• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NinjaDino/HappyTauren Terrain Challenge

Better Terran

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
The Hive Workshop
Challenge Request

Instructions
1. Copy this form in its entirety.
2. Create a new thead in THW's Admin Contact or Challenge Submission forum. Title: Challenge Request.
3.Complete the information in each <field> below the underlined categories.
4. Do not alter the document in any other way.
5. Improperly completed requests may be rejected.
Challenge Arena Rules:
  • No memory leaks are allowed in triggers or scripts.
  • Challenge results must be bug-free.
  • Copy and paste techniques are not permitted.
  • No exports from other games are acceptable.
Challenge Theme:
terrianing

Challenger:
NinjaDino

Opponent(s):
HappyTauren

Challenge Duration:
10 days

Proposed Reputation Award:
10 rep

Challenge judging:
Poll

Map-specific conditions:
Theme: Any

File size: Any

Imports allowed: Yes

Optimization/protection: none

Other: No

Model-specific conditions:

File size:

Polycount:

Other:

Texture-specific conditions:

File size:

Other:

Other challenge conditions:
Details:Terrain will be judged on the screenshots. Terrain must not be made before the challenge starts

I sux@originality!

Attachments

• shit.jpg
    shit.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 289
Level 6
. I would made something original but i cant think of anything, mabie i should made dalaran or something
im nearly finished ill upload it mabie today at 23 cause i cant finish it today
and its not only "forest" its "night elf forest"

Level 34
. I would made something original but i cant think of anything, mabie i should made dalaran or something
im nearly finished ill upload it mabie today at 23 cause i cant finish it today
and its not only "forest" its "night elf forest"
Cause no one has done a Night Elf forest! A forest is the most common terrain, and night elf forest is the most common forest. Although there is nothing wrong with doing a forest. It's always nice to see some good forest terrain.

Level 34
Those leaves are magical! They don't fall to the ground! That forest looks pretty weird how the grass is dark green, but the trees are a bright muti-color.

Level 34
Use different trees perhaps? I don't know. You could lower the trees so only the very top is showing, and place them level with the ground under the tree. Then it would look like fallen leaves covering the ground! But probably not.

Level 28
i dont think it exist elf grass, and i cant make leaves fall, and i cant find colorful grass and i cannot find any grass that looks better
mabie in my next challenge, or i might make terran showcase

I'll suggest you to post your terrain "productions" (if I can say that) and attempts at the Terraining Forum, to get constructive criticism and advice.

@Gilles: I would never get an idea like that! Creative.

Level 6
Yes i shoud make new thread and post a few pictures of terraing and from time to time upload more
I should use difrent trees, mabie in another challenge
Thanks for help
Ill make terraning thread as soon i make something
It is a good attempt but I think snow would be a much better choice as a tileset since the color pink matches more with white - snow.
I love snowy terrans, now i got another idea for terraning :)

Level 6
Happys pic. it has nice 'fog' effect

My pic.(this is little newer and has little more dodoads, but its still night elf (i wanted to do something from WOW)

Please tell me, im not a good at terrans and i want to do showcase, what are most popular terrans

Last edited:
Level 34
Just remembered about this thing. Neither is very good to be honest. I gotta go right now, I may elaborate later if I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.