• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] I've got a weird one for you guys... Object Editor refuses to show ability tooltips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So out of nowhere, my World Editor started acting up. I was working on a map that doesn't have any special or strange triggers (no coding, etc...), my Warcraft III is fully-updated, as is my editor, and I've tried re-running the editor with administrator access, as well as downloading Jass NewGen WE and looking there, restarting my computer, and reinstalling Warcraft III altogether, all with the same results--the problem is still there no matter what.

The Problem: In the Object Editor (whether it's on vanilla World Editor or JASS), abilities do not show any tooltips where you'd normally edit their names and descriptions. Furthermore, I can't rename abilities. Unit names, items, upgrades, and everything else still has tooltips--it's just abilities that don't.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    496.6 KB · Views: 42
Level 1
Ah, nevermind. I solved my own problem. Apparently, hitting Ctrl+1,2,3,4,5... shows or hides different portions in the object editor. Why Blizzard thought this was a good idea, iunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.