• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

JASS Section Needs Active Moderators ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
JASS section needs 3 actives moderators ;o.

Reply to this thread with a suggestion on who you think would be a good moderator so that admins know who to contact about the positions =). The more suggestions the better, this way we can get the 3 mod positions filled out asap.

I contacted the admins about the JASS section issue already, so hopefully one will see this thread and check it out ; P.

Let other people know about this thread so that they can reply to it with their suggestions. The suggested person should know JASS, vJASS, Zinc, Lua, and various tools as well as why not to use cJASS (the bugs specific to it). They should also know OOP (workings in background), Event Recursion, what all of the features of vJASS outputs (struct output, interface output, and etc), and various ways to create interfaces (via module, etc). Really, they should be a mastah >: D, people we can all call sensei ; P.

Last edited:
Level 17
I think the JASS area is fine, you seem to be forgetting that people have lives and cannot always be online 24/7 to help out. There are users that you can talk to (if you can find them) that are willing to help on the site, we don't really need anymore moderators at this current time.

Level 31
I think the JASS area is fine, you seem to be forgetting that people have lives and cannot always be online 24/7 to help out. There are users that you can talk to (if you can find them) that are willing to help on the site, we don't really need anymore moderators at this current time.

The JASS section currently has 0 active moderators... I wouldn't be putting up this thread otherwise.

Do you know how many submissions there are now in the JASS section? 42.

Do you know how many resources there are that are approved? 70

The submissions are continuing to grow because there are currently 0 active moderators. Azlier was active for awhile, but he doesn't even code anymore, making his decisions depend entirely on some of the coders reviews.

The fact is that the JASS area is not fine in the slightest. This doesn't have to do with people having lives, this has to do with the fact that there are 0 people moderating it right now.

Hm....I wonder who would know all those languages? Maybe, Nestharus? Oh wait.

Very subtle.

While I'm flattered, I don't want the job.

Level 19
Hmm... Having Mods to help out would be great too, maybe we'll try finding somebody who'll volunteer and has time, or we could try helping out when we do.

Level 31
Hmm... Having Mods to help out would be great too, maybe we'll try finding somebody who'll volunteer and has time, or we could try helping out when we do.

Most of the moderators aren't qualified for the position. The fact is that very few people on THW are qualified.

Need to find qualified people who are willing to spend time reviewing the resources.

In the resources, bad feedback is worse than no feedback at all as it wastes everyone's time ; ). It's best to get straight to the center of the matter, clearly and precisely.

JASS resource section is not the place to ask questions on how to do things =). It's a harsh and brutal land that requires people who have mastered the elements to command those about them and protect them from angry barbarians >: O.

Furthermore, you will have to deal with people like me. The majority of JASS resources and Lua resources in the section are written by me (almost all of the lua is mine). Azlier might have given up after I constantly flooded him with sometimes 5 new resources a day. It's a stressful job that demands lots ; P.

You will also be the deciding factor in new standards. You will decide which thing gets approved and which thing gets rejected (even if the code is perfect, it might be rejected regardless). It took a long time for UnitIndexer to get accepted as there were already 2 major unit indexing standards. It was rejected at TH and wc3c, not because it was inferior in any way to the current resources (it was by far superior), but because there were already standards in place. You will have to deal with these difficult scenarios as a JASS Resource Moderator.

Believe me, I will be submitting some major controversial systems soon (things that've already been done) and will be asking that systems submitted by other authors that are largely popular** get sent to the graveyard (as their chances of ever being updated are nil).

Status
Not open for further replies.