• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What's with the new resource rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 40
The problem with that, other than people not actually following common sense, is that resources often have rules not generally related to common sense (copypasta rule for skins, no cJass [unless this was changed recently] rule for spells, etc). Unless all of these were removed (and I have reason to believe they weren't) this is problematic.

Level 40
These are way less transparent; transparency means revealing how you do things, and by removing any hint of what the actual rules are you have totally removed transparency.

Edit: For reference, I see that there are more detailed pages in the background, but I am referring to these pages, which are the first I came across when looking for rules, and I didn't originally think to click "Full resource rules" since the link makes it sound like it goes to the links for model, icon, etc, rules.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Yeah, that "summary" of the rules is ridiculous. There's no indication of what's allowed and what's not, besides it being finished, coloured and shaded. It pretty much makes it the moderators job to tell people what the general rules are.

Not to mention it looks very little serious or important. It looks like an interviewer has gone about asking people what they think are the rules for submitting skins, and then picked the most popular ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.