• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

June 2009 News Batch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
[self=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/latest-updates-and-news-101/june-2009-news-batch-130725/#post1155709]
52014d1239486324-april-2009-news-batch-thehiveworkshopnewsbanner.png
[/self]
Artwork by Archian, then edited by Rui

Opening...
by Rui (Development Moderator)
Greetings, people!I apologize, but once again, there will be no interview for the First Plane page. Hopefully it'll be here again on the next edition.
On this June News Batch, we bring, as usual, news of our hosted projects, this month's top 10 downloaded maps, updates on what's going on on the Arena, and a bunch of hilarious quotes!With Summer and the holidays approaching, this can only get better! :smile:
Happy vacations, and good luck for your exams, if you have them.
Index
  1. Top+
  2. The Hive's Projects All news concerning the Hive Workshop's hosted projects and forums!
  3. The Hive's Arena
  4. Caught!
  5. Last Page
Opening picture by Archian. News Batch content by Rui.

Top+
Every month, the Hive's News gather the data of the month's top downloaded maps and bring them here under analysis.The data was gathered on the 4th of June at 22:00 approximately.
52012d1239486253-april-2009-news-batch-maps_diabloiiibeta_preview.jpg
=
(#1) Diablo III Beta (v1.17) (by CloudWolf)

With still no new versions released, "Diablo III Beta" once again occupies the first position, yet with less advantage: 5.400 downloads, far from the last month's achieved 11 thousand.

rating_3.gif
by Rui
(for version 1.01)

maps_17961_preview.jpg
^
(#2) Angel Arena Allstars (1.69d) (by youkaiz)

Great ascension since last month! "Angel Arena Allstars" has scored over 4 thousand downloads, and rises to position #2 from #7! The little advertisement from the last news batch must have helped!

php_space01.gif

maps_12795_preview.jpg
v
(#3) DBZ Tribute Elite (v2.1b) (by ikcilapmada)

"DBZ Tribute Elite" has fallen one position. It is separated from the second spot by 1,5 thousand downloads. ikcilapmada's map's download count is stable, which guarantees the resource will stay on the top for long.

php_space01.gif

54161d1241981029-may-2009-news-batch-maps_against-the-darkness_preview.jpg
^
(#4) Against the Darkness (2.86) (by 1)ark_NiTe)

1)ark_NiTe seems to have spent some time developing his work. "Against the Darkness" has been through modifications since last month, and is separated from the third position by no more than 50 downloads!

php_space01.gif

52013d1239486253-april-2009-news-batch-maps_the-chosen-ones_minimap.jpg
^
(#5) The Chosen Ones (3.3) (by Aeroblyctos)

Like "DBZ Tribute Elite" or "Diablo III Beta", The Chosen Ones, the only campaign of this top, maintains a stable position, oscillating between the fifth and sixth positions.

php_space01.gif

54162d1241981029-may-2009-news-batch-maps_fortresssiege_preview.jpg
^
(#6) Fortress Siege (1.6) (by Tranquil)

Gilles' rating was not so favorable for the map, but "Fortress Siege" manages to get to the #6 spot nonetheless, climbing three positions in a month period.

php_space01.gif

php_space01.gif

maps_16441_preview.jpg
^
(#7) Grand Battle (v1.4 AI) (by scorpion182)

Another rising production, "Grand Battle" is the seventh most downloaded map of the month, climbing from position #10 to #7 this edition.

php_space01.gif

php_space01.gif

54163d1241981029-may-2009-news-batch-maps_nickbas-orpg_preview.jpg
=
(#8) Nickba's ORPG (v4.00Betav3) (by Nickba)

"Nickba's ORPG" maintains its position with 1,6 thousand more downloads. It was given the rating of 4/5 by VGsatomi, but the user average rating is 3,7.

rating_4.gif
by VGsatomi
(unknown version)

attachment.php
new(#9) DAtC (v1.96j) (by Sleepwalker and Wherewolf)

