• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Kaitech[SanD]'s Comics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
Hmmmz....Here is the best WoW comic evar :cgrin:!!! Made it myself.

Attachments

• WowComic.jpg
    WowComic.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 138
Level 13
Anyways, read my last post.

I did. If you don't like the fact that we're making them, then why even bother posting in the threads saying that we suck, when you might not even be able to do any better?

If you hate that they keep popping up, then ignore them.

Level 35
Dr00d...If I may.

Comics are alot like television shows....If the public doesnt like them...then its usually best to change your show.

Because suredly you are not making these and posting them here, not expecting to get some sort of praise?

So inorder to recieve that praise...change your show.

Level 13
I don't really recall getting offended by any of the posts...

But I would like everyone to at least see the time put into one of these before criticizing. Think of it like a bunch of people who have never even tried to model going around saying every model sucks. It's hard and I think we're getting better at it. Power of the Horde took 3 weeks (with school off one), and trust me it was hard to try an sync up the song with the estimated time someone would look at a frame.

Plus I do want to see what others can do, maybe learn and better my own stuff.

Level 13
If you may notice...I did think about the time consumed...and I gave praise also. Remember?

Yes and I thank you.

Still I'd like to see what others can do. And so far Kaitech is the only one to do so.

Level 36
Black Angus tattoo rofl, that was genuinely funny.

Dr00d, you don't have to know the subtle art of cooking to know whether food tastes like shit or not (to quote MSBB).

Basically, it doesn't matter how much work is required, if the product, sucks, then it sucks, and telling us how hard it is to make them is not going to change the fact that the end product sucks balls.

Level 35
Hey! I have 4 gems now...Thanks Brad.

Ye' see Dr00d...To make a funny comic, you dont have to go over board. Because that will bore your audience.

Make a simple comedic point, so that people can pick it up immediately and have time to laugh about it. And add subtle nuances (like the black angus tatoo) to entertain people, and give them something to look for and think about, (like an easter egg)

And this can be expanded to larger comics, by taking each slide, and making each one; simple, funny, quick, and have easter eggs.

Level 17
One thing I don't understand, is my Stormwind Snipers... As soon as I had the intro and first 2 slides up, already getting "THIS SUCKS NOOB" "MAKE THIS BETTER" "FAIL" "BOOORING"

Also, it is hard to hard to get added effects without editing skins, and models, especially when you have no idea how... Heck, if I knew how to import them, then I'd learn to start skinning on blizzard skins...

Level 26
Kaitech[SanD];385558 said:
One thing I don't understand, is my Stormwind Snipers... As soon as I had the intro and first 2 slides up, already getting "THIS SUCKS NOOB" "MAKE THIS BETTER" "FAIL" "BOOORING"
Allow me to help you understand.

The purpose of a WIP is to impress people in a manner than will get them enthusiastic for an upcoming project.

The only thing your WIP does, on the other hand, is raise your post count.

furthermore,

INCOMPLETE != BAD QUALITY.

Get it?

Allow me to help you understand.

The purpose of a WIP is to impress people in a manner than will get them enthusiastic for an upcoming project.

The only thing your WIP does, on the other hand, is raise your post count.

furthermore,

INCOMPLETE != BAD QUALITY.

Get it?

QFT.

Also, making comics via screenshots from wow and adding speech bubbles in mspaint is hardly a challenge. Get a pencil and make your own already.

Level 36
Kaitech[SanD];385678 said:
I'm leaving that 'til i get the chance to learn Media Studies... Also, I'd delete that second part of your post Pyritie, before Dr00d wakes up...

1) Where I come from, media studies is the study of advertising and popular media, and it's affect on the world. You do things like advertising, news, music, film, television, etc. I don't see how this will help make your comics better :p

2) Since when do you have the power to delete posts?

Some idiots get lost in Silithus, and they found a Hive, and they entered the hive and met us, then some uber evil appears and like annihlates Stormwind and then we go and save the day, and we leave the idiots that found us to rot in hell.

That's actually a good idea. The first part I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.