• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

It seems that units cannot use mana regeneration items even with a modified inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
It seems that units cannot use mana regeneration items even with a modified inventory.

I have a hero which I call the Broodmother. Her abilities suits her name, such as "Lay an egg", etc.

The eggs which are laid have mana, but they start of with 0 mana, with the maximum mana capacity of 100, and the eggs regenerate mana over time. The player can use the eggs' mana to "hatch" into other types of spiders.

Now, on a few tests, I realised that the mana regeneration given would be slow, but increasing it any further would also make it too fast. So I made a custom Unit Inventory which allows non-hero units to use items (I believe some of you have done this before).

The problem is, the eggs seemed to not use the mana regeneration bonuses from any given item (like the Sobi Mask, etc.). I even tried to give an egg an item that increases it's wearer's mana regeneration by 1000%, but the egg still regenerated mana at a slow pace (its base mana regeneration).

Does anyone know a solution to the problem? Many thanks in advance.

Level 3
base it on Inventory Hero
if you use the ones for units make sure you enable Can Use Items

I did enable "Can Use Items".

Afaik, units don't benefit from item bonuses. You can try adding the abilities directly to the units. Or try a custom Brilliance Aura

Hmm, though it seems that units can benefit from flat bonuses. Like +5 defense from a Ring of Protection.

Guys, it's not working. I tried to base the Inventory on a Hero Inventory as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.