With "Upadoro TD"'s dropout (a major one, from position #4), a new map, "DAtC", by Sleepwalker and Wherewolf, debuts on the top. It is an AoS with 31 heroes and 110 items that has received an average rating of 4,6 from the users.
php_space01.gif

52011d1239486253-april-2009-news-batch-maps_dbzthesayanrace_preview.jpg
v
(#10) DBZ The Saiyan Race (1.59) (by Doctor-Pepper)

Doctor-Pepper has released no new versions for his "DBZ The Saiyan Race", but his map has had enough downloads (1,1 thousand) to remain on the top, and falls from #3 to #10 this month.

php_space01.gif

The Hive's Projects

Roller Coaster is a four player game where you can build and ride coasters. Recently risk_fan2 has rebuilt the physics engine, and the rider camera and rider cart have been improved a lot.
A project by rover2341.

The Human Sin is an offensive/defensive style campaign revolving around the story of Gabriel and Baxter, who are in search of a human with a pure soul who can help defeat King Hades, an evil power who has descended to the earth to destroy all humanity for their cruel sins.
By Septimus.

The slowness of Diablo III Warcraft is about to come to an end. CloudWolf and his team (LTGH, redmarine, The_Silent, Darkholme, and dansaDisco) have been reworking the entire game to make it look even more professional than before!
Changes for v1.18 include a whole new inventory system, distanced from the rudimentary six slots, an adjust to the game angles, a revamp to the boss events featuring new spells and abilities, a vast amount of terraining updates for an even more beautiful scenery, brand new skills for all existing classes, new mob groups to test your capabilities, and an improved difficulty system that autobalances the game taking into account the number of players.
But CloudWolf guarantees that there's even more on the sleeve for the future! BETA tests are coming in the following weeks, exclusively for Hive members!

Eleandor has found out that vJASS can be used in the campaign without screwing it up completely, which called the attention of experienced modders such as Av3n. Eleandor is developing a new quest system to be similar to that of World of Warcraft.
After being questioned about using Wc3:WoW with WarSoc, Craka_J has replied that the first version of the project will be Single Player, and that orders towards that direction will only come once MindWorX and SFilip's mod is stable.
Craka_J also adds that it is difficult to say when the first BETA of the game will be released.
Since Eleandor is on vacation until June 16, the team is currently focusing on models, textures and interface!

AtD fans can stay tunned: a new version is about to be released in the next few days, bringing three new ultimate items, a new kick system, slight item balancing, and more efficient coding.
The project has also reached a popular Chinese modding site, which will help catch new players for Against the Darkness! The translation was made by mfdsrax2.

The Hive's Arena

• Cinematic Contest #3 Sorrow: The Cinematic Contest has been archived for lack of submissions. The only participant who finished his work, Bob27, will get half the promised reputation.
  • Terrain Contest 7 - Small World: The objective of this seventh edition of the Terrain Contest is to represent the world from a perspective of something larger.
  • Phoenix Trial #5: A new Phoenix Trial is here! This time, you'll have to design replacements for the ability buttons of existent Warcraft III spells! On the participants list you can find bananaHUNT, who won the previous edition.
  • Texturing Contest 13 Voting: The poll is closed already, but it is still worth it to take a look at the awesome Naga skins. Pins's Abyss Fiend was found most agreeable by the public.
  • Modeling contest #13 - Results!: After deliberation, TDR and BlinkBoy provide their overviews on the submissions of the Modeling Contest's thirteenth edition.
  • POLL: Comic Contest - Recessions: The works of this comic contest can be checked here.

Caught!

shaithain

"kimberly, im cold, come home n snuggle"

On the Chat.

Ralle

"nah I am going to mow my grandmother. later guys!

Ralle's reply to Shados's invitation to play gmod.

Craka_J

"Teamspeak is a secret to keep Harriet Tubman off it. You are Harriet Tubman... you just don't know it."

Craka_J's answer to NoAmmoSrry.

