• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Challenge PrinceOFFame vs Vadim 647

Which Skin is better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Challenge Theme:
texturing

Challenger:
PrinceOFFame

Opponent(s):
Vadim 647

Challenge Duration:
5 days

Proposed Reputation Award:

Challenge judging:
Gilles

Map-specific conditions:
Theme:none

File size:none

Imports allowed:none

Optimization/protection:none

Other:none

Model-specific conditions:

File size:none

Polycount:none

Other:none

Texture-specific conditions:

File size:Every

Other:Every

Other challenge conditions:
Details:
Skin must be maked on Model of SH(shadow hunter):
53753d1241455140-challenge-princeoffame-vs-vadim-647-sh.jpg

Level 34
You've already made the skins? I'm confused, what's going on?

I'm not much of a texture judge. I'd suggest asking someone else.

Level 34
I'm guessing English isn't your native language. :p
So you made this thread, you guys made your skins that are posted, but you're still working on yours?

W8 sec

Ill admit, im going to vote for princeoffame on this one, because his skin actually shows some custom skinning. While Vadim's looks nice in game, it appears to me he just used one of those "Brightness and Contrast" filters as theres no obvious sign of any skinning :/

I see how he doned it Changed Skin with Saturation to gray then bright and contrast and Smudge tool for some parts!!!

Level 10
Vadim has a little little better looking than the green one, but he has only manipulated with normal bright and contrast , but Prince has made custom skinning, And custom is in 1st place so I make prince to be winner if i would have such power =D

Meh my old skinning editor is somehow broken, Can someone tell some site to DL some skin editor ?

Level 34
Then why the hell this challange was accepted ?
I never actually accepted it. I don't know why people are voting. I still don't really get what happened, and they really didn't go through the right process for approval.

Whatever. I made my skin in a hour, because being requested by one to get him some rep in this way, and the one was modyfiying his skin periodicaly & editing the thread.
And basicaly true, it's just several steps of conditional hue\saturation, then one overblend layer to add few highlights, and smudge tool. All this done in Paint.net, a free graphical editor.

Level 18
No wonder. One took 1 hour and the other took 2 hours to make their skin. Sorry to say, but they're both terrible. I'm not going to vote for either, because if you'd upload something like this here, they would get 1/5 from me and probably the moderators as well because nearly nothing is done with it.

To make it even worse, this thread is actually not allowed, because there was no starting date, no format, no real submission, no reward, pretty much no nothing. It's no more then a thread made to post 2 skins for your own entertainment only.

Level 34
Watch the flaming Avator. Remember that everyone starts somewhere.

This challenge is getting archived. If you want to have a proper one, please follow the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.