1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

ItsRyanBoi's [Voice Editing/Producing/Effects] Workshop

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Its Ryan Boi, Jun 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Its Ryan Boi

Its Ryan Boi

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    Introduction
    Here you will be able to request various things such as vocal editing, track producing and sound effects. If you're wondering why I would go out my way to do such a workshop since it does seem a bit tedious. It's because I'm looking to improve my producing ability with not only sound design but with creating as a whole. I'm happy to go about this through a workshop like this, so don't feel bad for requesting!

Voice Editing

Let's say that you've been working on a project... After a while you decide to record yourself. It might not be to the desired standard that you've sought for. So now you're in a pickle, and you don't know how to get "that sound" that you're looking for. Well then, that's where I come in! If you're looking for clearer recordings through editing, then I'll make it more clear. If it's not demonic enough, then I'll give it that hellish touch... And more! ... Just nothing overly sexual. Or do I don't really mind.

Creating Effects
    Sometimes it's hard to come across a specific sound effect that you're looking for. Here I can altar preexisting sound effects, but also create new ones. This is perfect for those that're looking to push their projects further with sounds to bring it to life. Note: You project won't actually come to life... That would be silly! Though it's not easy to create new sounds. I'll make sure that what you've requested will be made to the best of my ability!

Producing Tracks
    This is a big one... I know it'll be hard to create full tracks for everyone that comes by, however I'll try my best to complete all requests that have been made. There is no genre limitations here, so feel free to request whatever you'd like.

Request Format (not mandatory)
    Request Type: Voice Editing, Creating Effect or Producing Track? (Only one at a time please!)
    Effect(s): What type of effects would you like? For example (reverb, distortion or deep). Not restricted to those three options.
    Genre Specifics: If you know what genre you're requesting please put that here.
    Reference: If there is a video that I can use as a reference for what sound you're looking for, feel free to put that here. It's not required but will help.
    Additional Information: Give a description for what it will be used for. This is useful for understanding what vibe you're going for. If there are other specifications that you're looking for, put them here.

Example Track
    > RyanBoi (Cinematic)

Thanks for stopping by!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  2. Its Ryan Boi

Its Ryan Boi

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Reserved for updates.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  3. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Awesome stuff! That cinematic track is amazing. I'll pin this to get it some attention.

4. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Well, it worked. ; )

~~~

Hey there @Its Ryan Boi ! We're glad to have you here on the Hive; all the more because the services you offer are far & away the single-most under-represented elements of modding in Warcraft 3 to date, in my opinion. Just, nobody but nobody does custom voice sets, custom music, etc (well, a few perhaps).

(Part of the problem, honestly, is how hard Blizzard made it to mess around with sound, which is a shame, especially in comparison to how easy it is to mod everything else. But alas)

ANYWAY, got a couple questions for ya:

#1: For Voices: Are you offering primarily editing help, or possibly/also creation?
    #1.2: How is your Jamaican accent? : )

#2: For Creating Effects: I presume you refer to the sounds that play during spells & abilities, which, honestly, I'd never thought about before & could really be useful. What do you require to properly create a given sound? (Screenshot, Gif, test map, etc)

#3: For Music, part One: Creating entire new tracks?? Vunderbar. I'm curious how you feel about the Jungle Trolls...
    Two: Alternatively, how capable do you feel about mixing two existing pieces of music?

#4: Aside from (of course) crediting you in our projects, how much are you expecting in payment?

#5: y r u so kool bro

~~~

Have a good day!

