• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

JASS in Notepad++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
lmao, I deleted the repo, hahaha

I have them, I just gotta search for them. I have the cpp project that generates the stuff and so on if you want to continue it (I only did some of it).

notepad++ can't handle //! vs // and a few other things :\

I have a parser thing in Antlr if you want to work on something for Eclipse (it uses Antlr)

Level 15
I was given a copy of the style and autocomplete files, but for some reason the autocomplete doesn't work. So I am using your vJASS language file for highlighting, but I am using someone else's autocompletion file for vJass.

No idea what CPP is or Antlr. I guess I'm a little late to the party.

I was just going to generate my own xml using Python, but there's no documentation it seems for how to make a Notepad++ xml (highlighting or autocompletion).

But there's this whole exciting thing of a new TESH in WEditor. I guess that's why nobody has been using the Notepad++ stuff?

Level 15
Many thanks Nestharus! This Notepad++ project is a life saver. I hope more vJassers make use of your work!

With the instructions you gave with NppExec, there is only one problem. If I try to save a script to the map which has a FileImport line, the script won't be saved or written to the map. I suspect perhaps this is because it is only writing the script and not actually able to call external commands without being in the world editor? What it means is, in order to use Lua scripts that make use of custom models, I need to go into the map and run the import scripts, then comment it out. Then run the code import from Notepad++. A small inconvenience.

I am not sure if I would consider completing the autocomplete, as it appears all the arguments are shown for every function, which is all someone familiar with vJASS needs. But from my reading one of the intents was for the project to help beginners?

In any case I think putting the description in hand is a bit slow--I would crawl the hive workshop forums and find the descriptions of each of the natives themselves, though this certainly wouldn't work for the more obscure ones.

@pred1980

The vJass.xml is not the language file, but the autocomplete file which needs to be placed in plugs\\api\\

The vJass Style file is the language file you can import when going to "Define your own language."

Status
Not open for further replies.