• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Double Quest Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I've been attempting to put together a simple quest, but I've encountered a small snag. Whenever the quest is discovered, the player receives two messages about the quest being discovered, not just one. I've uploaded a picture to illustrate. First I'll show the trigger that discovers the quest, because that seems to be where the problem lies.

• Discover BHR
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing Attack as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
      • Camera - Apply BHRCamera <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 2.00 seconds
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in ScoutAttackForce and do (Unit - Unhide (Picked unit))
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Fel Orc Grunt 0123 <gen> named <Slayer>: Play No sound and display It seems the humans.... Modify duration: Add 6.00 seconds and Wait
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Fel Orc Grunt 0123 <gen> named <Slayer>: Play No sound and display We need every orc w.... Modify duration: Add 6.00 seconds and Wait
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 1 (Red) to standard game-view over 2.00 seconds
      • Quest - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) the Quest Discovered message: |cffffcc00OPTIONA...
      • Quest - Mark Quests[1] as Discovered
      • Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All players) at (Position of Vazruden 0126 <gen>) for 2.00 seconds
(The Event is just to help testing purposes)

My first thought was that my Quest Discovered message just had two messages in the actual text field, but utilizing Select All, Copy, and Paste, I found that it only contained:

Quest Discovered message said:
|cffffcc00OPTIONAL QUEST|r
Bleeding Hollow Raiders
- Slaughter the human raiding party
- Protect the Bleeding Hollow Blademaster

My next step in troubleshooting was deleting the line that displayed the quest message to see if only one message would show up. No messages were displayed when I tested that. I also attempted to just use a game message rather than a quest one, which resulted in two messages being shown.

Does anyone have an idea what may be going wrong here?

Level 4
Surely enough, you're correct. I tested by spawning a unit at the end of the cinematic, and I ended up with two units. Time to dig through my triggers!
\

Level 4
Thanks for the offer, but I just used a Boolean variable for whether or not the quest had been discovered, and checked for that. Thanks again for your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.