• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jack & Annie Assasination Cinematic

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Jack and Annie decide to assassinate a grey haired politican with Morgan and Merlin. Jack and Annie sit at a farside of the road, while Merlin and Morgan hide behind crates behind enemy lines. Somehow, Jack spilled coffee on the grass and ran off to find pinesol, along with Annie, jeopardizing their mission. THey arrive back in the nick of time to accidently kill Morgan, and Merlin, and the Grey Bearded politician.

UPdated 4x

Oh and if you can find a treasure box, that's the pine sol. I made it really small, let me know where you find it =P You have to look for it during the cinematic.

(Hints : It has gold coins in it like any item box...)

Keywords:
Riflemen, Annie, Jack, Morgan, Merlin, Politican, Knight, Footmen, Peasant, Hidden Pinesol
Contents

Jack & Annie Assasination Cinematic (Map)

Reviews
04:23, 27th Dec 2009 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 2
My first and sucky cinematic ... =P I know there's not much terrain and crud and nothing to do with the actual books, just some random stuff i was doing because Im waiting for CoD Mw2 to come in the mail

Edit: Btw just tell me what I need to work on (probably EVERYTHING =P) But I was trying out some camera movements and stuff I've haven't done on cinematics. I mainly make battle maps. THough I haven't posted any on hive

Level 16
First off this doesn't belong on the hive..Looks like its incompleted. Terrain needs alot of improving and description is very lacking.. Do not post maps that aren't incomplete or no effort been put into it. Read tutorials on cinematics on the hive forums, it'll help you alot.
After reading a few tutorials on the hive you might learn something new and improve the map to greater heights.. I would like to see all the fixes in your next version. I didn't download this yet and will see what others got to say.

Current Status: REJECTED

Level 2
First off this doesn't belong on the hive..Looks like its incompleted. Terrain needs alot of improving and description is very lacking.. Do not post maps that aren't incomplete or no effort been put into it. Read tutorials on cinematics on the hive forums, it'll help you alot.
After reading a few tutorials on the hive you might learn something new and improve the map to greater heights.. I would like to see all the fixes in your next version. I didn't download this yet and will see what others got to say.

Current Status: REJECTED

It took me 6 hours to make this and you're saying little work...

Yeah the terrain may be little, but I was focusing on trying camera movements.

If you actually saw it, you'd see what I was trying to do. And I've read a bunch on cinematics, about terrain and stuff, but the map I was trying to do didn't require much terrain. Just an alleyway with houses, some crates, and soem riflemen to do the job.

And btw ... the map is not incomplete ... just needs some fixing, like I've already said in my previous comment. =)

Thanks for your criticism though, all though you've basically told me in one large paragraph to fix my terrain, and to read tutorials, one, which I've already done.

Edit: And the cinematic takes place in one small place on the map, and if I added too much doodads, etc, like I USUALLY do, it'd interfere with all my stuff. I'm trying to add things right now to improve it, but to make it look really nice, I'd probably make a cinematic that uses more terrain.

Level 16
Sorry bout that but im starting to get into a habit of not downloading maps that does not look appealing to me. I'll download this and will review on it now.

EDIT: Heres what I thought... I believe you are trying to experiment with the camera. It's really poor quality since there isn't much movement at times, but since its your first go I'll give you a 1/5 for trying to do something you've never done before. At first the lines you gave them were pretty funny(abit).

If you can manage to do the camera's right it'll be a very good cinematic. Although the environment feels dull.
Current Status: LACKING

Last edited:
Level 2
Sorry bout that but im starting to get into a habit of not downloading maps that does not look appealing to me. I'll download this and will review on it now.

THanks, and Im just starting into the camera movements, so i just did as best as i could to appeal the requirements in the guides.

Make nice fog ... done (for my cinematic i thought)
rain ... (perfect for assassination attempt)
and couple houses down an alley way, shrub nearby, huge load of crates ... (another assassination thingy =P)

Last of all, Im most worried about the camera movements because I haven't done much, I've read some off of here and off of google just by typing in "how to make warcraft 3 maps, " and picked the first website on the list .

If you don't find the cameras that good (which I dont either, all though Ive done my best on them,) please tell me, you seem like a person who knows a lot about these =P.

Edit: Ill put much more into the terrain, and make more camera movements.

Last edited: