• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Java Refresh

Reactions: OrangeAngel
This tool originates from here

Code Format: Java App
Version: 0.1.0.0B
Note: This beta is limited

Usage:
- Double click the "Java Refresh.jar" when you hosted a game and it will take care of rest.

Arguments:
- If you want the todates most advanced refresh method, here it is.
- Java says it all.

This application is designed to refresh your game faster and with less spam then any other refresher.

Features
-The todates most advanced refresh method
-Massive decreas in join/leave messages when refreshing.
-Can be ran on more platforms then the game client can it self.
-Command in lobby to shut it down ".stop"

Requirements:
- Java installed

Please report any bugs discovered

Keywords:
best #1 java refresh advanced the pro tuck
Contents

Java Refresh (Binary)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Aug/26 20:59:41 Comment: [Approved] Staff Contact - Rules
Level 5
This has no sense then, has it? (Why running a tool for a game you can't run?)

try to make some more sense yourself.

the host can type ".stop" in lobby to force shutdown the refresher.

"why running a tool for a game you can't run?" lolwut? java works everywhere i've seen. w3client doesnt if thats what your saying, and obv you use this for the game not without the game.

edit: for some reason hive image upload blured the text i wrote a bit, heres the picture un blured: http://a.imageshack.us/img683/788/wc3scrnshot082210212036.png

Level 5
You are contradicting yourself. Nobody would run a tool which is for a game he can't play.
And so this is not a feature, is it?

the feature was to show how many platforms it will run on, It have the compability to run on more platforms then the game client have it self. THE COMPABILITY.

now srsly sir if thats not enough of a answer ur logic is to low and i wont bother.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
I think you take the whole compactiblity thing to serious. You should just say "runs on every platform". And stop offending, I was trying to help.

i never offended you.. but i just used 3 posts now 4, to explain what i wrote with the same i wrote just a tad different words. so srsly if you think it's bad java can run on more systems then the wc3 client can then good for you.

Level 12
-Can be ran on more platforms then the game client can it self.

"Officially" anyways. It's untrue, because using WINE, Warcraft III can be run with a platinum rating; as long as you use the AcceptEx patch there are absolutely no problems playing.

Oh, and I just tested it on Linux. It doesn't even open.

Level 5
"Officially" anyways. It's untrue, because using WINE, Warcraft III can be run with a platinum rating; as long as you use the AcceptEx patch there are absolutely no problems playing.

Oh, and I just tested it on Linux. It doesn't even open.

don't even talk if you dont know what prompt operating systems are. and it doesnt open cus it's a prompt program open it with cmd line. if you want to "se it"

damm people on here know nothing pathetic.. facts are facts.

Level 12
I did open it with terminal. I got an error stating that I didn't mark it as executable, however I did.

edit: Then, after redownloading it 5 times, it finally recognized it was executable, though it gave me an error, stating:
Code:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: /home/alex/Desktop/JavaRefresh/jar
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: .home.alex.Desktop.JavaRefresh.jar
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
Could not find the main class: /home/alex/Desktop/JavaRefresh.jar. Program will exit.

edit2: Nevermind, I got it working, forgot that in terminal you need to say "java -jar" and then the filepath. Now then, it insists on using port 6112. Is there any argument we can use to modify it? My router refuses to open 6112, so I have to resort to 6113.

Level 5
I did open it with terminal. I got an error stating that I didn't mark it as executable, however I did.

edit: Then, after redownloading it 5 times, it finally recognized it was executable, though it gave me an error, stating:
Code:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: /home/alex/Desktop/JavaRefresh/jar
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: .home.alex.Desktop.JavaRefresh.jar
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
Could not find the main class: /home/alex/Desktop/JavaRefresh.jar. Program will exit.

edit2: Nevermind, I got it working, forgot that in terminal you need to say "java -jar" and then the filepath. Now then, it insists on using port 6112. Is there any argument we can use to modify it? My router refuses to open 6112, so I have to resort to 6113.

not yet sry i coded this in a hour just to test this new refresh idea, will add arguments when i got the time

Level 24
Doesn't Emacs have a command for that?

Anyway, I think it's safe to assume that you can get Java to run on pretty much everything if you try hard enough.

Will test tool eventually.

Now everyone calm down and stop with the being morons. Back on-topic and whatnot.