• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[HD/Misc] ItsRyanBoi's [Voice Editing/Producing/Effects] Workshop

Level 16
RBgK5JM.png

Introduction
Hi my name is, Ryan. I'm a professional Music Producer and Audio Engineer from Victoria, Australia. I've been producing for the past 2+ years. I'd usually charge for my services, however, I've decided to make this a free service on the Hiveworkshop. I say this community holds a special place for me, so I it would only be right for me to offer this exclusive service to those that're creatively creating Warcraft/Starcraft projects here for free!

Will there be a decrease in quality because this is a free service? Absolutely not! However, I do expect my services here to be used for Warcraft/Starcraft projects exclusively!

Voice Editing
Any voice lines that you've recorded can be edited in many ways! You can give yourself a demonic voice, or I could make you sound as angelic as you can be. Or perhaps you just need a clean edit for whatever lines you've recorded. It's up to you really! This service is a quick process, so don't feel bad for sending in a lot of recorded audio for your project.

Sounds & Effects
Those that're looking to have specially created sounds for their project, then look no further! I will create sounds that will fit the theme of your project and action that you're looking for.

If you're interested in this service, please detail what you're looking for! A hard reference track is required for me to get a clear understanding of what you want (Important: I will use sounds similar to or exactly the same as the reference that's provided).

By downloading my work, you're agreeing to the following terms: I will not use this audio for commercial use, unless I contact the creator of the audio (ItsRyanBoi) before doing so. ItsRyanBoi's audio will not be used outside of Hiveworkshop, or for anything that's non Warcraft/Starcraft related, unless I get permission from the creator (ItsRyanBoi) before doing so. Note: Those that re-release any audio here as their own work (ex. Different Name - Into The Night) will be reported.

Kind regards,
Ryan

Hiveworkshop Discography

Warden Voice Edit - DarkWardenVoice - Warden Edit - DarkWardenVoice
Retro Pop - Into The Night
~

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I'll pin this to get it some attention.
Well, it worked. ; )

~~~

Hey there @Its Ryan Boi ! We're glad to have you here on the Hive; all the more because the services you offer are far & away the single-most under-represented elements of modding in Warcraft 3 to date, in my opinion. Just, nobody but nobody does custom voice sets, custom music, etc (well, a few perhaps).

(Part of the problem, honestly, is how hard Blizzard made it to mess around with sound, which is a shame, especially in comparison to how easy it is to mod everything else. But alas)

ANYWAY, got a couple questions for ya:

#1: For Voices: Are you offering primarily editing help, or possibly/also creation?
#1.2: How is your Jamaican accent? : )

#2: For Creating Effects: I presume you refer to the sounds that play during spells & abilities, which, honestly, I'd never thought about before & could really be useful. What do you require to properly create a given sound? (Screenshot, Gif, test map, etc)

#3: For Music, part One: Creating entire new tracks?? Vunderbar. I'm curious how you feel about the Jungle Trolls...
Two: Alternatively, how capable do you feel about mixing two existing pieces of music?

#4: Aside from (of course) crediting you in our projects, how much are you expecting in payment?

#5: y r u so kool bro

~~~

Have a good day!

Level 16
Well, it worked. ; )

1. Editing and creation, however I won't lie I don't think I have the best voice acting. So it'll be heavily modified! (But I have access to really good mics) so they will sound great!
  2. Bad.
  3. Don't need too much of a reference. Just an example like, "Oh id like a new healing sound" for my custom spell. A test map might not be needed. If the spell has multiple effects like a start, mid, and end. I can just separate each sound individually so you can choose how to distance it. Your choice really lol.
  4. Pretty confident.
  5. Not expecting any pay. I also didn't expect much traffic when I made this thread so the idea of expecting pay for a free service would be odd. It's really just here as an excuse to practice other areas of production I could improve on. These areas of production would be things others would come up with, and not myself. So I'll know for sure I'd have to put effort into understanding what steps it takes to do certain things.
  6. N/A
Thanks,
RB

Last edited:
Level 7
  1. Editing and creation, however I won't lie I don't think I have the best voice acting. So it'll be heavily modified! (But I have access to really good mics) so they will sound great!
  2. Bad.
  3. Don't need too much of a reference. Just an example like, "Oh id like a new healing sound" for my custom spell. A test map might not be needed. If the spell has multiple effects like a start, mid, and end. I can just separate each sound individually so you can choose how to distance it. Your choice really lol.
  4. Pretty confident.
  5. Not expecting any pay. I also didn't expect much traffic when I made this thread so the idea of expecting pay for a free service would be odd. It's really just here as an excuse to practice other areas of production I could improve on. These areas of production would be things others would come up with, and not myself. So I'll know for sure I'd have to put effort into understanding what steps it takes to do certain things.
  6. N/A
Thanks,
RB
Hey i have a shandris voice that i want it to be edited yes! Im not sure how this works cuz its my firs time requesting a voice editing sooo let me if u have time to accept my request.

