• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jump Parabola with LocationZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey i'm searchnig a parabola for a jump if have the x/y/z coordinates of the start and the end point
with the normal parabola function it doesn't land at the target point :/
here a pic:
Parabola.jpg

Level 6
You should use GetLocationZ in any case, since it still works properly with different cliff-levels.
Not completely true.
LocationZ is buggy at cliffs since it calculates the wrong height. Either the upper one when its already on the lower side or the other way round. Never correctly.

About your jumping formula: Why don't you ease it up? Use vectors for a projectile, permanently add the gravitation (0/0/-9.81) and your missile will do the most natural movement (it works very well on my jumping spells). Go to wikipedia.org if you don't know vectors.:wink:

Level 19
Not completely true.
LocationZ is buggy at cliffs since it calculates the wrong height. Either the upper one when its already on the lower side or the other way round. Never correctly.

LocationZ is fine but flying units have some kind of smoothing which fucks it up
use units with ground pathing and storm crow form instead

edit:
I'll make a tutorial about parabola stuff
if you want to know something feel free to ask me
(I'll also add the parabola for different starting and end height)

edit:
Tutorial finished
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/miscellaneous-tutorials-456/about-movement-172309/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.