• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

December News Batch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
decembernewsbatchvi5.png
Artwork by Samwise (sonofthestorm.com)
Opening...
with Rui (Development Director)

Hello folks. We apologize for not having brought you the news batch sooner. Archian, our Art & Site Director, made this wonderful image you see above(check the bottom right of the image) but nobody took the initiative of actually posting the news, so I guess I will, like last time.
I thought of bringing a topic of discussion to the news batch, which concerned the moderator status. However, it's Christmas, and I'd rather have less serious matters today. In this news batch we bring, as always, the latest updates of the Hive's hosted projects!I'll take the chance to thank Hawkwing on behalf of the administration for his job here on the Hive Workshop.
Merry Christmas, and (if that's the case) happy vacation!

Opening picture by Samwise. News batch content by Rui.
"Wc3:WoW" is an artificial World of Warcraft using the Warcraft III engine. Like in the MMORPG, you are allowed to choose your race and class, and you can visit places of the world of Azeroth as you well know it!So far, the leader, Craka_J, has been remaking Orgrimmar yet again, to make it "fit a more actual size". You can view screenshots here!
EDIT: P.S. – We forgot to inform: Bob27 and MadseN have joined the Wc3:WoW terraining team! Craka_J also said the team was pushing hard to release something on Christmas Day, and that they're needing a JASS coder to replace BoneBreaker, who's quiting sometime after the end of this year.

The award-winning "Reinventing the Craft" aims to add functionally to Warcraft III, and make it less limited, such as adding new natives and destroying the player limit!Unfortunately, the 1.22 patch destroyed most of the work done by MindWorX and SFilip. However, SFilip told the Hive news that RtC "has been worked on in the past few months", informing also that the RtC team "already fixed most of the stuff patch 1.22 destroyed". The project still needs, however, a proof-of-concept map, which shouldn't take long depending on how well the tests run.

The other projects did not contact us until the closing of this edition.

Did you know...?
attachment.php
The skin "Shandris", by Black_Stan, is the Hive's top downloaded texture, with nearly 5 thousand downloads! It has been used in various maps, and has a rating of 5 (Highly Recommended) by eight people!

In download count, the skin is followed by "Iron Raven", a re-skin for the Warden, while "HeroAvatarFlame" is Black_Stan's next top rated texture.

Black_Stan has a total of 11 textures uploaded in the Hive Workshop, with an average rating of 4,78 approximately, and an average of 12 comments per skin.

The things they say...

Mecheon
Site Rules Enforcer

"If you say Mecheon 3 times into a mirror after midnight I might appear and yell at you for a while"
On the Chat

Rising_Dusk

"I am going to drive you into the ground (...)"

In "Map Submission Moderators" (19-Dec-2008)

Rui
Development Director

"And girls complain about their periods..."
On the Chat (20-Dec-2008)

General Frank
Art Director

"I neg repped him and will ban him if he fucks me again."
On the Chat (21-Dec-2008)

zombie2279

"why is Rising so distant from the community? D:"

On the Chat (24-Dec-2008)

EDIT2: SentryIII wanted this to be posted on the front news page, but I didn't see his request until now.
SentryIII has uploaded in Revver Online Video Sharing Network a series of videos which consist of various maps reviews, including Battleships and the indestructible DotA Allstars! Check it out here!

Last edited:
Level 2
Aside from the fact that it really isn't Archian's art (more like he ripped it and added some shadows and snow), good news batch. Merry Christmas.

Level 17
Happy X-Mas =:D

And that picture is so scary, I feel sorry for the guy in the middle who ever it's supposed to be, cause that wont turn out to something good.. (Just look at how they are looking at the poor dope...)

*shifty eyes*

"If you say Mecheon 3 times into a mirror after midnight I might appear and yell at you for a while"
It doesn't work with mirrors but it does work with windows... He will pop up at the other side... lucky I have double windows so I didn't hear a thing. ^^

Any new hosted projects coming?

I don't think we'll be having any new ones until Starcraft II is out.

Best news ever. And Archian's drawing is cute. yay :D

Those images are actually from the World of Warcraft site. Of course Archian did some Warcraft III / Hiveworkshop tweaks.

Last edited:
Level 36
What a terrible post.

What a terrible user.

Hooray for sound arguments.

As for the post, my favourite section was definitely the highly inappropriate quotes? WHAT were you thinking Rui?! Do you think it makes the Staff look good by posting the most aggressive quotes you could fine? We all sound like bitter angry individuals the way you put it.

Level 8
Thanks for promoting my video review. It took me almost a year to make and I wanted to share with the world the awesome stuff that the modding communities have been making for this game. It would be great if everyone shared the video with your friends as well! :D

Level 34
Talking about Christmas and New Year; Where's that damn snow they promised us? I want to javascript (make) angels in them.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year all.

PS: Am I now allowed to use my infamous Christmas avatar?

Status
Not open for further replies.