MasterHaosis

"AHAHAHAHAHA I cant stop laughing. I almost failed from my chair.

On the Chat.

Kimberly

"I just want to squiggle all over your beds :>"

On the Chat.

Vegavak

"I hate pie, I hate screenshots of pie, and I hate idiots who can't read pie. And I hate idiots who falsely accuse me of Pie"

Firelord213

"If I'd show how much I love computers then I'd need a condom for that."

leet.firefox

"You may have a bugged version of Jasshelper. I hear it's quite common.j"

"Ever watched the other guys penises in the shower after gymnastics class?"

"I don't have a problem with guns either. It's the bullets that get to me."

Last Page

Admins.png
PurplePoot is the new Development Director! Focusing on the Maps and the Help Zone will be Rui.
Tranquil is not only the author of "Fortress Siege". He is also a modeler. The third, fourth and fifth most downloaded of these resources are made by him! They are "King", "Angel", and "Royal Captain" respectively.
He's not the only one. Other mappers, like CloudWolf, also possess art resources. The icon "CWArchmage", by the creator of "Diablo III Warcraft", has risen interest among the users.

Attachments

• maps_DAtC_preview.jpg
    maps_DAtC_preview.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 258,604
Last edited:

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
# POLL: Comic Contest - Recessions: The works of this comic contest can be checked here.

Can be checked? Can be checked?
They have been done since like.. forever. Not to mention the poll was drowned, and any notice of the awards seems to be unusually elusive.

Next time actually check your sources before writing these.

Also, good to see you including a report on the new award icon procedures etc. Oh wait. You didn't.
Kinda sucky, considering those are... aah I dunno.. real news?

Good luck next month.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Can be checked? Can be checked?
They have been done since like.. forever. Not to mention the poll was drowned, and any notice of the awards seems to be unusually elusive.

Next time actually check your sources before writing these.

Also, good to see you including a report on the new award icon procedures etc. Oh wait. You didn't.
Kinda sucky, considering those are... aah I dunno.. real news?

Good luck next month.
I read the dates. That's why I wrote they could be checked... what's wrong with "Can be checked"? Grammatically incorrect or something?

By the way, I knew nothing about the new award icons. Pyritie only mentioned it now.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
I read the dates. That's why I wrote they could be checked... what's wrong with "Can be checked"? Grammatically incorrect or something?

...sigh. It's old news, man. It may be gramatically perfect, but it's still old news. Hell, the thread's recycled already.

By the way, I knew nothing about the new award icons. Pyritie only mentioned it now.

Ouch. Now I definitely wouldn't hire you if I was running the reporter agency.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Sigh* It is always the same top 10 maps.

Come on Rui, give model, icon, spells and skin section a chances as well. It isn't fair to just show top 10 maps at each news. Show some top 10 model, icon, spells and skin as well.

Give it a fresh look once in awhile. The other section deserve some attention.

I agree.

Showing the maps like this every months gives the maps much more attention and will increase it's popularity. More likely they get more dl and stay in a safe position.

But how do you see how much downloads a map gets pr month?

Level 19
I agree.

Showing the maps like this every months gives the maps much more attention and will increase it's popularity. More likely they get more dl and stay in a safe position.

In the front(news) page if you scroll a bit down you'll see a list over most downloaded maps.

Level 12
Sigh* It is always the same top 10 maps.

I lost by 20 Dls. I Am currently in 10th but not when he did this new batch. So it can happen. I might not make it next month but soon. Ill make it. :)

Click maps link top left. Then click Top This Month on the left side of the page.

Last edited:
Level 6
hehe, my map become 2° :grin:

but still most part of downloads from Epicwar, wen i send link to download here so many ppl talk they can't find were is the link to download the map =/

Can us make a "button" to they find more easy were download?

TKF

TKF

Level 19
I lost by 20 Dls. I Am currently in 10th but not when he did this new batch. So it can happen. I might not make it next month but soon. Ill make it. :)

Click maps link top left. Then click Top This Month on the left side of the page.

