
My submision until or if i think of something better.

Attachments

• Venom Bolts[Kingz] v1.2.w3x
    56.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Level 18

Kingz's Challenge Submission Evaluation

Quick Overview
No memory leaks[]
Bug free[]
Fits the theme[]

Triggering & Scripting

Perfect triggering here, not a single flaw ( that I could see ). It's MPI and MUI, works smooth and doesn't appear to leak.

I would give this triggering a 10/10 Superb

Eye Candy/Visual Effects

The visual effects on this spell is really nice, but I get the feeling that something is missing. I know that there aren't to many poison visual effects in wc3 but it's OK. The visuals are good enough, not too much not too little.

I'm giving the visual effects a 7/10 Good

Idea

It's a fresh new idea, but some parts of the idea is old. The idea of poison damage over time + poison splash isn't actually new, but it works :)

Idea 8/10 Great

How well it fits the theme

The theme of the spell fits but it could have been better. When the spell is cast it doesn't give the feeling of sacrifice. You cast the spell then poison bolts erupt, making the hero loose health.
I think that you need to work more on the theme on this spell.

This spell fits the theme OK 6/10 Good

Total Points: 31/40 Great

A very good spell you have here Kingz. Only thing that bothers me is that the 'theme' execution isn't as good as it could be. Else all is well made.

Neutral Stuff

• When you cast the spell it wont complete the animation, looks ugly. Please fix :)
  • Sometimes I see a big burst of one poison effect. I don't know if this is supposed to happen but what the heck, it looks good.
  • Why are your test maps always icy? :D
  • The Hero should only be able send the amount of bolts that his health can afford.( Means that if he is almost dying he wouldn't send full amount.)
  • The heroes die to fast :p

Well this was my review, if you think I've been unfair in any way or need to see some missing information then please let me know

{New Review}
Quick Overview
No memory leaks[]
Bug free[]
Fits the theme[]

Triggering & Scripting

As last time, perfect. Not a single flaw, I must admit that you're one of the greater GUI users here on hive.

As last time:
I would give the triggering a 10/10 Superb

Eye Candy/Visual Effects

Well you fixed up the visuals by adding another one, looks a lot better now. Good job

Visuals 8/10 Great

Idea

Well same as last time:
Dynsati said:
It's a fresh new idea, but some parts of the idea is old. The idea of poison damage over time + poison splash isn't actually new, but it works :)

Idea 8/10 Great

How well it fits the theme

You managed to make it fit the theme even better by adding those effects, good job :)

This spell fits the theme 8/10 Great

Total Points: 34/40 Great

Its a lot better now Kingz, you have done a great job on this spell, :).

Neutral Stuff

• You should use another ability for your spell, the poison bolts are going off before he even can finish the cast animation, looks wierd.
  • And as last time, you should fix that the hero can only send as much bolts as his health can afford, or you should make the whole spell take health instead of each bullet.

Well this was my review, if you think I've been unfair in any way or need to see some missing information then please let me know

Last edited:
Level 9
Ultimate LabaTrist
The hero drinks a poisonous potion that gives him attack speed, movement speed and attack damage at the cost of some of his health points. If the hero has little health and proceeds casting the ability, he will die damaging all enemies around him.

Level 1 - The hero gets 30% attack speed, movement speed and attack damage at the cost of 100 of his health, if he dies he damages surrounding enemies for 50 damage.
Level 2 - The hero gets 40% attack speed, movement speed and attack damage at the cost of 200 of his health, if he dies he damages surrounding enemies for 100 damage.
Level 3 - The hero gets 50% attack speed, movement speed and attack damage at the cost of 300 of his health, if he dies he damages surrounding enemies for 150 damage.

I kinda lacked ideas but i made the spell, i hope Kingz isn't dissapointed by me as an opponent i hope you had fun !

~MistAssassin

Attachments

• Ultimate LabaTrist[MistAssassin].w3x
    31.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.