• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Just Checking, Anyone still playing?

Level 29
Currently, you can only play custom maps with other players by using the third-party tools (preferably GameRanger).
If you want to play through official Battle.net server, you will have to install Reforged (1.36).

Level 7
Thanks! I'll try them. +rep
I only play via the Reforged version. It is kind of a bitch to be honest because it REQUIRES you to use their own battlen.net app which is kind of like their own steam thing. But hosting games for me personally is a lot more possible. People still host the classics like Legion TD, Green TD, Kodo Tag, etc.... And there are a couple new games that was surprising to me. If you hate Reforged graphics you can play on only Classic Graphics

Level 16
Does any one here still plays classic War3 Frozen throne custom maps? I still have my version 1.26 and this is what I use in making my maps until now. If yes, how can you play it online with other players? if it is still possible.
I still play and all my maps use the standard 1.27 version so other players can use them if they don’t have reforged

Level 13
I only play via the Reforged version. It is kind of a bitch to be honest because it REQUIRES you to use their own battlen.net app which is kind of like their own steam thing. But hosting games for me personally is a lot more possible. People still host the classics like Legion TD, Green TD, Kodo Tag, etc.... And there are a couple new games that was surprising to me. If you hate Reforged graphics you can play on only Classic Graphics
If I may ask, which region or server do they have more players?
I'm in Asia, are there players left in Asia server?

Level 19
Battlenet: Reforged merged all servers again to one list. You can join EU/NA lobbies but the ping will be horrible due to you connecting from Asia. I've seen Asian lobbies, mostly Korean and played only a handful of maps. European afternoon until midnight is the best time to play, most players active.
The advantage of LAN software is that you don't need port-forwarding to host games. Though I think on ICCup and Rubattlenet there are enough hosting bots so you won't need to. Though Russians are gonna play Russian maps (which there are plenty of) I suggest you to stick to EU/NA communities for English.

Level 5
I have been playing on the gameranger since 2020 with irl friends, plenty of people there but the community plays only few maps such as Castle fight and legion td, i also play in the reforged battlenet since i have purchased the game but its almost same as gameranger, few maps and barely any new map pops up, for me if you want to experience RTS wc3 is best to play on the WC3 platform but you must have reforged, for custom games gameranger also does fine. Recently i stumbled upon one very popular map in the chinese community called "San Guo" 三国 and i have been itching to play it but the EU community seems to be unaware of that map which is sad (Dota style map).