• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

KB3D - Knock back 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought this can be triggered (order the unit to stop when attacking a unit with high height, and he can target both air and ground target)
Spam stop order? No.
Not that I don't care about your solutions, but spam stop doesn't really work. A billion stops have to be ordered, and the attack anim backswing/damage point should be greater than 0.260 seconds.

Level 16
And this is gonna be good for you guys:

Plug Ins are going to be added to KB3D 1.9.0!
though each new plug in can't be added without me knowing and changing the code of KB3D

The Plugin, in the JASS/GUI stat of the system, will be like this:

if X plugin is available, the plugin's trigger will have to set it's variable to TRUE at initialization of the map

what will KB3D do when a plug in is available?
easy, example, the X plug in adds a heal in the AoE at the End of the KB, in the KB3D code, at the of the KB (where the plugin should run), it will be like this:
JASS:
if udg_KB3DPlugin_X_A then
    set udg_KB3D_AoE = AoE   // here we just set the nessecary variables
    set udg_KB3D_Unit = U      // for the plug in to work
    // there is more variables but i;m not gonna list them all
    call ExecuteFunction("KB3DPlugin_X")
endif

Level 22
Spam stop order? No.
Not that I don't care about your solutions, but spam stop doesn't really work. A billion stops have to be ordered, and the attack anim backswing/damage point should be greater than 0.260 seconds.
Where is this applied?

Level 16
Changing plans

KB3D's history (in the future)

Current Version: KB3D 1.8.4

Next Version(s): KB3D 1.9.X

Later Versions: NONE

Explanation said:
KB3D, will stop by the version 1.9.0, the rummored KB4D won't get made

After finishing KB3D v. 1.9.X we will start with MMS 4D the vJASS version of KB3D, with the 4D feature!

Notice: MMS stands for Multi Movement System

Level 22
Yo Jad, you're going vjass right? I think you wouldn't have too much problems, just stick to Nestharus' and Bribe's libraries. Oh shit...

Level 22
What's confusing you? I just said what I thought, I wasn't suggesting anything...

Eh wait, I did suggest you stick to Nestharus and Bribe's libraries.

Level 22
Seriously, you should always use their libraries when necessary or people will bug you like hell. Just look at Malhorne's submissions, they always tell him to use Bribe's table. And since your friends with Magtheridon, I think Nestharus will review your submission too. It's good chance to learn things from them so don't be on stubborn mode.

Level 22
So, you ready to rewrite KB3D? Haha, that's gotta be a lot of work, specially if you will maintain a jass and vjass versions. But I guess it wouldn't be too hard for you, since some of your libraries are converted from vjass. Good luck then.

EDIT: That's what I was telling you remember, modules, though they call it differently. Well I must admit I learned things in wc3c, they use different terms here but I guess they must mean the same thing.

Level 22
Nah, I didn't mean you need to rewrite from scratch, just port it to vjass and follow convention. Purge ain't so strict, I dunno about Mag though. Don't worry, Mal will help haha xD!

Level 22
Oh right! Yeah haha xD. Uh-oh... I like the way Maker handles stuff, he doesn't impose coding style.

Level 22
I'd like to comment on what you said, but I'm afraid you might tell him, so Imma gonna shut up haha xD

Level 22
Purge is the coolest, in my opinion, he always finds time for me and mah bois haha xD, Just like Orcnet.

Level 22
I still believe in Anitarf though. Oh shit! where talking about the hive right? Captain Griffen then.

Level 22

122581-albums6790-picture76610.png

Yeah, I'm old indeed mah boi, too old for this. Ugh! mah back!
Quickly, gimme booze. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.