Level 16
let me if u have time to accept my request.

@pleasancer benediction

Sure do. If you could supply the audio files, that would be great. But I can do that myself if you'd prefer. Below I'll show you an example of the request format. This is just for the purpose of giving you an idea of what I'm expecting.

Request Format
Request Type: Voice Editng
Effect(s): In a cave
Genre Specifics: n/a
Reference: No reference
Additional Information: Make it sound demonic.

I know you didn't give me the downloadable file. But I already know what hero you're talking about, so I could get that myself, then upload it once I'm done with the edits.

There is one thing though, if there is only 1 line you want edited, you need to specify that, otherwise I'd be editing a whole lot of her lines.

Level 16
Bit hard to go off what she should sound like off a "EHA", but I did get to work on it. Just let me know if this is in the right direction. If there are any changes such as "pitch" or any other effect(s) you can think of, then let me know so I can make the changes. I've personally just went with making her sounding less robotic, now it actually sounds like a female talking(Which sorta results in a more "heroic" voice).

Not sure if this is what you wanted, so I just held back on doing all her lines for now, just get back to me if this is good so I can just give you all the files in one go. I'll put it all into a .RAR when I'm done, plus they'll all be in .WAV so you can just simply put it into the Editor. The first part is edited, the second part is not edited!

Attachments

• ShandrisVocalSet_0001.mp3
    145.9 KB · Views: 179
Level 7
Bit hard to go off what she should sound like off a "EHA", but I did get to work on it. Just let me know if this is in the right direction. If there are any changes such as "pitch" or any other effect(s) you can think of, then let me know so I can make the changes. I've personally just went with making her sounding less robotic, now it actually sounds like a female talking(Which sorta results in a more "heroic" voice).

Not sure if this is what you wanted, so I just held back on doing all her lines for now, just get back to me if this is good so I can just give you all the files in one go. I'll put it all into a .RAR when I'm done, plus they'll all be in .WAV so you can just simply put it into the Editor. The first part is edited, the second part is not edited!
Hmm that sounds alright but change her tone abit. Make her tone similar of that war3 demoness tone, heres the example.

Attachments

• SuccubusWhat3.mp3
    5.8 KB · Views: 161
Level 16
Well, the main example is, of course, very obvious. I have gone through a lot of WoW music looking for Dalaran music that would fit the whole RTS wibe, and there are just none. This can probably be useful to get some references too.

Honestly, I am just bad with explanations, meh
Works for me, expect it to take about a week. That is unless I just get crazy inspiration.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Saw this was a possible VO workshop and came here to see you geek out about this, hahaha
Ha! You got me.

Procrastination is getting the best of me again, though. I've been so busy I haven't made anything for Ryan to work with. :< Here's hoping I don't end up taking too long like with StringStorm before him and DivineArms before him.

@Pyrogasm ! You never responded to my VM. ; )

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Ah ok, so no voice/line recording or sfx creation? Good to know. : )

I might see what I can do with recording lines myself (though I don't know the kind of modifications required to make it sound Trollish). I also still have that music issue (someday...).

Then look to further!
should probably be
Then look no further!

Level 16
Ah ok, so no voice/line recording or sfx creation? Good to know. : )

I might see what I can do with recording lines myself (though I don't know the kind of modifications required to make it sound Trollish). I also still have that music issue (someday...).

should probably be

Thanks for the typo heads-up!

As far as a "trollish" voice goes. A lot of that would come from your end. Voice actors that do troll voices don't get the "troll" effect through effects. It's for the most part, just their voice. Basically what would happen is, you do your best troll voice, and any effects I apply will clean it up. But if it was a demonic troll voice, then there will be an additional step required. And that would be me doubling the line(s) you've recorded and editing it to make it sound the way it should.

Hopefully this makes sense!

Last edited:
Level 16
Can I request some voice editing? I just wanted to use Warden's voice similar to Dark Ranger Sylvanas, you know like a voice full with vengeance. I am sorry if this is too much for you :( But if it's ok, I'll upload a whole zip of those voicelines for you

That can absolutely be done! Just send me the audio files in a ZIP - so I don't have to download the files individually.

Level 16
Here, sir. Thanks in advance for helping :)

No problem! Here's the audio files, @Love Seeker . Let me know what you think!

Note: The audio files have not been converted for the World Editor. If the WAV files I've provided don't work by simply adding it to your project. Then convert the files - then add it to the project.

Attachments

• WardenPissed Edit.rar
    12.8 MB · Views: 41
Level 13
No problem! Here's the audio files, @Love Seeker . Let me know what you think!

Note: The audio files have not been converted for the World Editor. If the WAV files I've provided don't work by simply adding it to your project. Then convert the files - then add it to the project.
This is actually nice! I haven't imported them in WE but with help of Allow Local Files, I had to say these are great! It causes portrait to animate longer but I think it's okay! Thanks alot!