• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

November News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
icons_902_btn.jpg

November News

Hello there, everybody.
Today is the 1st of November, and Christmas is here in 2 months, more or less! With this announcement I wish to promote the Hive's projects – with all the drama that has been flowing, we completely forgot about them!

First of all, though, if you haven't noticed, there are new Map Development rules, and you can view them here. They are, from now on, the new code of conduct for everybody to follow when posting there, and they have immediate effect.
They are dated as the 18th of October because that's when I first sketched them.

P.S. – Don't forget that you can support the Hive by clicking on the Make a Donation button, located on the top left of the window, under the "Chat" link.
P.P.S. – Have you voted for the Hive yet?^^

P.P.P.S - Wolverabid is in debt and need some help to get up again. Please consider reading this thread.

Hive's Project Updates

Warcraft 3: World of Warcraft (Wc3:WoW)
(click on the image to access the forum)
"Wc3:WoW" is now counting with the participations of BoneBreaker, Hawkwing, and Skrab!
For now, Wc3:WoW is aiming to fix the heap of bugs in order to make BETA testing smoother and more pleasing. Because of this, the Inventory & Equipment system has been thrown to the second place on the list of priorities. Craka_J promises to have it done as soon as he fixes a good number of bugs.

The Kingdom of Kaliron
(click on the image to access the forum)
"The Kingdom of Kaliron", by Vexen.X, is an ORPG that has recently grown in popularity.
According to Venex.X, the game is reaching the final stage of game content: it seems the last boss and quest chain will be tested this weekend!
After this, the hero classes will be reworked, suffering a few adjustments and balance changes. Re-itemization will also be in the order.

Requiem of the Gods
(click on the image to access the forums)
Hot news for "Requiem of the Gods"! Its creator, Steelb_l_ade, is working on an offshot by the name "ROTG FFA" which is a redesign of the original to an 8 player FFA with news modes, monsters, and magic!

The other projects don't have news or did not contact me until the closing of this edition. I was planning on interviewing SFilip regarding Reinventing the Craft (which was recently thrown back to square zero due to Blizzard's patch update). He did not contact me yet and these news are already late, so I'll have to leave the interview for another time.

Did you know...?
maps_16814_preview.jpg
"The Lone Panther", the first part of the new The Lone Panther cinematic series by CMarket is our top most (well) rated resource on the entire Map Section.
The second part of these new series has been delayed due to the absence of voice actor Scyth-Master. The author of Sect of the Holy Mother has already found a replacement and, according to himself, the second part might be available by Monday or Tuesday.
You can find screenshots at CMarket's Terrain Showcase or post contributory feedback on the Sect of the Holy Mother & The Lone Panther thread.

EDIT: It seems some people see a scrollbar on the image, I apologize for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 14
Aero, this really isn't the place to discuss this and considering recent history let's please try not to open a flame war on this thread.

Rui, you had a great idea and you made it happen. Although this might seem like a minor act, it still is a good one. I hope to see more acts from you which can only make the Hive more professional and better for everyone.

Level 37
Because no one have actually answered to my question, I still have to repeat it with some extra questions;
  • Is it possible to have more hosted projects in near future?
  • Are there coming any new hosted projects?
  • Is it possible to have my campaign to be hosted project when it's in beta stage(hopefully in Christmas)?

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
You forgot to mention that we've posted our official policy regarding affiliate applications. For your consideration, please review this thread: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f97/affiliate-application-105211/

Also, we expect to release new sections of the HiveWorkshop in the near future.
And perhaps even sooner than expected.

Usually I would have taken as much time as needed to ensure the features is as great, balanced, and polished as possible before release.

But due to the recent troubles, I see no use to lengthen the process.

So, you may find more interesting updates coming up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.