5. Its Ryan Boi

Its Ryan Boi

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    1. Editing and creation, however I won't lie I don't think I have the best voice acting. So it'll be heavily modified! (But I have access to really good mics) so they will sound great!
    2. Bad.
    3. Don't need too much of a reference. Just an example like, "Oh id like a new healing sound" for my custom spell. A test map might not be needed. If the spell has multiple effects like a start, mid, and end. I can just separate each sound individually so you can choose how to distance it. Your choice really lol.
    4. Pretty confident.
    5. Not expecting any pay. I also didn't expect much traffic when I made this thread so the idea of expecting pay for a free service would be odd. It's really just here as an excuse to practice other areas of production I could improve on. These areas of production would be things others would come up with, and not myself. So I'll know for sure I'd have to put effort into understanding what steps it takes to do certain things.
    6. N/A
    Thanks,
    RB

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  6. pleasancer benediction

pleasancer benediction

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey i have a shandris voice that i want it to be edited yes! Im not sure how this works cuz its my firs time requesting a voice editing sooo let me if u have time to accept my request.

7. Its Ryan Boi

Its Ryan Boi

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    @pleasancer benediction

Sure do. If you could supply the audio files, that would be great. But I can do that myself if you'd prefer. Below I'll show you an example of the request format. This is just for the purpose of giving you an idea of what I'm expecting.

Request Format
    Request Type: Voice Editng
    Effect(s): In a cave
    Genre Specifics: n/a
    Reference: No reference
    Additional Information: Make it sound demonic.

I know you didn't give me the downloadable file. But I already know what hero you're talking about, so I could get that myself, then upload it once I'm done with the edits.

There is one thing though, if there is only 1 line you want edited, you need to specify that, otherwise I'd be editing a whole lot of her lines.

8. pleasancer benediction

pleasancer benediction

Resources:
    Resources:
    Request Format
    Request Type: Voice Editng
    Effect(s): brave type
    Genre Specifics:
    Reference: https: 0:50
    Additional Information: Edit shandris entire voice yes!

9. Its Ryan Boi

Its Ryan Boi

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Bit hard to go off what she should sound like off a "EHA", but I did get to work on it. Just let me know if this is in the right direction. If there are any changes such as "pitch" or any other effect(s) you can think of, then let me know so I can make the changes. I've personally just went with making her sounding less robotic, now it actually sounds like a female talking(Which sorta results in a more "heroic" voice).

Not sure if this is what you wanted, so I just held back on doing all her lines for now, just get back to me if this is good so I can just give you all the files in one go. I'll put it all into a .RAR when I'm done, plus they'll all be in .WAV so you can just simply put it into the Editor. The first part is edited, the second part is not edited!

Attached Files:

10. pleasancer benediction

pleasancer benediction

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm that sounds alright but change her tone abit. Make her tone similar of that war3 demoness tone, heres the example.

Attached Files:

11. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Might consider this, at least some of my old stuffs can really get these.

12. Saelendious

Saelendious

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, its good to see Im not the only one looking for self-improvement, and I wouldnt wanna give an impossible task for you, but can you assist me by making something like its from alliance ost, but with mostly dalaran-ish tones in it? It doesnt have to be a fully executed 5 minute theme.

13. Its Ryan Boi

Its Ryan Boi

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Can you give me a good example of what a "Dalaran-ish" tone is, @Saelendious . I'll start on it once I get some reference or just a better explanation so I can work on it.

14. Saelendious

Saelendious

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, the main example is, of course, very obvious. I have gone through a lot of WoW music looking for Dalaran music that would fit the whole RTS wibe, and there are just none. This can probably be useful to get some references too.

Honestly, I am just bad with explanations, meh

15. Its Ryan Boi

Its Ryan Boi

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Works for me, expect it to take about a week. That is unless I just get crazy inspiration.

16. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Saw this was a possible VO workshop and came here to see you geek out about this, hahaha

17. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Ha! You got me.

Procrastination is getting the best of me again, though. I've been so busy I haven't made anything for Ryan to work with. :< Here's hoping I don't end up taking too long like with StringStorm before him and DivineArms before him.

@Pyrogasm ! You never responded to my VM. ; )

18. Saelendious

Saelendious

Resources:
    Resources:
    well, of course i didnt expect you to go all-out on that and finish the very next, thats totally acceptable xd

19. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    From @Its Ryan Boi:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.