• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

JonNnys RPG Open Source

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Its my latest Project, a big Multiplayer RPG
unfortunately i quit Wc3 and this Project is cancelled.

This Demo contains arround 15-20 minutes of quite finished Gameplay

Nevertheless i think this Open Source Map can give many others good ideas or be helpful in any way.

Here are some small impressions

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

To note what it really contains :

- 6 Champions / 22 Abilities

-Gashing Slash
-Calculated Strike
-Combat Outrage
-Deathwish

-Untouchable
-Stone Smash
-Giantic Strength
-Rockwave <3

-Voodoo Ward
-Dark Ritual
-Revealed Foibles
-Ancestors Blessing

-Jainas Blessing
-Stealing Shot
-Magic Missiles
-Last Hope

-Power Shot
-Great Aiming
-Focussed Arrows
-[Ultimate not done yet]

-Holy Wave
-Justice
-[3rd Spell not finished]
-Reversy Polarity

- Systems :
~Item /Equipment System
~Damage System
~Cinematic System
~Shop System
~Smite System
~Spawn System
~Drop System
~and many more small usefull things (Lightning System , Dummy System , ...)

- Cinematics :
~3 small Cinematics

- Items :
~2 Sets + Upgrades so far [over 30 Items ]

- Other small Stuff

For more information look here

Keywords:
Open, Source, Demo, RPG, Spells, Items, Systems, Code, Idea, Ideas, Template, JonNny
Contents

JonNnys RPG Open Source (Map)

Reviews
20:17, 27th Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected Great map, great systems, but not finished by far.

M

20:17, 27th Jul 2010
ap0calypse: Rejected

Great map, great systems, but not finished by far.

Level 6
Its cancelled, but I really think I should have been in the map development section even if it is cancelled.

Level 15
I read the generell map rules and they say nothing about unfinished maps.
When uploading there was mention that WIPs are not allowed.

but due this RPG is cancelled and has already arround 20 minutes of quite finished Gameplay i would rather call it a Demo than a Work in Process.
Dont judge from its crappy Preview, please test and judge again

and as mentioned the main part of uploading was to publish the Open Source
and to be honest, in Map Developement it would go under within a few days

Edit : Advanced Description a bit

I read the generell map rules and they say nothing about unfinished maps.
Here check these*:
Credit:

In order to upload a resource, you must have some part in the creation of the resource. All other authors and sources must be properly cited.
Functionality:
All submissions must have a minimal amount of errors. If it does not function properly in-game it will not be accepted.
Completion:
Resources must be completed. For works in progress, post in the relevant forum, or the Pastebin.
Gameplay:
Maps must be fairly fun and decently balanced.
Presentation:
Maps must have adequate spelling and grammar. Maps must contain a valid author and map name. Maps must contain a proper description of what the map is about.

*Map Rules (some ofc, there are still few more)

Level 31
It is in map development and map section so read everything and judge it before you judge it idiots.....

Everyone else read the rules and test the map instead of being a whiny little kid.

1st of all, If you want to troll, go elsewhere.

2nd, this is hiveworkshop and not epicwar.com. If we allowed all kind of map to be accepted, the entire database would be full of crap. That is why we have the rules.

The rules are often change from time to time to improve the standard of map section.

3rd, the entire rules was re-wrote where all those common sense part are entirely removes. If you basically have no idea what I mean, read this thread. Click Here

The rules are often changes from times to times. As for this rules, we have no idea which mod/staff are the one responsible for the changes of it.

4th, submit incomplete map at map section are pointless because you are given your map towards player and not map maker. Player play your map, they simply does not download your map to edit it and to complete it.

5th, your map would be forgotten at map section as well if your map was buried under a hundred pages of maps list. So it is non-sense to say your map would only be forgotten only at map development section.

That is all, oh one more thing Crewdroy, Crave., light bolt30 and -Kobas- if you ever quit warcraft and submit maps in the map development of your uncompleted work, wouldn't you feel bad that it would never be viewed ever again and would be forgotten forever or deleted? I for one would.

6th, you start to create the map and it is your responsibility to do it till the end. If you quit, you have nobody to be blame apart from yourself. Why should other people take the blame if you yourself are the one who create the map and decide to quit all the sudden.

If you feel bad about it, it serves you right for quitting the project.

Ever heard the famous quote like "a winner never quits and a quitter never wins".

Level 15
Completion:
Resources must be completed. For works in progress, post in the relevant forum, or the Pastebin.

Yes but as mentioned the beginning IS quite finished.
All relevant Systems are done, a minimum of 6 Champions are done, enough items exist, there are some Cinematics , there are some creeps ect.

The main point would be the unfinished Story and its Terrain.

but there are already 15-20 minutes of Gameplay.

And just for my interest, did anyone of the persons who reportet the map have tested it ?!

Level 31
and btw, these are exactly the comments i mean.

so far noone said something really related to the map.
only to the fact that it seems uncomplete.

The main problem would be your description.

unfortunately i quit Wc3 and this Project is cancelled.

somehow they might have test your map, but they does not elaborate further about the map due to this statement of your.

