• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Just a question about DDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I have dds in my ''map'' and idk but i never got to when the attack misses

will it still find it as an attack(my attacks deal trigger based dmg so if unit misses will it still find it as an attack and deal damage anyway)

EDIT: Also how does the physical damage detection in this system interfere with the unit's armor

Last edited:
Level 12
will it still find it as an attack(my attacks deal trigger based dmg so if unit misses will it still find it as an attack and deal damage anyway)

when damage occures, I think miss is count as a 0 damage but still a damage, so should be detected. you can check what was the old damage and if it was 0 trigger your own damage to 0 as well.
EDIT: the best would be if you test it, make ranged unit attack enemy on higher ground and make trigger damage for it on attack . if damage occures when it shows "miss" then i was right.

EDIT: Also how does the physical damage detection in this system interfere with the unit's armor

umm the best way if you use your own armor system but , you can make damage type of triggered spell to universal so it penetrates armor, or constantly reduce unit's health by amount

Level 8
Which DDS are you using ??
The one by Looking_for_help

when damage occures, I think miss is count as a 0 damage but still a damage, so should be detected. you can check what was the old damage and if it was 0 trigger your own damage to 0 as well.
EDIT: the best would be if you test it, make ranged unit attack enemy on higher ground and make trigger damage for it on attack . if damage occures when it shows "miss" then i was right.

umm the best way if you use your own armor system but , you can make damage type of triggered spell to universal so it penetrates armor, or constantly reduce unit's health by amount

Testing it now

EDIT: IT doesnt find it as dmg if u miss so its great i dont need to make my own 'Miss' System now anyways thanks for the reply.
EDIT 2: Also i will had to make my own armor system :p

Status
Not open for further replies.