• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

It ain't working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Alright, i hope you understand this.

Trigger editor:
(Cat)Mainquest01
(trig)Mainquest01
-event:
Map initilazion
-condition:
-Action:
Quest- Display to player qroup - Player1 (red) the quest discovered message: Foorman: You ne...
Quest- Create a Required quest title TENT with the discription You have been set l..., using icon path Rep...blp
Quest- Mark Mainquest1 as discovered

---------------------------------------------
Alright, the problem is now that when i test the game I can not see the MAIN QUEST DISCOVERED and some description with it like: -find a tent
on the game screen

Can somebody please help me, thanks.

Level 13
1. Don't use map init as event, better use something like "time elapsed - elapsed game time equal to 0.01 seconds"

2. "Quest- Mark Mainquest1 as discovered"
I think Mainquest1 is a variable, right? But I see now action that sets the variable to your last created quest.

Level 3
i thought the editor said itself "do not put visible changes in the map initialisation without a wait trigger before them". just do that for 0.01 or do what DarkShadow said and it'll be fine

Level 13
:lol: Oh, hehe, now I see what you want. The yellow color is nothing build-in, you have to use a color-code for that (dl color manager or color template for this).
e.g. then the message should look like this:

|cfffff32cNEW|r |cfffff32cMAINQUEST|r
The tent
- find a tent

btw with dialogs, you mean sth like the ingame-cinematics blizzard did?

Level 3
Campaign making

Hey, I understand 'Almost' everything from worldedit.
I'm making an campaign now and it's a pretty nice one. Expecially level 1 and 3. 2 is interlude.
It's about an commander who lives at a base and controls half of an army.
At one day the base is under attack. At the east undead and at the west orcs. You have to defend the east gate with your half of the army. The west is protected by elves and they are making a spell. When the spell is done will a storm begins. (INTERLUDE) Tommy is fighting and runs away. (part3) Tommy is prisoned by orcs and gets the ability to wander around. And BLABLABLA it just goes on. He hears the humanity is almost fully vanished from the earth.

lots of bullshit :D

Status
Not open for further replies.