• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do you make a quest discovered for just one person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys.

Just wondering. I got a map, Battle of The Exiled. Its awesome, custom models, custom abilities, all that stuff. But one thing i'm having trouble with, its quests!

I've created all the quests needed for the map. I want to make it if you walk up to the quest person, it will discover it FOR JUST YOU ONLY, not for everyone else. Also when discovering the quest, for example

Mark [Last created quest] as discovered. I want to discover it specifically. And how to discover it specifically for just one person? I know this may seem impossible, im just asking to see if any aaaddvaaanceddd map makers know.

Level 24
well quests are supposed to be the same for all players or something. i remember a thread a while back that was talking about server splits or instant disconnects and making quests different from player to player was one of the causes. :? sorry

Level 5
It is not impossible, however, it doesn't have an easy way. To complete your request you need to know JASS. If you do, you can reach that via GetLocalPlayer()==GetEnumPlayer() way.

Status
Not open for further replies.