• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Jassless Map, not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone.

It's been over 2 years since i've posted, but I'll get right down to it.

I have someone who is going to be building a totally custom map with me from the ground up, and I just thought I'd get a refresher today by opening up my old maps....

Seems that 1.24 has done more harm than good.

My old map, in its "unoptimized state" opens in the world editor, but does not launch in the game, and creates a sort of "Start Game" loop in the Menus.

i've actually also tried making a normal old melee map with nothing on it, and that fails to even save, because of script errors.

Tell me, do I need to reinstall the whole thing?
Is it that (I've heard this somewhere) that 1.24 breaks the OS X version of the world editor?

Anyway, please help!
The futute depends on it!

Level 11
I do not own a Mac OS X so I can't say if it's true or not, but patch 1.24 only did 3 things the users should be aware when map making.

1. The Return Bug fix
2. The Interger Cache fix
3. The Negatives = Positive Fix

If you did nothing of the 3 above, reinstall the game, or try opening it up with the world editor and try copy and pasting the error message it gets.

Level 12
Have you extracted the miscdata.txt from your war3Patch.mpq and placed it in UI folder in your Warcraft 3 directory? When patching, replace the old miscdata.txt with the new one, extracted from the most recent war3Patch.mpq.
(Everyone who can make hills almost 90 degrees would have done this and need to replace it)

By the way - Every map contains JASS. GUI is a user friendly cover up of JASS.

I'm sure that no one has been using the search tool lately. There has been about 5 different posts about the patch breaking maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.