Too bad you didn't make it. Your map is definitely unique.

I also discovered that my map is on 15# :eekani: wow!

...and diablo III has like 2500 comments!!!!

Level 31
Mine was at 18th, too bad it was hidden cause I add it into packs.

But we really need to show top 10 model or icon once in awhile.

Model/Skin/Icon/Spells deserve some recognition, map won't be awesome without their contribution either.

The last news about other section was skin section regarding about black_stan skin.

And I never seen any news of other section after that. :(

Level 14
But we really need to show top 10 model or icon once in awhile.

Model/Skin/Icon/Spells deserve some recognition, map won't be awesome without their contribution either.

The last news about other section was skin section regarding about black_stan skin.

And I never seen any news of other section after that. :(

Septimus is right. The other sections deserve a display too. I mean, the maps are always the same so what's the point of showing them over and over again. You should put a different section each month.

I mean, the news batch itself is nice but you should add stuff that isn't generally known by the public but is worthy of attention as well, like the interview you put in one of the earlier news batches.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Maybe Rui's recommended map of the month with some description about it? Just 1 map which Rui's gives some good description about what he likes about the maps and gives some credit to other maps, and not just the top 10 dls.

I also agree that models, spells, icons and skins deserve a place on the news batch.

Level 14
How can it be great if every month it's the same thing?

Remember, it's news, not olds.

Maybe Rui's recommended map of the month with some description about it? Just 1 map which Rui's gives some good description about what he likes about the maps and gives some credit to other maps, and not just the top 10 dls.

This is actually a great idea. Maybe add a section called "Rui Recommends" where instead of the same map list you would get one of each resources with a short description about the given resource.

Level 18
Well maps are the crux of Warcraft III modding. Of course models, skins, and icons are important... but they would be nothing without maps.

I like the idea of Top 10 downloaded maps. I also like the idea of somehow fitting other resources in as well though. Why not have a "featured" resource from the skins, icons, and models section each month? One that stands out from the rest and has a high rating/monthly download count? That would be nice.

*EDIT*

I'd recommend these for the top model. Blood Elf Crusader and Gnome Hero.

These would be my candidates for skins: Human Mage, Lightning Knight, and Naga Slave Master.

For Icons, Magic Bronze Armor, Phoenix, Upgrade Axe, and Advanced Mage Armor.

Level 12
The only Suggestion i have, that would interest me, is to show maybe 1-2 maps that have gone up the most % wise in DLs the that month. or last what ever. So it would show the maps that are making the most progress or what not. That way you could still show the successful maps and the maps that are rising up.

But you do show hosted projects. Like you showed mine. so that's sorta the same concept.

Level 14
But, Septimus, if there is no map what is the point of skins, icons and models? There is no point. They are all made so they can enhance the map, ergo they are nothing without a map. A map is still something without them.

I agree that they should be on this News Batch, but I also agree that they are nothing without maps.

Level 16
But, Septimus, if there is no map what is the point of skins, icons and models? There is no point. They are all made so they can enhance the map, ergo they are nothing without a map. A map is still something without them.

I agree that they should be on this News Batch, but I also agree that they are nothing without maps.

True.
If you have a good concept and good triggers, you can make a epic map without imports.
But if you lack the concept and triggers, tons of imports still wont make your map good.

Level 14
But it's supposed to be news not olds. If you want to restrict yourself to maps it would be better if you chose 3-5 maps each month which you would recommend and write a short description of each map. That way there is something different every month.

Level 19
I have a request to maybe like, make the news a bit more interesting? Like make it as if it's really like a News Channel, Radio or Newspaper, and there'll be more stuff, you're not doing bad right now, just ideas on improvements... =) Hehe... I won't mind adding a News Tunes button, like in certain Radio Stations, maybe even a DJ crew, gossip section, something about what's going on in reality and such... I hope I'm not asking too much...

PS: Omg I really love to read the News section, hope you don't mind about my requests...

Status
Not open for further replies.