1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Java Refresh

Submitted by Cries
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This tool originates from here

Code Format: Java App
Version: 0.1.0.0B
Note: This beta is limited

Usage:
- Double click the "Java Refresh.jar" when you hosted a game and it will take care of rest.

Arguments:
- If you want the todates most advanced refresh method, here it is.
- Java says it all.

This application is designed to refresh your game faster and with less spam then any other refresher.

Features
-The todates most advanced refresh method
-Massive decreas in join/leave messages when refreshing.
-Can be ran on more platforms then the game client can it self.
-Command in lobby to shut it down ".stop"

Requirements:
- Java installed

Please report any bugs discovered

Keywords:
best #1 java refresh advanced the pro tuck
Contents

Java Refresh (Binary)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Aug/26 20:59:41 Comment: [Approved] Staff Contact - Rules
  1. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    This has no sense then, has it? (Why running a tool for a game you can't run?)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  2. Cries

Cries

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    try to make some more sense yourself.

the host can type ".stop" in lobby to force shutdown the refresher.

"why running a tool for a game you can't run?" lolwut? java works everywhere i've seen. w3client doesnt if thats what your saying, and obv you use this for the game not without the game.

edit: for some reason hive image upload blured the text i wrote a bit, heres the picture un blured: http://a.imageshack.us/img683/788/wc3scrnshot082210212036.png

3. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Wrong quote, post edited.

4. Cries

Cries

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    It's a feature, and who would use a warcraft iii tool without having warcraft iii sometimes commen logic answer your questions faster then the creator.

5. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    You are contradicting yourself. Nobody would run a tool which is for a game he can't play.
    And so this is not a feature, is it?

6. Cries

Cries

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    the feature was to show how many platforms it will run on, It have the compability to run on more platforms then the game client have it self. THE COMPABILITY.

now srsly sir if thats not enough of a answer ur logic is to low and i wont bother.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2012
  7. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I think you take the whole compactiblity thing to serious. You should just say "runs on every platform". And stop offending, I was trying to help.

8. Cries

Cries

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    i never offended you.. but i just used 3 posts now 4, to explain what i wrote with the same i wrote just a tad different words. so srsly if you think it's bad java can run on more systems then the wc3 client can then good for you.

9. OrangeAngel

OrangeAngel

Resources:
    Resources:
    I cant seem to find Java Refresh.jar -.-

10. Cries

Cries

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    your suppose to click the "Click here to download Java Refresh.jar (14.29 KB, 5 Downloads)"

11. Hero_Lief

Hero_Lief

Resources:
    Resources:
    "Officially" anyways. It's untrue, because using WINE, Warcraft III can be run with a platinum rating; as long as you use the AcceptEx patch there are absolutely no problems playing.

Oh, and I just tested it on Linux. It doesn't even open.

12. Cries

Cries

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    don't even talk if you dont know what prompt operating systems are. and it doesnt open cus it's a prompt program open it with cmd line. if you want to "se it"

damm people on here know nothing pathetic.. facts are facts.

13. Hero_Lief

Hero_Lief

Resources:
    Resources:
    I did open it with terminal. I got an error stating that I didn't mark it as executable, however I did.

edit: Then, after redownloading it 5 times, it finally recognized it was executable, though it gave me an error, stating:
    Code (Text):

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: /home/alex/Desktop/JavaRefresh/jar
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: .home.alex.Desktop.JavaRefresh.jar
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
    Could not find the main class: /home/alex/Desktop/JavaRefresh.jar. Program will exit.

edit2: Nevermind, I got it working, forgot that in terminal you need to say "java -jar" and then the filepath. Now then, it insists on using port 6112. Is there any argument we can use to modify it? My router refuses to open 6112, so I have to resort to 6113.

14. Cries

Cries

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    not yet sry i coded this in a hour just to test this new refresh idea, will add arguments when i got the time

15. Kwah

Kwah

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Doesn't Emacs have a command for that?

Anyway, I think it's safe to assume that you can get Java to run on pretty much everything if you try hard enough.

Will test tool eventually.

Now everyone calm down and stop with the being morons. Back on-topic and whatnot.

16. Ironside

Ironside

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Application checked for any backdoor, seems safe, the tool works very well too. Overall it's very useful for game hosts.

I see no reason why this shouldn't be approved....

I vote for approved, rating 4/5.

17. yubiyoy

yubiyoy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Link broken.

18. commoe

commoe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sigh. A hope of being able to have an autorefresher that doesnt spam the hell out of your game, and the link is broken. </3