• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item Gold Cost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
you kinda can. you can prevent item from being bought. and you can remove gold from a player.

however you cant change the tooltip it would still show the old price

It just only for increasing item cost, not decreasing.
And how can I change the tooltip via trigger?

Level 28
And how can I change the tooltip via trigger?
He already answered this (even in the post you quoted):
however you cant change the tooltip

There's actually a way to do this (you're not really changing the tooltip, but it will look like it), but I need some information first:
1) What is the minimum and maximum gold cost?
2) Are those prices set values (e.g.: 100, 200, 300), or a range of values (e.g.: anything between 100 and 300)?

Level 28
if you decrease players gold you increase the cost duh :p
Actually, my idea was to use the ability "Charge Gold and Lumber" to 'change the tooltip' (increase/decrease the ability level) so that the actual gold cost will change.
The problem is that this might create too many ability levels, in which case it cannot be used.
If you have a set amount of gold costs, then this will work beautifully.

Level 28
I heard that one cannot level Charge Gold and Lumber, and you have to make separate abilities.
I believe that would be incorrect.
There are a few inconveniences, though: the first level of the ability cannot be used and you need to re-select the unit in order to see a change in the tooltip (this can be solved by removing/adding the unit from a player's selection).

Level 2
Sorry Bros.
I tried, but can't change it with the items.
Anyone has a tutorial map?

Level 2
Perhaps you could respond to my questions first, then? :p
Sorry, I don't how to answer your questions.
All I want to do is change items' gold cost after reciping.
For example:
Arcane Boots = Boots of Speed + Energy Booster
Arcane Boots: 1500g
Boots of Speed: 500g
Energy Booster: 800g.
Just example.
If I buy Boots of Speed, then Arcane Boots' cost decreases to 1000g. If I buy Energy Booster, then Arcane Boots' cost decreases to 500g, or if I buy both Boots of Speed and Energy Booster, Arcane Boots' cost decreases to 200g.
So how can I do that?

Level 28
Oh, like for a recipe system?

The problem is: this has to be player-specific, correct?
So if Player 1 buys the Boots of Speed, do Player 2's Arcane Boots still need to cost 1500 while Player 1's Arcane Boots have been reduced to 1000 gold?
If that is the case, then Chaosy's solution actually is the best one :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.