It just like someone have tests a spells at spells section, but the spells code and everything was soo terrible that it isn't worth to be mention why it was unacceptable apart from saying it break the rules.

As for this issues, it seems like you say your map was being incomplete. Thus, they might not elaborate further about whats make your map good/bad since they knew this map are going to be rejected sooner or later.

To top up with, since you say the project already been cancelled; telling you whats wrong with the map are partically useless since you won't be fixing the bugs.

I recommend you to use a proper structure for your description and tell people which part of the map are deem to be incomplete to avoid misunderstanding.

Level 31
Why do I even waste my time responding to idiots in order to try to help someone out with all these idiots spamming " OH LOOK! its not completed so you break the rules and I report you!!! ahha."

Seriously not worth my time anymore.

Also Septimus in order to call me a troll your the troll. - It takes a troll to know a troll.

Some people do download maps just to edit them, just in-case you can't figure it out, some things you say are incorrect.

1st, my post was merely stating the facts.

2nd, there is always a report button to report unacceptable post. If you condemn my post to be unacceptable, just click report button.

3rd, map maker who download map would only edit the map if they deem it to be worthy enough to be edit. Ordinary player would just download and play it, they won't edit it.

4th, map could only be edited into 2 ways. To the better or to the worst, experience map maker seldom edit others people work unless the quality proves to be tremendously excellent and worth to be work on.

I rarely seen any edited map are edited into a much better quality than the origin map. They are often edited to the worst.

5th, as I say. You have nobody to be blame if you quit what you did.

Why do I even waste my time responding to idiots in order to try to help someone out with all these idiots spamming " OH LOOK! its not completed so you break the rules and I report you!!! ahha."

Seriously not worth my time anymore.

Also Septimus in order to call me a troll your the troll. - It takes a troll to know a troll.

Some people do download maps just to edit them, just in-case you can't figure it out, some things you say are incorrect.
Don't call Septimus troll at first place, he is maybe the most helpful person here... (we speak about Map Section)
You should read his comments first, you will see that he only want to help!

Also do any of you know what map report means and why we use it?
I guess not!

I didn't rated map, I didn't vote for rejection I reported it instead to moderators so they can check it!
If they find this map acceptable fine, if they reject it fine again!

Level 28
WarManta: watch your language, I have given you -2 rep, as you obviously deserve that.
These people are not "idiots", in fact: they are merely following the rules and by that, they are helpful.

The rules have indeed been rewritten and I do not know the details of why this rule was removed, but I will still enforce it.
Incompleted maps (yes, -JonNny, the beginning is complete, but we're talking about the overall map here) are supposed to be in Map Development, where it can be placed for further development, even if YOU aren't the one working on it.

I've read the description and the systems you've pointed out are very useful in most RPG's.
The systems and spells really ARE amazing and function very well in-game.
The game is more than decent and contains a healthy amount of subtle humor (the gnoll book for example, I love those silly things in RPG's: does not interrupt the game at all and is very enjoyable).

I would most definitely play this if you were to keep working on it, but unfortunately that doesn't seem likely.
I would either advice you to turn this into a template (for JASSers), as the systems you have provided in this map are, as said before, amazing, yet it can contain a lot more information.
Or you can opt to let someone else continue this project, find a trustworthy person who shares similar ideas/humor and can code pretty well (very low chance to find someone like that, but there's bound to be someone like this out here).

Since the gameplay is only about 5% finished, I cannot approve it as it is now.

If I may say one last thing: putting this out here as a template is as dangerous as it is useful.
Since everything is pre-coded, some people think they don't have to do a lot of other stuff and just leave it this way, creating a horrible map with a bit of good coding: your coding.

Level 15
Hmm.. ok
thanks that you like it, i spend quite much time working on it
so its a pity this gets rejected

and just to mention. just search for the key "template" or whatsoever
Approved things like this (btw appr. by you) are way not that useull as this map in my opinion..

becuase i look at my map more like a very usefull Template to start with or continue
and not focussing on the unfinished story due the rest is kind finished and story is unneccessary for a template

i mean, what is the "Template" Category else for? flat terrain with nothing else ?! should i remove my script to get this approved or what D:

Level 28
Your map is useful, that's what I said as well :p
But it's more an incomplete map than a template, if this would be a template then you could see 10 maps with nearly the exact same beginning, that would be... weird.
That's where terrain templates come in: they're very versatile and can be adapted to a lot of different genres.

If someone who is trying to make his own RPG does not have the same style as you do, you end up with a severe split in gameplay style after the murlocs.
I consider the systems (which you have summed up in the description) to be a lot more useful than the unfinished game if you're creating a template, so at the moment this map is neither a finished RPG, nor a finished template.
If you do want to keep the same style as you maintained, then you should find someone who would bother to try to finish the RPG, as it's certainly worth it.

Edit: also, the terrain template you pointed out got approved with a 2/5 rating, that's a pretty sad rating, in fact: that's the lowest approval rating there is, usually 2/5 is set to "Needs fix".
If your map were actually a specific type and not a blend between 2 incompatible types, it'd certainly have a lot higher rating.